Emotional support animal - peacock

Safety Squirrel

"Therapy" animals should be banned on cruises, period!! You can't cope? Then stay home!! As to service animals, I'm fine with them on cruises under only & I mean only if they have proper documentation. I don't give a crap about the ADA & it's stupid regulations! It's those regulations that give the phonies out there carte blank to fraudulently use their damn pets to get away with this garbage. We don't allow them on our premises without some form of proper documentation. We simply say: "If you wish to file a complaint feel free, however know that we will prosecute you to the fullest extent by law for fraudulent use of your animal". Obviously anyone blind is not included. The only response we've ever gotten is "Well, I'll take my dog to a more dog friendly place"

The ADA strictly forbids asking for documentation, if you don't allow them on your premises without documentation you are leaving yourself open to a big lawsuit which you will most definitely lose. Blind people are not the only people who have service dogs.

The ADA strictly forbids asking for documentation, if you don't allow them on your premises without documentation you are leaving yourself open to a big lawsuit which you will most definitely lose. Blind people are not the only people who have service dogs.

The ADA protection is only provided for service animals but NOT for emotional support, therapy, comfort, or companion animals

To determine if an animal is a service animal you may ask

(1) is the dog a service animal required because of a disability? and

(2) what work or task has the dog been trained to perform?

The ADA protection is only provided for service animals but NOT for emotional support, therapy, comfort, or companion animals

To determine if an animal is a service animal you may ask

(1) is the dog a service animal required because of a disability? and

(2) what work or task has the dog been trained to perform?

Aware of everything you stated, it is all in the Justice Dept document I provided in post #26.

For those of you who've never encountered one, in person -- peacocks are LOUD! They had them roaming the campus, at the rural college that my son attended. We went up for a parent's weekend, and stayed in one of the dorms. Scheduled events started fairly early in the morning, and I was worried about over-sleeping. I shouldn't have been -- the peacock outside our window was louder than any rooster I've ever heard! :eek:

An emotional support animal might be cheaper than boarding / kennelling fees. There was a program on Heathrow in the UK last night and they said that it can be half the price to take your pet as an emotional support animal in the cabin on an aircraft c.w. Putting it in the hold

Personally I would rather sit next to the peacock than the person who needs it for support. What I object to is the fact that the airlines charge us to check a bag but all you need is a Doctor’s note to board with a zoo animal for free. Not in this case but definitely other cases. I need my luggage for emotional support. I’m going to get a note.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sarcasm Alert!

My Harley provides me with comfort and emotional support - ever see a Harley parked outside a psychiatrist's office?

I would love to take it on a cruise and be able to enjoy it in some of the ports. It won't fit through my cabin door, but I could just park it in the corridor or the elevator lobby with the other mobility devices that the cruise lines allow there. (Snarky comment alert)

Sarcasm Alert!

My Harley provides me with comfort and emotional support - ever see a Harley parked outside a psychiatrist's office?

I would love to take it on a cruise and be able to enjoy it in some of the ports. It won't fit through my cabin door, but I could just park it in the corridor or the elevator lobby with the other mobility devices that the cruise lines allow there. (Snarky comment alert)

Actually, there ARE Harley cruises! One such was our southern Caribbean cruise on the Eclipse a year ago. A group of riders brought their bikes and toured every port we visited. There were about 15 or 20 bikes on board. I didn't see where they were stored while at sea.

I think I should be allowed to take my "emotional support" elephant with me. He is gentle, wouldn't hurt a flea and is great transportation for me when I get to a port. There is no need to worry about packing since he has his own trunk with him all the time....;)

Phil...floridacruisers

Sarcasm Alert!

Don’t get me started on mobility devices parked in the hallways grrrrrrr:mad:

On a happier topic, there is a group (sorry, don’t recall the name) that takes their bikes on specific Celebrity cruises. You wouldn’t be able to keep your comfort Harley in your cabin or the hallway, but it would be safely stowed somewhere until you reached a port at which you could ride off the ship with your group;-)

On a happier topic, there is a group (sorry, don’t recall the name) that takes their bikes on specific Celebrity cruises. You wouldn’t be able to keep your comfort Harley in your cabin or the hallway, but it would be safely stowed somewhere until you reached a port at which you could ride off the ship with your group;-)

There is also a group with mobility scooters that should ride with that group too!

I think I should be allowed to take my "emotional support" elephant with me. He is gentle, wouldn't hurt a flea and is great transportation for me when I get to a port. There is no need to worry about packing since he has his own trunk with him all the time....;)

Phil...floridacruisers

Elephant....trunk....HAHA ;p

I remember one cruise where there was a ‘support dog’. It was pushed around in a pram and had different outfits for each day...including a tux. [emoji849][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was on that cruise, was in a baby buggy, another passenger thought it was a child until I said ,well that child is wagging its tail.

I believe the mommy was in the Royal suite, maybe that had something to do with seeing it in the ocean view every day , why not have a policy keeping the dog in the suite? Money

As someone who has used one in stores where long distances are involved, don't get me started on how dumb some people can be when they encounter these scooters.

It came to mind on one of my cruises, myself and hubby were the only ones in the elevator. Door opens here comes this 4 wheel scooter..I literally have to squeeze in the corner by the buttons, while hubby was squeezed on the other side. No room for anyone else. So our floor comes, NOW this person on the scooter has to back out because there was no way to get around it, WE get the dirty look for "inconveniencing" her

It came to mind on one of my cruises, myself and hubby were the only ones in the elevator. Door opens here comes this 4 wheel scooter..I literally have to squeeze in the corner by the buttons, while hubby was squeezed on the other side. No room for anyone else. So our floor comes, NOW this person on the scooter has to back out because there was no way to get around it, WE get the dirty look for "inconveniencing" her

Why should people who use scooters be different from other people? Some people using scooters or not are very polite. Some people are rude and obnoxious. It's behavior, not the fact they they use a scooter. On a side note I am finding more rude behavior on recent Celebrity cruises than I've noticed in the past.

I believe there is such a group on our Silhouette cruise March 11.

Why should people who use scooters be different from other people? Some people using scooters or not are very polite. Some people are rude and obnoxious. It's behavior, not the fact they they use a scooter. On a side note I am finding more rude behavior on recent Celebrity cruises than I've noticed in the past.

The scooter drivers should at least keep the fact that they’re driving a potential weapon in mind. At 5’7” & 120 lbs (pre-cruise lol) I can squeeze into tight spaces, but I’ve had a scooter driver nearly pin me to the elevator wall! On the other hand, I’ve seen unruly hordes rudely push past a person on a scooter who had been patiently awaiting the elevator. I prefer the stairs, but a foot strain prior to a recent cruise forced me to use elevators some of the time. I now truly feel empathy for people who must always use elevators because many people refuse to recognize the existence of a queue.

Classic. Perhaps she would have preferred you to clamber over her so she wouldn’t be required to back out? :rolleyes:

Sarcasm Alert!

I was on a Celebrity Caribbean cruise a few years ago with a motorcycle group aboard. I talked to one of them and he said that it was a package deal--price included storage for cycles. We were up on a hill in one port and watched them roar out of the ship. Very Cool!!

That's true, but it's easy to spot the fakes. Some states are (FINALLY)criminalizing some of the fakers out there & trust me, guy, I'll take the chance. If a person comes in with a tiny dog(especially one in a baby carriage)Are you dumb enough to feel it's legit?? I mean really?? I ask the following(which IS allowed)"What task does your animal provide?" If it's a therapy animal, NO ENTRANCE,period! If it's a animal in a stroller, again no entrance. The animal HAS to have a proper "Service Animal" vest. If it looks fake, they get the boot. If they refuse to answer the "What task does your animal provide?" question with hostility, they again are not allowed in. I'm sick of people & likely sympathizers such as yourself who likely help promote fraudulent acts by pet owners masquerading their pets as legit service animals.

I remember one cruise where there was a ‘support dog’. It was pushed around in a pram and had different outfits for each day...including a tux. [emoji849][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

NOT a legit service dog!