RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Marina Bay Sands rooftop pool. 58th floor I think. Not my picture. Will be there late Saturday night.

Hotel for two nights is costing more than 13 nights in a JS. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Its going to be hot hot hot at the weekend... 90F 32C (feels like 100⁰f 38⁰C ) UV index 11

..... and a bit damp.

Recap

Sometimes they're full, sometimes they're not.

Some folks complain, some do not.

Some people drink in the lounge, some do not.

Royal may or may not change the loyalty program.

That is all, off to Singapore and possibly a 1,000+ eligible lounge lizards on the Mariner Not Quite Global Odyssey. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Happy cruising,hope you have a fantastic time.

I hate polls here at CC they are usually dim witted and pointless. Kind of like this thread.

Yes, old people tend to mind where the money is coming from, and have spent their entire lives building up for the moment of retirement, you, who appear to be in their shoes, seem to be an unhappy person who makes them realize that they didn’t have the good fortune of being you. Whether you made your money or you John Kerry’d your money, I don’t care, but for the love of all that is natural, I just don’t get your obsession.

It is all good, but this thread and most of the posts are just a complete waste.

JC

PS John and Laura have an awesome time in Singapore, I really like the city, but it is just stinking hot, all day and night.

Absolutely agree with you.

I fail to understand why the extra Perks are so highly valued by many, and in reality are so few. When Pinnacle was introduced, it was clearly stated as being a recognition of Loyalty rather than a perk driven incentive. In fact the onboard benefits are very similar to that of D+.

Sure the main benefit is the “free” cruise, but hey a lot of dollars have been paid over to get that. For me the one occasional perk is being invited onto ship events, but even now with so many Pinnacle members that is not a given. I do consider it a privilege and am very grateful....Symphony here we come.

I have several friends that still chase points, i say to them simple Please cruise because you like the ship or. Its destination. Stay with Royal because you enjoy the experience, and consider if you had great value for money, do not stay loyal for points. Stay Loyal because the brand values your dollar on each cruise, because if they do then that is benefit enough and the perks will come. It took us 18 years to reach Pinnacle, and along the way we had some amazing experiences and made lots of new friends, for us that is the perk of regular cruising.

Sorry, but the benefits of pinnacle are demonstrably better than D+ in the newer ships. Access to an open bar (beer, wine, soda, bottled water) from 11-11 in the suite lounge. Access to CK for any meal. That alone is hundreds or more in value. Free internet is 100 for a week and is free to them. But the biggest to me is the SL/ck. It is a huge perk and I can tell you they know it and use it a lot.

Sorry, but the benefits of pinnacle are demonstrably better than D+ in the newer ships. Access to an open bar (beer, wine, soda, bottled water) from 11-11 in the suite lounge. Access to CK for any meal. That alone is hundreds or more in value. Free internet is 100 for a week and is free to them. But the biggest to me is the SL/ck. It is a huge perk and I can tell you they know it and use it a lot.

Internet FREE to Sky/Star Class as well. Either they treat the P’s like Suite Guests or they treat the Suite Guest like P’s???

Even with open bar and cocktail hour drinks we still get the drink packages. One stop is Labadee so Package carries over to the island. It’s a PIA to run up to Deck 17 just to get a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Internet FREE to Sky/Star Class as well. Either they treat the P’s like Suite Guests or they treat the Suite Guest like P’s???

Pinnacle benefits are almost exactly the same as Sky Class benefits. That is why I said in an earlier post that C&A benefits are targeted by marketing at middle income cruisers who cannot afford or have difficulty affording full suites. If they cruise fairly frequently and are 100% "loyal to Royal" (the goal of the marketing department), then they can (eventually) have the benefits of Sky Class while occupying a relatively inexpensive cabin. Of course, Royal Caribbean does not guarantee that Pinnacle perks will not change or that the 700-point requirement will not change, so it is a gamble.

Even with open bar and cocktail hour drinks we still get the drink packages. One stop is Labadee so Package carries over to the island. It’s a PIA to run up to Deck 17 just to get a beer.

Suite guests don't even get the D+ benefits, they do not have three drinks on their seapass card and on ships without a suite lounge either pay for drinks at the bar or endure the chaos of the CL. They also do not get the specialty restaurant BOGO. Pinnacles have a wonderful luncheon with senior officers that suite guests don't get. Pinnacles are treated much better.

Suite guests don't even get the D+ benefits, they do not have three drinks on their seapass card and on ships without a suite lounge either pay for drinks at the bar or endure the chaos of the CL. They also do not get the specialty restaurant BOGO. Pinnacles have a wonderful luncheon with senior officers that suite guests don't get. Pinnacles are treated much better.

My post was in reference to the SL/CK on Oasis Class having open bar from 11-11 (beer and wine).

We’ve been invited to many of the lunches and events with Pinnacle. On Freedom Presidents Cruise, we shared several functions with P’s. The P’s did have a private function we were not invited to.

As far a BOGO. I have negotiated BOGO or nearly BOGO Speciality Dining on almost all cruisers we have gone on. Just need to be a little flexible on day/time.