RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

I'll be on my second cruise as a Diamond in the fall. Last cruise, I never set foot in the DL (too intimidated), but I'd like to check it out this time around- I've heard the one on Harmony is a bit small, but what's it like in the mornings in the DL in general?

Don't ever feel too intimidated. Most people are very friendly in the DL.

It’s all about Free Alcohol for most.

Oasis and Allure soon losing their DL to a revenue producing area. That’s my bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, jr. micromanager, on what do you base this? Your desire to punish those who inhabit the DL. Or some super secret connection to the one person who controls the entire country of Oz... IE the wizard.

Just asking, because mostly in this thread it is BS and wishes.

JC

I'd rather they just give me 40% off the Deluxe drink package.

Especially since they seem to think those drinks are worth $12. The 40% discount would be

less than the supposed value of 3 sea pass drinks. Plus I won't be crowding the DL.

Seems like a win/win.

I am with you - I actually emailed them suggesting they would make more money on Diamond members by giving us 50% off the drinks package rather than free drinks in Diamond lounge / 3 drinks at any bar in happy hour. Haven''t had a reply. Maybe we need to start a petition!

So, jr. micromanager, on what do you base this? Your desire to punish those who inhabit the DL. Or some super secret connection to the one person who controls the entire country of Oz... IE the wizard.

JC

I would still bet on something revenue producing to take inhabitance in the current DL’s on Oasis and Allure during drydock.

Your correct, lots of BS and probably more of that than wishes.

I am with you - I actually emailed them suggesting they would make more money on Diamond members by giving us 50% off the drinks package rather than free drinks in Diamond lounge / 3 drinks at any bar in happy hour. Haven''t had a reply. Maybe we need to start a petition!

Now that would be an excellent perk. Our drink packages run between $700-800 a 7 day cruise. Higher with the VAT added.

Just what percentage of Diamonds and above you think would pay for the package in lieu of the free drinks?

40% off what? The discounted cruise planner price or the onboard price?

I qualify for 40% off now and it still doesn't make me even think about buying it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Hi - just curious as to how you qualify for a 40% discount off the beverage package - is this at some higher level of the Crown & Anchor?

I would still bet on something revenue producing to take inhabitance in the current DL’s on Oasis and Allure during drydock.

Your correct, lots of BS and probably more of that than wishes.

It is some pretty real estate.... that said, you were micromanaging, and I would like to know the source of your postings, and not just surmise, aka BS.

I see a luxury super suite where people who spend a 100K for a week go, and pretend they are just like the little people who used to inhabit the DL....

I work and deal with super rich everyday, and my experience is they are not really like they are portrayed on TV

JC

It is some pretty real estate.... that said, you were micromanaging, and I would like to know the source of your postings, and not just surmise, aka BS.

I see a luxury super suite where people who spend a 100K for a week go, and pretend they are just like the little people who used to inhabit the DL....

I work and deal with super rich everyday, and my experience is they are not really like they are portrayed on TV

JC

Well, either it is or it isn’t. I would still bet with the is going to be replaced. That would be my bet. Why wouldn’t Royal replace it with a revenue producing venue? Because a group is complaining here on CC about over crowding and elimination of the CL.

Call it BS. We can have this discussion after Oasis Drydock.

There are people out there who would gladly pay for a Suite in the old DL. Just not us.

I don't understand how anyone can feel demoted from a suite lounge, when they are not staying in a suite! The suite lounge is for suite guests and Pinnacles, and no other C&A categories. If the SL is that important, then those who want entry should book a suite ( easy) , or sail often enough to become Pinnacle .

M

Sure. I'll get right on that as soon as I earn my first million or win a lottery. Meanwhile for us working stiffs that earned D+ by paying for it one cruise at a time, it's pretty insulting to be basically told that our loyal money isn't good enough anymore and to have many of the golden carrots they dangled in front of us as incentive to earn this "elite" status, such as the CL, "reassigned" and taken away, to be given freely to someone just because they can afford to slam down 30 grand in one shot and may never sail again or to those that have the ability/luxury of cruising 50 weeks of the year. For the rest of us slobs it's kiss off there's no room at the inn because you took too long to get here. Thanks a bunch Royal.

Edited by 2CruzAddicts
Spelling

Sure. I'll get right on that as soon as I earn my first million or win a lottery. Meanwhile for us working stiffs that earned D+ by paying for it one cruise at a time, it's pretty insulting to be basically told that our loyal money isn't good enough anymore and to have many of the golden carrots they dangled in front of us as incentive to earn this "elite" status, such as the CL, "reassigned" and taken away, to be given freely to someone just because they can afford to slam down 30 grand in one shot and may never sail again or to those that have the ability/luxury of cruising 50 weeks of the year. For the rest of us slobs it's kiss off there's no room at the inn because you took too long to get here. Thanks a bunch Royal.

Brilliant and very true post for the vast majority of cruisers.

Almost the entire ship are not permitted in the SL except for Suite Guests and Pinnacle. “Banned” is stretching it and is nothing but a “hyperbole”.

The Diamond Lounge is a C&A perk. The SL except for Pinnacle are not. Only Diamond members may enter the DL. Anyone may book a full Suite and enter the SL regardless of status.

I just book a gs or above if the sl and the perks warrants it and i want tp use them. Actually on oasis class my family and i love the crown lofts and we make it a priority to book them when they are available. On our last 2 weeks on oasis, i used the d lounge more during happy hour than the sl. Met some great fellow cruisers and had a blast in the overflow in blazes.

My thought is this is royals party and we are their guests. If i want a certain amenity then i must pay for it. If i feel that the price is to much for those benefits, i vote with my wallet.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

JC

Well said.

I don't understand why a customer repeatedly wants a supplier to charge more and take away other customers hard earned benefits.

I don't believe Royal's discontinuation of the pillow chocolates, welcome back gifts,etc. had anything to do with customer complaints. It was simply a matter of cost cutting, which, to be fair, all the cruise lines have done. What I and others here are upset about is the diminuation/ dilution of the loyalty perks.

Very true, unfortunately businesses everywhere have reduced benefits and perks in search of more profits and certainly not because of customer complaints.

Do many of you venture out to the other Lounges. Some have piano players, some singers, some musicians, and even Karaoke. You do have 3 Free drinks loaded on your SeaPass or is the DL the highlight of your cruising?

Rarely see karaoke during the cocktail hour

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

I qualify for 40% and it's still around the same price as an average sale price on the cruise planner. [emoji6]

Well, either it is or it isn’t. I would still bet with the is going to be replaced. That would be my bet. Why wouldn’t Royal replace it with a revenue producing venue? Because a group is complaining here on CC about over crowding and elimination of the CL.

Call it BS. We can have this discussion after Oasis Drydock.

There are people out there who would gladly pay for a Suite in the old DL. Just not us.

I still think they should have put promenade balconies when they added the cabins where the old Oasis DL was.

Just curious, anybody know what is above Boleros on Harmony?