End of an era- no more Hot Glass Show

81dollar

No great loss to me. Frankly the entire lawn club needs to be rethought. It's a real waste of space. Maybe they could do an apmed up version of cabanas for rent. I would gladly pay a premium for a little more comfortable and spacious seating with premium service.

The Solstice has the cabana's that can be rented. I didn't see one person actually rent one on my last cruise (and I was up on the lawn a lot)...

good start..now they can move on to removing the library and the other wasted spaces above/below that like the game area...put in more pay restaurants on each of those levels....

Well on Solstice during the holidays there were hardly any books at all and a sign saying it was being revamped... didn't see any sign of that or anything changing. Probably getting rid of it as one less thing to keep clean :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what they are replacing the Corning hlHot Glass with.

Interesting

We’re just (and I mean just - one hour) off the Eclipse with an extremely talented group of young artists , Tom Ryder,Jarod Rosenacker and Jeremy Shrivermunch (sp?) who we spent hours watching make many beautiful creations.

I can’t imagine spending any time at all watching my fellow passengers make paperweights.

Oh well.......,☹️☹️☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We’re just (and I mean just - one hour) off the Eclipse with an extremely talented group of young artists , Tom Ryder,Jarod Rosenacker and Jeremy Shrivermunch (sp?) who we spent hours watching make many beautiful creations.

I can’t imagine spending any time at all watching my fellow passengers make paperweights.

Oh well.......,☹️☹️☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, the equivalent of getting rid of talented singers in the theatre and replacing them with a Karaoke machine - and charging guests to sing on the stage.

Yes, the equivalent of getting rid of talented singers in the theatre and replacing them with a Karaoke machine - and charging guests to sing on the stage.

They turned a non revenue producing area into a revenuing producing area.

Well on Solstice during the holidays there were hardly any books at all and a sign saying it was being revamped... didn't see any sign of that or anything changing. Probably getting rid of it as one less thing to keep clean :rolleyes:

Let us hope that more comfortable seating is installed. The venue itself is not comfortable and many leave. Sitting or standing for so long doesn't work for many, especially those with bad backs.

Let us hope that more comfortable seating is installed. The venue itself is not comfortable and many leave. Sitting or standing for so long doesn't work for many, especially those with bad backs.

Cruise a holic - LILYJULES post was referring to the library, not the Hot Glass Show.

And the seating, comfortable or not, will no longer be an issue.

I can't imagine anyone (other than maybe a relative) staying to watch another passenger make a paperweight.

I'm just waiting for them to announce pay for view shows. Only a matter of time.

We have suggested a few other revenue enhancing measures. Charge for using the elevators (with an exemption for those truly handicapped). A stiff fee for using the tenders (those not wanting to pay can simply swim ashore...but will have to pay a fee to use the required BCD (Buoyancy Control Device). Water meters for all cabins that automatically add water charges to your onboard account. Special cabin thermostats that charge a fee for lowering the cabin temperature below 85 degrees f.

As to food, the only free food will henceforth be gruel. All other items will have an add-on price. Once Princess Cruise Lines have worked out their "Ocean Medallion" problems....Celebrity will adopt a similar electronic medallion. It will automatically charge you for each food item based on sterile microchips inserted in the food. Corkage fees will be increased to $100 a bottle...and even applied to bottled water.

Hank

We have suggested a few other revenue enhancing measures. Charge for using the elevators (with an exemption for those truly handicapped). A stiff fee for using the tenders (those not wanting to pay can simply swim ashore...but will have to pay a fee to use the required BCD (Buoyancy Control Device). Water meters for all cabins that automatically add water charges to your onboard account. Special cabin thermostats that charge a fee for lowering the cabin temperature below 85 degrees f.

As to food, the only free food will henceforth be gruel. All other items will have an add-on price. Once Princess Cruise Lines have worked out their "Ocean Medallion" problems....Celebrity will adopt a similar electronic medallion. It will automatically charge you for each food item based on sterile microchips inserted in the food. Corkage fees will be increased to $100 a bottle...and even applied to bottled water.

Hank

Several of these items, such as lifeboat charge, could be rolled into Suite benefits and Celebrity could simply raise the base price of Suites to more than cover the cost. This would increase the bottom line even more. Naturally some passengers might believe that they are getting a "free" benefit if they book a Suite.

Several of these items, such as lifeboat charge, could be rolled into Suite benefits and Celebrity could simply raise the base price of Suites to more than cover the cost. This would increase the bottom line even more. Naturally some passengers might believe that they are getting a "free" benefit if they book a Suite.

No different than the people booking ocean views and balconys thinking they are getting free alcohol, internet, or obc.

On Solstice now and went to the Corning Hot Glass Show this morning. It was very enjoyable. There was no discussion of it closing or changing and no signs anywhere discussing changes. Seemed business as usual. I will try to catch one of the glassblowers later in the cruise and get their thoughts on what's going on.

On Solstice now and went to the Corning Hot Glass Show this morning. It was very enjoyable. There was no discussion of it closing or changing and no signs anywhere discussing changes. Seemed business as usual. I will try to catch one of the glassblowers later in the cruise and get their thoughts on what's going on.

Sure I read on here somewhere that it’s been confirmed by celebrity that it’s changing on the solstice around June 1st,

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got off the Equinox last Saturday (03/03) Hollywood hot glass is now on board. I went by one day to see what was going on and a passenger was being taught to make a glass piece. Also in the daily program there was a notice that several officers were going to be there on a specific day/time for the "grand opening". I can't remember what they called it so that's my term. It was happening on a beautiful sea day and I didn't want to give up my lounger to go check it out.

We just got off the Equinox last Saturday (03/03) Hollywood hot glass is now on board. I went by one day to see what was going on and a passenger was being taught to make a glass piece. Also in the daily program there was a notice that several officers were going to be there on a specific day/time for the "grand opening". I can't remember what they called it so that's my term. It was happening on a beautiful sea day and I didn't want to give up my lounger to go check it out.

Do you know what the costs were?