How does MTD work on Anthem?

DH and I are not new to cruising, or Royal Caribbean, as we are Diamond members. But the last time I was on a Quantum class ship (the Quantum), Dynamic Dining was new (and a horrific mess).

I went in today to book dinner reservations for MTD on Anthem. It allowed me to pick the times I wanted, but it doesn't give an option to pick which restaurant.

How does that work now? Are you assigned a certain restaurant for the whole cruise?

Can someone update me, please?

Thanks so much,

Rachel

They got rid of the dynamic thing and all the dining rooms are just the MDR with different decor. Just like other ships, one of the MDRs is designated for MTD. The menu’s are all the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DH and I are not new to cruising, or Royal Caribbean, as we are Diamond members. But the last time I was on a Quantum class ship (the Quantum), Dynamic Dining was new (and a horrific mess).

I went in today to book dinner reservations for MTD on Anthem. It allowed me to pick the times I wanted, but it doesn't give an option to pick which restaurant.

How does that work now? Are you assigned a certain restaurant for the whole cruise?

Can someone update me, please?

Thanks so much,

Rachel

Silk and American Icon are typically used for MTD. Chic and Grande are typically traditional dining. On our sailing in November, they were taking people from the MTD lines to Chic and Grande some nights because MTD was very busy.

I had traditional late seating on my first Anthem cruise in September and it was wonderful. The Grande was never more than half full and we had excellent service. I could only get MTD for my next cruise on Anthem. From reading here, it seems to be in your best interest to make a reservation now for each night. I still can't figure out if this is an actual table, or more of a crowd control technique. It was nice having a set spot each night and just going to our table.

Does anyone know, if we make a MTD reservation and decide to just go to the WJ, should we go down and cancel the reservation? I'm thinking they aren't actually holding tables for you, but it's more of a next available situation? Does it matter in real time?

Typically American Icon handles MTD with reservations and Silk handles MTD without reservations, but this can vary depending on the mix of reservations/no reservations and as well as the table availability in Chic and Grande if MTD is busy.

Does anyone know, if we make a MTD reservation and decide to just go to the WJ, should we go down and cancel the reservation? I'm thinking they aren't actually holding tables for you, but it's more of a next available situation? Does it matter in real time?

As a courtesy you should call and cancel your reservation. No need to actually go down to the restaurant.

We will cancel a MTD reservation if we are not going to use it since they do try to put you at the same table most times if you have a consistent dining time each night.

Hi everyone,

We booked this cruise late so traditional late dining wasn't available. It was the week before when I checked. We have MTD. I booked 8:15 each night. I'm disappointed to hear MTD limits you to only one dining room. Would this have been the case with traditional dining. We have never done MTD before. Also what are the chances late would open up? We also don't know show times so difficult to plan meal times.

Thanks!

Karyn

Hi everyone,

We booked this cruise late so traditional late dining wasn't available. It was the week before when I checked. We have MTD. I booked 8:15 each night. I'm disappointed to hear MTD limits you to only one dining room. Would this have been the case with traditional dining. We have never done MTD before. Also what are the chances late would open up? We also don't know show times so difficult to plan meal times.

Thanks!

Karyn

You would have been assigned to one dining room with traditional dining too.

• 7 months later...
Does MTD mean you have different waiters each night?

They will try to give you the same wait staff, but if you get to the dining room at different times each night, the chances are lower that you will be able to get the same wait staff.

Here is the most important thing, the FOOD is the same in all 4. The only thing different is the décor. That's it. Art, Colors, Chairs, Carpet. not things you can eat.

See post #2 below, the very 1st reply from January in this recently resurrected thread.

Just like other ships, one of the MDRs is designated for MTD.

The menu’s are all the same.

Silk and American Icon are typically used for MTD. Chic and Grande are typically traditional dining. On our sailing in November, they were taking people from the MTD lines to Chic and Grande some nights because MTD was very busy.

Same on the recent Anthem cruise. However, I miss DD as the new menu is the same every night with the exception of the 1st 2 items in each category. Simply boring!

It can do, but if you prefer to have the same waiters make that request and the Maitre D will do their best to accomodate you

When we were on the Anthem, the default was to try and get you with the same waiters. We would tell the hostess that we didn't want to wait 15-30 minutes for a table to clear in their section and request the first available table. When we did that, we were seated immediately.

We have MTD also on Anthem, when we get down to the dining room can we request to be seated for a table of 2 each night? Also right now on the cruiseplanner we can reserve times but how would we know what would be a safe time to book when right now we still can't reserve any entertainment times for shows? or even know what shows are what nights?

How do people handle that?

Edited by Jimbo

We have MTD also on Anthem, when we get down to the dining room can we request to be seated for a table of 2 each night? Also right now on the cruiseplanner we can reserve times but how would we know what would be a safe time to book when right now we still can't reserve any entertainment times for shows? oe even know what shows are what nights?

We had a table for 3 each night. 2 adults and 1 child. Very accommodating, very easy. I love the people are cruises for the most part but would rather have dinner with just us.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Also right now on the cruiseplanner we can reserve times but how would we know what would be a safe time to book when right now we still can't reserve any entertainment times for shows? or even know what shows are what nights?

Assume shows about 7 and 9 and plan around that. If needed, adjust either when you book the shows or on board.