Angled balcony

dam64

Hi new to Celebrity. We just booked our first Celebrity cruise and we booked room A1 9207 balcony room on the Reflection. Is this a bigger balcony than normal because of the angle? Also its seems to be on a hump. Pros cons?Anyone stay in one of these rooms? Info would be much appreciated, thanks.

I get the extra size, but I'm not sure that I would like them. The forward facing Angled balconies look like they would get a lot of wind when the ship is motion and it looks like you look into many of the non-hump balconies. I would fell awkward standing on the edge of the balcony with a view into many other balconies.

I get the extra size, but I'm not sure that I would like them. The forward facing Angled balconies look like they would get a lot of wind when the ship is motion and it looks like you look into many of the non-hump balconies. I would fell awkward standing on the edge of the balcony with a view into many other balconies.

Why? I doubt anyone will be doing anything that they wouldn't do around the pool or elsewhere on the ship.

• Like 1

I’ve had rooms 9207, 9209 & we are in 9211 on the Reflection later this year. the rooms are the same size, but the balcony’s are 30-50% larger on the angled hump, a little windier but nothing to be worried about. We have 2 Celebrity Cruises this year and have 9211 & 9207 booked. 4th time on deck 9, very close to everything, quiet and just 10-15 seconds to the elevations. You will love these rooms. Charlie

Hi new to Celebrity. We just booked our first Celebrity cruise and we booked room A1 9207 balcony room on the Reflection. Is this a bigger balcony than normal because of the angle? Also its seems to be on a hump. Pros cons?Anyone stay in one of these rooms? Info would be much appreciated, thanks.

Tip: Also search sticky for adjacent cabins, and note that reviews of same cabins on other s-class ships are relevant. All hump cabins have larger than normal verandas. There is a review of 9209 on Reflection, written by me:)

I’ve had rooms 9207, 9209 & we are in 9211 on the Reflection later this year. the rooms are the same size, but the balcony’s are 30-50% larger on the angled hump, a little windier but nothing to be worried about. We have 2 Celebrity Cruises this year and have 9211 & 9207 booked. 4th time on deck 9, very close to everything, quiet and just 10-15 seconds to the elevations. You will love these rooms. Charlie

Would you happen to have pictures of the balcony? I’ve read some of these rooms the balconies are larger and deeper. I’m trying to figure out if mine is the smaller of all the hump balconies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can see others on their balconies and they can see you looking at them. I felt that was awkward. It is much windier on the balcony when in motion. But the longer balcony is nice.

An issue we had was the stateroom attendant's closet. It was noisy on occasion early in the morning. Do not worry about any noise from the elevators or atrium.

We just returned from a cruise on the Silhouette and had cabin 9270 which is on the hump. The balcony was huge. I took a tape measure with me to measure the size. It measured 14 feet deep at its widest point and 8 1/2 feet wide. This cabin was the one the furthest out and if you stood at the railing you could see the bridge. When you were sailing it was very windy if you stood at the railing. But if you were sitting you were protected. Lots of shaded area, if you want shade. We normally book the aft extended balconies, but there were none available so we tried the A1 balcony and really liked it. You will have a lot more balcony space than a regular balcony cabin.

Would you happen to have pictures of the balcony? I’ve read some of these rooms the balconies are larger and deeper. I’m trying to figure out if mine is the smaller of all the hump balconies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1st and 3rd cabins off the hump are the largest, 9215 and 9209. So 9207 would be next largest. Still very nice size.

People cruise with tape measures? Good to know.

The extra space on the bump balcony is really nice. We've had both sizes and prefer your choice. The bump balcony larger than yours can have a kind of tunnel feel to it, and darker if you are away from the sun. They don't angle to such a degree that you invade much of the privacy of others. The glass dividers on the other cabins help. Enjoy your cruise!

Why? I doubt anyone will be doing anything that they wouldn't do around the pool or elsewhere on the ship.

1. I'm not sure that is true ;)

2. Even if they are not doing anything, it feels like you are invading their privacy. Perhaps you don't care, but it feels awkward for some of us.

1. I'm not sure that is true ;)

2. Even if they are not doing anything, it feels like you are invading their privacy. Perhaps you don't care, but it feels awkward for some of us.

We enjoy aft cabins, and on Celebrity, the way the cabins are raked, anyone on higher decks have a pretty decent view of these cabins. It's never bothered us at all, because anyone watching us sitting and reading or enjoying breakfast on our balcony isn't seeing anything more than they would if we were reading by the pool or enjoying breakfast in the MDR.

The flip side is that just because the occupants of 9207 are able to look into a number of cabins doesn't mean that they have to; no one is forcing them to look. It's very easy to sit and have no view into them, or to stand at the rail and simply not look there. We've had a cabin with the same sight lines on Deck 8 and had no difficulty enjoying the panoramic view without even noticing the occupants of the balconies.

As for invading their privacy, there's no more expectation of privacy on these balconies than there would be sitting by the pool. Just like when you are in port with another ship berthed next to you, you know (or should know) that you can be seen.

Just got off Reflection last month and stayed in 2151, a forward facing hump balcony. It was not at all windy while the ship sailed. The balcony was also deep enough that it allowed for both sun and shade. We'd definitely book it again. It was also in a very convenient location near the elevators and extremely quiet.

We enjoy aft cabins, and on Celebrity, the way the cabins are raked, anyone on higher decks have a pretty decent view of these cabins. It's never bothered us at all, because anyone watching us sitting and reading or enjoying breakfast on our balcony isn't seeing anything more than they would if we were reading by the pool or enjoying breakfast in the MDR.

The flip side is that just because the occupants of 9207 are able to look into a number of cabins doesn't mean that they have to; no one is forcing them to look. It's very easy to sit and have no view into them, or to stand at the rail and simply not look there. We've had a cabin with the same sight lines on Deck 8 and had no difficulty enjoying the panoramic view without even noticing the occupants of the balconies.

As for invading their privacy, there's no more expectation of privacy on these balconies than there would be sitting by the pool. Just like when you are in port with another ship berthed next to you, you know (or should know) that you can be seen.

I'm glad that you enjoy the angled balconies, everyone doesn't. Some of us have indicated the issues that we have with the angled balconies, just because these issues don't bother you doesn't make the issues any less valid. After illustrating these concerns, I think the OP is informed and can make his/her own decision.

I understand the desire to respect everyone's privacy. When we had the bump cabins, we simply made a conscious effort to enjoy our view while standing or sitting before the privacy glass ended (or, in your case, stand at the edge - just don't look to the right :eek:). Problem solved! No more worries! The additional balcony space still made the cabin feel roomier.

I guess my sensibility isn't terribly delicate because I book only hump cabins. Proximity to the elevators and being able to sit in sun or shade are primary to me. I use my balcony a lot (almost daily breakfast) and like being able to pop down to Cafe al Bacio, with no long trek to the elevators, for a cappuccino to be enjoyed on my balcony with a good book. If it's hot, I can sit close to the railing for the breeze. If it's cold/raining, I can sit further back, safe from wind, and still enjoy the balcony, even on a Northern Transatlantic (you can ask your steward for a blanket). While I realize that everyone can see ME when I'm at the railing, I protect other pax from eye damage with a caftan/bathrobe. Preference would be first cabin on the back side of the hump, so I can stick my head out and also see forward, but I've enjoyed all four aft hump cabins at one time or another. I consider them the "all-weather" choices. I also try to book starboard because smoke can waft your way sometimes on port side, especially if your cabin is on the pool deck hump. OP, if you do opt for a hump cabin on the slant, have a great cruise and enjoy your balcony!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Forums mobile app