Diamond lounge access how do they check?

kiska

On Majesty last month, they did asked to see our cards in the diamond EVENT AREA. Of course, that is just a portion of the Viking crown lounge, not a dedicated room. I don’t believe they took our cards for swiping. Perhaps the close scrutiny is there is often no one “Official“ standing at the side event area entrances-there is just a sign. It is very simple for anyone to walk through that area. In fact, if you enter the area from the center stairs, there is no indication that it is a private event.

I’m sure the lovely appetizer display is appealing to many, even those who might not realize it is a private event. I don’t fault others for walking into the diamond event area on majesty, especially if there was no one or novsign near the center stairs indicating that it is a private event. The few times I have been there they have never run out of food or any other supplies.

M

Was on board for the 1/19 cruise just before MJ went into dry dock (where she is right now for a total of 37 days).

Shane (LA) and several officers were at the doors as you came off the elevator checking cards. The stairwell was roped off closed. The entire VCL was set up for the D and up/suites event.

Then at 6 pm, (when it cleared out for first seating) they left and just installed the signs on each side of the entrance.

The waiters were never checking or swiping cards. But then again they knew us anyway, so not sure if they were asking others.

We had two happy-tiser buffets set up. Ran out of plates and napkins several times.

On Majesty last month, they did asked to see our cards in the diamond EVENT AREA. Of course, that is just a portion of the Viking crown lounge, not a dedicated room. I don’t believe they took our cards for swiping. Perhaps the close scrutiny is there is often no one “Official“ standing at the side event area entrances-there is just a sign. It is very simple for anyone to walk through that area. In fact, if you enter the area from the center stairs, there is no indication that it is a private event.

I’m sure the lovely appetizer display is appealing to many, even those who might not realize it is a private event. I don’t fault others for walking into the diamond event area on majesty, especially if there was no one or novsign near the center stairs indicating that it is a private event. The few times I have been there they have never run out of food or any other supplies.

M

Before making Diamond, on MJ, we mistakenly entered the sacred grounds of the “Event” in the VCL. We were going for the view. We didn’t notice any signs. We sat down and shorty after a roving bartender asked us what we were drinking? We told him, he then asked for our cards. Immediately he told us this was a private event and would need to leave. So we got up and left. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Because we tip every drink the waiters are on the ball and i would be kicked out in no time lol.

I was just teasing John about the "three drinks your done" limit. ;)

Yes, we tip dollar a drink for every drink...and indeed we do pack a bundle of dollar bills for each cruise. :D

I was just teasing John about the "three drinks your done" limit. ;)

Yes, we tip dollar a drink for every drink...and indeed we do pack a bundle of dollar bills for each cruise. :D

Its not easy to get many $1 bills in the UK so i go to GS a few times to get single dollars.

You don’t convert Pounds to Dollars for your cruise?

For a 7 night European cruise i bring at least $200 for extra tips on top of prepaying tips when booking our cruise.

I can get $50,$20,$10,$5 easily but single dollars are harder to get more than 40.

For a 7 night European cruise i bring at least $200 for extra tips on top of prepaying tips when booking our cruise.

I can get $50,$20,$10,$5 easily but single dollars are harder to get more than 40.

So your currency is in US $ (Dollars) and not Pounds? I thought the UK used Pounds.

So your currency is in US $ (Dollars) and not Pounds? I thought the UK used Pounds.

?. £ sterling is our currency in the UK.

We carry several hundred Euros in cash for Europe cruises and credit cards and $200 for tips on RC because the crew prefer dollars..

On P&O £sterling is the onboard currency so we bring extra pounds with us when sailing P&O.

?. £ sterling is our currency in the UK.

We carry several hundred Euros in cash for Europe cruises and credit cards and $200 for tips on RC because the crew prefer dollars..

On P&O £sterling is the onboard currency so we bring extra pounds with us when sailing P&O.

Well to get the $200 US, didn’t you have to exchange your Pounds Sterling?

I was just trying to think of an easier way to get your $1 than waiting at GS.

I could give the crew Pounds or Euros but as they prefer dollars its not a problem to buy them at foreign exchange at my TA and if i run short of single dollars for room service,bar waiters etc, if it is quiet at guest services they are happy to exchange large dollar denominations for single dollars when i say it is for crew tips.

I could give the crew Pounds or Euros but as they prefer dollars its not a problem to buy them at foreign exchange at my TA and if i run short of single dollars for room service,bar waiters etc, if it is quiet at guest services they are happy to exchange large dollar denominations for single dollars when i say it is for crew tips.

Ok. I misunderstood. I thought you said you went to GS to get $1. I didn’t understand that you were bringing them with you.

Ok. I misunderstood. I thought you said you went to GS to get $1. I didn’t understand that you were bringing them with you.

Yes, when i am on a RC ship i will bring at least $200 for a 7 night cruise on top of prepaying our tips to thank the hard working crew with additional cash tips.

I was just trying to think of an easier way to get your $1 than waiting at GS.

Change bureau don't always have a big stash of single dollar bills when getting currency in UK - they usually want to give a range of notes