RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Since they are now combining the D+ with the D Lounge, what's the incentive to make D+ -- basically a free bag of laundry??? :rolleyes:

BOGO specialty restaurant. $25 more balcony discount. Bottle of wine (or other personalized amenity). Behind the scenes tours. Meal with an officer (340 points). 150% single supplement (340 points).

I am guessing that since you have not attained Diamond level, you may be talking about the Concierge Lounge (or Suites Lounge) for suites guests? Not the Diamond Lounge for those that have made it to that level?

Well it does get confusing to the old as well as the new. As an Elite transfer from Celebrity I had CL access on my first RCI cruise. Then thrown out of there and into the Diamond Event (wine and peanuts [maybe if you were lucky]). Then Diamond Lounges appeared (was Freedom the first?). Now thinking that DL might have preceded DE. Then some ships but not all started calling it the Diamond Club (or at least that was what the sign said, don’t remember anyone actually calling it that). Then I made D+ and back to the CL (loved lunch in the Oasis CL with wine and beer). Then the CL vanishes from many ships and back to the now packed to the gills DL. I probably missed some iterations in there. No wonder people are confused. But I’ll accept my free drink with s tip to the server (and extra if he remembers without asking) as long as it lasts 😊

For those of you wanting access to the Suite Lounge..... we just boarded Harmony and went up to the SL for a beer and make our Speciality Dinning Reservations and guess what. I counted at least 12 under school age children. About a thirds were climbing the chairs. Lots of young families. I don’t let the screaming kids bother me but I’m sure some would have a real issue. Already met some very nice people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For those of you wanting access to the Suite Lounge..... we just boarded Harmony and went up to the SL for a beer and make our Speciality Dinning Reservations and guess what. I counted at least 12 under school age children. About a thirds were climbing the chairs. Lots of young families. I don’t let the screaming kids bother me but I’m sure some would have a real issue. Already met some very nice people.

Welcome to the tail end of Spring Break. We sail next week on Sunday on the Oasis and hoping it's all over. They don't bother us either but the sheer number during spring break can be a challenge sometimes..We were on the Oasis during Presidents holiday and there were quite a few youngsters in the SL the first day or two BUT then they find their way to more kid happy places.:D

Welcome to the tail end of Spring Break. We sail next week on Sunday on the Oasis and hoping it's all over. They don't bother us either but the sheer number during spring break can be a challenge sometimes..We were on the Oasis during Presidents holiday and there were quite a few youngsters in the SL the first day or two BUT then they find their way to more kid happy places.:D

These kids were not School age kids.

A little plus sign next to your D. ;p:')

Yeah, feel the same way. This is actually starting to push me more towards the smaller ships (which I prefer anyway) that still have CL/DL to have status quo.

Wish we had a smaller ship option that does 7 or more nights out of PC.

I am of the same opinion and will look at booking ships that still have the CL option.

Speaking of stories, I no longer see the DL295 flight to Tokyo - what happened?
Where are you looking? Today’s flight is on Delta.com. I’m still seeing the diverted flight on flightsware complete with graph which if I am correct shows it going supersconic😳 and then landing in one piece.

That’s generally been my experience in CK/SL. Even during dinner. Very loud and “kiddish” lol.

Repair failed. Booked thru Shanghai now, arrive Singapore 5am Monday.

Hopefully

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

When does the ship leave? :o:confused: Oh never mind...I see it leaves at 7 pm? Yikes...poor John, cutting it so close and now jet lagging on the day of. Poop happens I guess, hope all works out and you end up with a fantabulous cruise! :)

At least they have your favorite beer to keep you happy today! :)

Edited by island lady

All those same kids that had President's Day week off also have next week off, both of those weeks are vacation weeks for most of the New England states and some of the mid-Atlantic states.

I am of the same opinion and will look at booking ships that still have the CL option.

I peaked in at DL on Deck 4. Just a little bigger that the CL on Freedom. In the dungeon my lady said.

Knowing you and the need for the Lounges, two of them, and with a view, I suggest Radiance and Vision Class for you. We wouldn’t want to hang in the DL on Harmony.

When does the ship leave? :o:confused: Oh never mind...I see it leaves at 7 pm? Yikes...poor John, cutting it so close and now jet lagging on the day of. Poop happens I guess, hope all works out and you end up with a fantabulous cruise! :)

At least they have your favorite beer to keep you happy today! :)

Yes they do. On plane now, signing off soon. Silent 14 hours it seems

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app