Emotional support animal - peacock

Safety Squirrel

Now I have seen everything. On NBCnews.com there is a story of a woman being denied on a United Airlines Flight leaving Newark Liberty International Airport to bring her "emotional support peacock" on the plane. Apparently she paid for an additional seat on the airplane. According to the article -- she had been told that the 'emotional support peacock' did not meet the standards of weight etc.

Could you just imagine sitting next to, across from, in front of or in back of the peacock:eek:

What in the world are we coming to.

Hopefully Celebrity and all cruise lines start to think about what are real emotional support animals and develop some guidelines. Some people do need emotional support animals, i.e. Post tramatic stress disorder, etc. - BUT these idiots like this person make it difficult for people who need support animals as well as true service dogs.

Kudos to Delta Airlines for developing a policy and for United Airlines for refusing to let the person board the airplane.

Celebrity -- it is time to please make a policy regarding emotional support animals -- AND STICK TO THE POLICY and not let people board the ship, taking their animal in a carriage to the dining room and throughout the ship.

Have you seen NBC ratings? The news got it backwards. The peacock was an NBC executive. After seeing it’s ratings, it needed the person as the emotional support animal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peacock was named Dexter, rescued by some nutty artist from New York.

Whatever is the world coming too, next they will be aying I can take dear MiL on a plane (with the necessary precautions - muzzle, strapped down, sedated).

Have you seen NBC ratings? The news got it backwards. The peacock was an NBC executive. After seeing it’s ratings, it needed the person as the emotional support animal.

Where is my "like" button, It must be here somewhere :D:D:D:D?

Aw .. dang it !

All this complaining about emotional support animals ... and the next thing ya know ... I won't be able to bring my pet Honey Badger !!

honey-badger.jpg

By the way ... his name is Dexter too !! We should introduce them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ROTFLMAO!!!!! But seriously, why a peacock they're so ill tempered.

Now I have seen everything. On NBCnews.com there is a story of a woman being denied on a United Airlines Flight leaving Newark Liberty International Airport to bring her "emotional support peacock" on the plane. Apparently she paid for an additional seat on the airplane. According to the article -- she had been told that the 'emotional support peacock' did not meet the standards of weight etc.

Could you just imagine sitting next to, across from, in front of or in back of the peacock:eek:

What in the world are we coming to.

Hopefully Celebrity and all cruise lines start to think about what are real emotional support animals and develop some guidelines. Some people do need emotional support animals, i.e. Post tramatic stress disorder, etc. - BUT these idiots like this person make it difficult for people who need support animals as well as true service dogs.

Kudos to Delta Airlines for developing a policy and for United Airlines for refusing to let the person board the airplane.

Celebrity -- it is time to please make a policy regarding emotional support animals -- AND STICK TO THE POLICY and not let people board the ship, taking their animal in a carriage to the dining room and throughout the ship.

"Therapy" animals should be banned on cruises, period!! You can't cope? Then stay home!! As to service animals, I'm fine with them on cruises under only & I mean only if they have proper documentation. I don't give a crap about the ADA & it's stupid regulations! It's those regulations that give the phonies out there carte blank to fraudulently use their damn pets to get away with this garbage. We don't allow them on our premises without some form of proper documentation. We simply say: "If you wish to file a complaint feel free, however know that we will prosecute you to the fullest extent by law for fraudulent use of your animal". Obviously anyone blind is not included. The only response we've ever gotten is "Well, I'll take my dog to a more dog friendly place"

Aw .. dang it !

All this complaining about emotional support animals ... and the next thing ya know ... I won't be able to bring my pet Honey Badger !!

honey-badger.jpg

By the way ... his name is Dexter too !! We should introduce them.

If homeowners could train Honey Badgers like guard dogs, I think home burglaries would drop about 95%. That's one animal I'd not want to P/O!

"Therapy" animals should be banned on cruises, period!! You can't cope? Then stay home!!

So veterans suffering from PTSD and others having a requirement for a legitimate therapy animal shouldn't be allowed to cruise? Who else? Those in wheelchairs because they can't cope without one? Any other groups you don't want to see aboard your cruises?

"Therapy" animals should be banned on cruises, period!! You can't cope? Then stay home!! As to service animals, I'm fine with them on cruises under only & I mean only if they have proper documentation. I don't give a crap about the ADA & it's stupid regulations! It's those regulations that give the phonies out there carte blank to fraudulently use their damn pets to get away with this garbage. We don't allow them on our premises without some form of proper documentation. We simply say: "If you wish to file a complaint feel free, however know that we will prosecute you to the fullest extent by law for fraudulent use of your animal". Obviously anyone blind is not included. The only response we've ever gotten is "Well, I'll take my dog to a more dog friendly place"

I agree with you completely.

However, I would like to point out that "Therapy" and "Emotion Support" animals are NOT in any way considered service animals and are NOT included in the ADA regulations. The ADA regulations do NOT apply to someone's "Emotion Support", "Comfort", or "Therapy" critters. ADA regulations ONLY apply to actual service animals for the blind or some other physical handicap.

It's a common misconception that we "must allow these animals because of Federal ADA regulations". We don't need to do allow "Emotion Support", "Comfort", or "Therapy" animals at all.

(of course ... as always ... many states laws have added to and removed from ADA rules)

-- Don

So veterans suffering from PTSD and others having a requirement for a legitimate therapy animal shouldn't be allowed to cruise? Who else? Those in wheelchairs because they can't cope without one? Any other groups you don't want to see aboard your cruises?

Actually that's why I like Delta's new policy. It doesn't ban legitimate emotional support animals. It just no longer gives people a free emotional support animal pass (spend $20 and get a emotional animal certificate from some guy online).

Instead it says that since emotional support animals ARE NOT covered by the ADA, you have to (2 days in advance) be able to show that

• proof of an animal’s training and vaccinations
  • proof that the animal is medically necessary

Actually that's why I like Delta's new policy. It doesn't ban legitimate emotional support animals. It just no longer gives people a free emotional support animal pass (spend $20 and get a emotional animal certificate from some guy online).

Instead it says that since emotional support animals ARE NOT covered by the ADA, you have to (2 days in advance) be able to show that

• proof of an animal’s training and vaccinations
  • proof that the animal is medically necessary

I agree, that sounds like a reasonable approach.

I agree with you completely.

However, I would like to point out that "Therapy" and "Emotion Support" animals are NOT in any way considered service animals and are NOT included in the ADA regulations. The ADA regulations do NOT apply to someone's "Emotion Support", "Comfort", or "Therapy" critters. ADA regulations ONLY apply to actual service animals for the blind or some other physical handicap.

It's a common misconception that we "must allow these animals because of Federal ADA regulations". We don't need to do allow "Emotion Support", "Comfort", or "Therapy" animals at all.

(of course ... as always ... many states laws have added to and removed from ADA rules)

-- Don

But we're talking about a ship - what state laws might apply to something floating around outside the 3 mile line? I've got a deaf friend with a service dog - a black lab - very gentle - wouldn't have a problem with him on a cruise. On the other hand, another friend was prescribed a yappy little terrier for therapy after his wife died - annoying little s*** - barks, bites - him I'd have a problem with. I'll admit, for me it's not so much service vs therapy as real dog vs little yappy s***. :rolleyes:

But we're talking about a ship - what state laws might apply to something floating around outside the 3 mile line? I've got a deaf friend with a service dog - a black lab - very gentle - wouldn't have a problem with him on a cruise. On the other hand, another friend was prescribed a yappy little terrier for therapy after his wife died - annoying little s*** - barks, bites - him I'd have a problem with. I'll admit, for me it's not so much service vs therapy as real dog vs little yappy s***. :rolleyes:

The "yappy little critter" would not be able to qualify as a "service animal" until he is able keep his little barker shut !