Chic Night Dress Code

ldubs

I've never seen anyone kicked out of the MDR in the evening but saw the Maitre d on our 2016 Eclipse Caribbean cruise stop and quietly say something to a father and young son (maybe 10y/o) at the entrance of the MDR on casual night for wearing shorts. I didn't hear the conversation but they did an about-face and left. I saw both of them about 10 minutes later walk in the MDR wearing long pants.

Agree, never saw anyone thrown out but have seen people turned away as you said. People not dressed properly in the dining room does occur but none of us don't know the reason. ie: luggage lost For someone to say they don't have a dress code anymore is definitely not accurate.

Agree, never saw anyone thrown out but have seen people turned away as you said. People not dressed properly in the dining room does occur but none of us don't know the reason. ie: luggage lost For someone to say they don't have a dress code anymore is definitely not accurate.

Agree. I always cringe when I read someone claim that here on CC.

DW is looking forward to chic nights in March. So much so that she made me buy a decent black suit. I have to be laid out in something I guess.:halo:

I would certainly appreciate your new suit. On our transatlantic on the Refection we did dress for dinner especially on chic nights, however most people went from sloppy to sloppier. Didn’t see shorts in the MDR but saw them everywhere else.

At least they didn't go with 'Snappy Casual' which was what we were told was the suggested dress code to a party we were once invited to. What the heck is THAT?!!!

It's easier for me - I just wear something I bought at Chico's ha ha.

I would certainly appreciate your new suit. On our transatlantic on the Refection we did dress for dinner especially on chic nights, however most people went from sloppy to sloppier. Didn’t see shorts in the MDR but saw them everywhere else.

MDR is the only place on the ship the dress code applies...

At least they didn't go with 'Snappy Casual' which was what we were told was the suggested dress code to a party we were once invited to. What the heck is THAT?!!!

It's easier for me - I just wear something I bought at Chico's ha ha.

DW gets 2 Christmas gift cards from me every year. One from Coach and one from Chico's. She used both to get ready for our March cruise.

We were invited to a wedding recently that was held in a barn. The very fancy, engraved invitation had the dress for the occasion listed at the bottom as "Rustic Chic"....no one knew what that meant!

Tommy Bahama coveralls, Timberland clodhoppers and a splash of Eau du Guernsey?

So Evening Chic for men says: "Pants or designer jeans". This is in contrast to casual nights which says: "Pants or jeans".

Just off the Summit and here is the description of Evening Chic from their daily. My husband has a pair of black jeans that look very much like black slacks. He wore them every night in Luminae.

34j6v86.jpg

Just off the Summit and here is the description of Evening Chic from their daily. My husband has a pair of black jeans that look very much like black slacks. He wore them every night in Luminae.

34j6v86.jpg

We had a lengthy thread on the wording in those dailies. The item about the long sleeve shirts is against Celebrity's written dress code on the web site and is certainly not enforced on the Equinox.

I thought laundry took two days to come back. What did he do on the other days?

Cruisers wearing shorts on Chic night have had no problem entering the dining room on Equinox this cruise. Sure there is a dress code but there is no enforcement on this ship. Getting served at Cafe al Bacio in bathing attire and bare feet is not a problem either.