Ice Cream availability

My kids are very concerned with the ability to get ice cream whenever they want it ;) What are the hours for the free soft serve?

The soft serve served on the ships and ice cream are two entirely different things. The soft serve is basically a frozen desert product containing no dairy products whatsoever. So if your kids want ice cream, it will be available, but definitely not whenever they want it.

Real ice cream is available in the main dining room for lunch and dinner. It is available in the Windjammer every night at dinner, open until about 9 or 9:30 PM, varies by ship. Ben and Jerry's has ice cream for pay usually mid-morning to late.

Got excited for a second when I read it "contains no dairy products whatsoever." I thought they might have a yummy frozen treat I am not allergic to. Then I clicked the link above which has photos of the frozen dessert ingredients list, lots of dairy! Not safe for anyone with dairy allergies.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The soft serve served on the ships and ice cream are two entirely different things. The soft serve is basically a frozen desert product containing no dairy products whatsoever. So if your kids want ice cream, it will be available, but definitely not whenever they want it.

Even though soft serve does have added products in it I'm pretty sure it does have Dairy in it. I worked as Rest MGR 20-35 yrs ago and some places I worked soft was Frozen Yogurt, Burger King it was one of highest food costs, but all places I worked it was a Dairy product. Good thing to know if sensitive or allergic to Dairy products...

Are they allowed to get ice cream whenever they want it at home?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The OP has a winking emoji. Have a sense of humour. I also have kids, and although they are adults, I still call them kids and yes, my college athlete can eat ice cream whenever he wants.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Forums mobile app

Are they allowed to get ice cream whenever they want it at home?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The rule on a cruise is that you can have a much ice cream and dessert as they want, but that’s not the case at home. Lighten up it’s vacation

Is any soft serve machine real ice cream? We thought it was pretty good for soft serve. They had strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, and sometimes swirl. It was actually pretty creamy, and didn't have the icy texture that some soft serves have. They had scooped ice cream at the buffet every evening also. Because after dinner in the dining room, your kids need cookies and a sundae.

I'm pretty sure everyone understands it's not "real ice cream" since the original post said "soft serve." The idea of being able to go get an ice cream (or soft serve) all day every day is a big deal with a kid on vacation, and we're debating the ingredients??

I'm pretty sure everyone understands it's not "real ice cream" since the original post said "soft serve." The idea of being able to go get an ice cream (or soft serve) all day every day is a big deal with a kid on vacation, and we're debating the ingredients??

Even worse, no-one has bothered to definitively answer the OP's question. :rolleyes:

(Alas, I can't, since I've not been on Harmony or a sister ship in the class.)

Topics on here expand, sometimes get hijacked, at least this thread we are still talking about ice cream...

The OP has a winking emoji. Have a sense of humour. I also have kids, and although they are adults, I still call them kids and yes, my college athlete can eat ice cream whenever he wants.

Thanks. My girls are 21, 16, and 13. We cruised this past summer and one of their favorite things was a sisters only trip to the sushi bar and ice cream at midnight :)

Thanks. My girls are 21, 16, and 13. We cruised this past summer and one of their favorite things was a sisters only trip to the sushi bar and ice cream at midnight :)

Man, we're on Adventure in May and hope to find late night free ice cream. I have 2 daughters and they love the late night ice cream also. The big "kid" in our group would be the one underneath the soft serve letting it fall directly in his mouth of allowed:) And, yes, we do have ice cream available 24/7 at our house. Stock the freezer same as the other necessities (milk, bread, etc) each week !