RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Dislike those tiny "hotel" soaps. :(

I always toss in a full bar of soap from home to use in the shower (the supplied baby bars I use at the sink). Plus I bring my own shampoo and conditioner.

We always bring Simple pure soap brand which has no perfume or colour for sensitive skin and Dove shampoo and Dove conditioner to avoid any allergic reactions.

Yup, that's the one I saw last month also. Yuck! Indeed ugly! :eek:

And I think it’s very nice looking, having sailed on it. The interior is FAR superior to any of royals ships in elegancy. And the outdoor areas are quite amazing actually.

But hey.... I think there’s nothing wrong with the lounges as they are, and don’t think they need to boot out the diamonds.

Just goes to show that people have drastically different views on many different subjects. And some dont need to repeat it 46 times in one thread [emoji6]. Just generally speaking not about anyone specific. Flame on [emoji91]

Yes MSC are massive in container shipping and look like they are putting that concept look into their cruiseships.

That could be a good concept, any unsold cabins could be removed making the ship lighter for that sailing saving on fuel, if oversold more cabins can be added :D:ship:

Edited by icsys

That could be a good concept, any unsold cabins could be removed making the ship lighter for that sailing saving on fuel, if oversold more cabins can be added :D:ship:

Bit like in Docklands living in a container https://www.reachhomes.org/container-homes

I also noticed that Seaview is £500pp cheaper than Symphony. Both of them brand new ships

MSC appear to be cheaper on many cruises even with a drinks package included. I have taken advantage of their status match. Just waiting for our cruising companions to reach D.

MSC appear to be cheaper on many cruises even with a drinks package included. I have taken advantage of their status match. Just waiting for our cruising companions to reach D.

As I've said before, if Royal keep chipping away at the perks then other options will look appealing.

Cheaper cruise including a drinks package will win in most cases

As I've said before, if Royal keep chipping away at the perks then other options will look appealing.

There is a TA being offered on MSC Preziosa at £1639 balcony cabin for 19 nights in November, drinks package is being offered at £18pp. Not a bad deal.

I also noticed that Seaview is £500pp cheaper than Symphony. Both of them brand new ships

One of the reasons she’s cheaper is they pack a whole lot more people on her.

Seaview 154,000 GRT, 5429 max capacity, pax to space ratio 28.4

Symphony 228,000 GRT, max capacity 6680, pax to space ratio 34.13

I believe they have a lot less public areas. The same direction Royal is going when taking lounges away and adding insides. Adding cabins above the gym on Jewel etc.

Good point especially when you consider that GRT is a measure of internal volume and not weight.

I believe they have a lot less public areas. The same direction Royal is going when taking lounges away and adding insides. Adding cabins above the gym on Jewel etc.

Except for the Yacht Club. Limited number of rooms. Huge area with private pool, hot tubs, lounge and restaurant.;)

I agree and RC risk losing their USP by all the benefits cutting.

It looks like a cargo ship carrying a load of cabins,it looks gross.

Oh yeah...like one of those huge container ships stacked to the sky...I knew it reminded me of something! Always looks to me like it is so top heavy that it would topple over in a big wave

easily.

You nailed it there! :D:cool:

I am always in full agreement with you regarding the lounges.

I was in an Aspire VIP airport lounge in Newcastle airport and it had 2 sections.

1 was a standard lounge with basic food and a small range of drinks and another section cost more and had more facilities,better food and full bar.

I thought on the Oasis class with one lounge this would be a good idea for D+ and P to have this lounge within a lounge and Diamond the rest of the lounge but D+ and P could still use either part of this lounge.

This would be a compensatory concept for the loss of a CL access for D+

Agree with you also. With the crowding issue getting worse each year, the decision to tear out the existing CLs on Oasis class ships was not a great move IMHO. Adding the Suites Lounge for suites only...yes...they needed it with all the new suites. But I wish they had kept the already existing CLs in place for D+ and Ps.

Agree with you also. With the crowding issue getting worse each year, the decision to tear out the existing CLs on Oasis class ships was not a great move IMHO. Adding the Suites Lounge for suites only...yes...they needed it with all the new suites. But I wish they had kept the already existing CLs in place for D+ and Ps.

I agree.

They could have had the SL for suites only,a CL for D+and P then a DL for D,D+and P.

The cost of the suites deserves an exclusive lounge but it shouldn't have been to the detriment of loyalty lounges.

I agree.

They could have had the SL for suites only,a CL for D+and P then a DL for D,D+and P.

The cost of the suites deserves an exclusive lounge but it shouldn't have been to the detriment of loyalty lounges.

Totally agree. One step forward...two steps back.

Sad indeed. What good is having a loyalty program...if RCI does not really care about their loyal customers any longer? :(:oWhy bother even trying to attain the D+ level?

"Welcome aboard Loyal cruisers! We now would like you to share just the one lounge, as we would like to experiment to see if we can fit 10 pounds of olives in a 5 pound jar!" :o :o

Edited by island lady