Addding Luxurfy to Neptune Suites.

sail7seas

That suite picture above is very similar to the two different RCI Diamond longes that we have frequented. You don't have to be in a suite, insides are fine. It is based on your combined cruising history with Celebrity, RCI, and I would assume Azamarra. We are elite on Celebrity so that made us Diamond on RCI.

There is a consierge on duty, specialty coffee available all day gratis, continental breakfast, lunch, and appetizers in the evening. Open bar from 5-8. You can use those bar privileges at any bar/lounge on the ship since they are also loaded on to your room key. We would have breakfast here I very day. Nice and quiet. fresh squeezed juices in the AM.

And oh, if you book a balcony, as we usually do, there is a $200 discount on the cabin.

Plus wonderful views. The two that we have frequented were forward,high up, floor to ceiling glass walls, and a small patio.

You are correct. The Diamond Lounge is a mirror image of the suites Concierge Lounge, on the opposite side of the Viking Crown Lounge. That's another good thing about many RCI ships. Two nearly identical lounges with the same perks; one for suites and the other for high their loyalty members.

Then there's Oasis Class. Have you seen the suites lounge there? They changed the game with this one. It also includes a suites only restaurant (Coastal Kitchen).

enhance

You are correct. The Diamond Lounge is a mirror image of the suites Concierge Lounge, on the opposite side of the Viking Crown Lounge. That's another good thing about many RCI ships. Two nearly identical lounges with the same perks; one for suites and the other for high their loyalty members.

Then there's Oasis Class. Have you seen the suites lounge there? They changed the game with this one. It also includes a suites only restaurant (Coastal Kitchen).

enhance

they might have changed the game, but that sure isn't exciting to me. Those chairs look very uncomfortable to me. Of course, they might not want you to stay there long ;)

Yes, those Diamond Lounges are terrible. They only had three varieties of red wine to select from.

Seats were awful, very uncomfortable. So much so that at times there was SRO only.

Really though, the seating and the decor varies. Two constants though...they are very comfortable and the sea views are great.

Seriously though we do not select RCI because of this. But if we happen to be on an RCI we tend to go to this lounge for breakfast and often a light lunch. What we like is that the lounge is open to all regardless of what cabin was purchased.

Edited by iancal

I don't want to derail this thread, nor go too far off topic, but I can't ignore the kind thoughts of those who have welcomed me back to posting. Thank you.

I have been recovering from surgery, and although able to read have not had the energy to post.

So now not only am I back, but also this thread can get back to the topic at hand. :)

I don't want to derail this thread, nor go too far off topic, but I can't ignore the kind thoughts of those who have welcomed me back to posting. Thank you.

I have been recovering from surgery, and although able to read have not had the energy to post.

So now not only am I back, but also this thread can get back to the topic at hand. :)

Welcome back Ruth! I have missed seeing your kind and helpful comments as well. Also thanks for getting this thread back on topic! :)

• 1 month later...
We have never been in a Neptune Suite before but that will change next weekend. I booked a guarantee Neptune and was assigned an SA directly across from the Neptune lounge. Needless to say we are really excited. Too bad it's only a 7 day cruise. :D

How was your Neptune e xperience? Did it meet your expectations?

Free minibar

Butler Service

Free drinks, at happy hour, in the Neptune

Better furniture and pads on the Balcony

Better wine/champagne on first day

Better wine/champagne for Suite party

Better wifi

One Included Dinner in specialty restaurant

Better handling of issues when things go bump in the night

What you describe above is exactly what you receive when you book a MSC Yacht Club suite (and I’m assuming at a lower price). We recently sailed the new Seaside in the YC and enjoyed it very much. I’ve never cruised in a Neptune Suite so I cant compare, but I’m just saying there are other options.

I would like to see all the finishes upgraded. Better quality bed linens and towels. Comfortable cabin furniture - that oversized angled couch that is in many suites is the most uncomfortable thing you can sit on. Better quality balcony furniture ...
I'm with you on this. Cabin furnishings shouldn't look like basic hotel hard goods. And nicer veranda furnishings, as others have noted.

You've been gone? :D Happy you feel better now, Ruth!

Thanks, Jim. It's like playing Whack-A-Mole with joint pain---knock it down in one place, and it pops up somewhere else.

It's getting old (as am I). ;)

I have read this post from stem to stern, so to speak. I have found it interesting from my perspective which is of someone who has never sailed in a NS. I admit to a small tinge of desire for the space but space alone does not make a good cabin in my opinion.

Now for context, we have always sailed as a family of 4 and NS are not conducive to a family. To pay the 3/4 charges for a sofa bed that would have to be shared by two younger children or worse, mom and dad was a deal breaker.

But, again in my opinion, HAL designers are not forward thinkers. Improvements in quality/look/functionality of hard and soft goods should be apparent in every cabin classification. That is just expected. Hotels do it in their club floors.

Our last cruise had an organized cabin crawl. I always love this type of activity as it allows me to see other categories and make decisions based on my needs. What I didn’t expect was seeing a lesser cabin category having nicer soft furnishings that we did in our quad cabin. Now this is slightly off thread topic but I think it fits at what Sail is getting at. I don’t intent to put words in her mouth, but I know how I felt when I saw that lesser cabin category looking so much nicer than ours. I would expect NS to be much nicer than ours.

We surmised that HAL reasoned that quads were high use areas but we also pay more and to see missing draperies, sofa cushions, etc just rubbed us the wrong way.

I won’t get into how HAL designs cabins as it makes no sense. For example, to put the Pullman bed perpendicularly over the head of the main bed is just dumb. To put a pull out sofa bed that blocks the access to the veranda is also inexplicable. It should be a sofa bed that flips over with the Pullman over it like on Princess and Disney.

Back in the "day" when we cruised multiple times per year for work, we stayed in Neptune Suites exclusively on HAL. We also stayed in the Celebrity suites on Celebrity and Princess suite (I forget the name) and a suite on the Paul Gauguin and suites on the RCCL...again, I forget the name. In my very subjective opinion, the only suite that the Neptune Suite outdid was the Paul Gauguin... mainly because of size.

I like the bathroom layout and dressing area in the Neptune Suite, but don't care much for the layout in the room itself. Except for the Amsterdam--the layout in the Amsterdam is unique and makes the space more usable--at least for me. Bottom line, for a suite to "feel" like a suite to me, I want a dining table and separate bed and sitting area. I know. Nobody ever said i was easy to please ... but I do know what I like;p

We always gave the wine back and got bottled water to replace.

I liked having a butler on Celebrity; I didn't use the lounge staff much on HAL, though I intend to explore that service on my next trip in PS :D

You've been gone? :D Happy you feel better now, Ruth!

Happy you are recovering, Ruth, and glad you are back. Follow doctors' orders. they really do know best. :)

Welcome Back.,

There are always lay people who believe they are much better at professional work than the professionals. I've never noted an example when that was actually the case.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Back in the "day" when we cruised multiple times per year for work, we stayed in Neptune Suites exclusively on HAL. We also stayed in the Celebrity suites on Celebrity and Princess suite (I forget the name) and a suite on the Paul Gauguin and suites on the RCCL...again, I forget the name. In my very subjective opinion, the only suite that the Neptune Suite outdid was the Paul Gauguin... mainly because of size.

I like the bathroom layout and dressing area in the Neptune Suite, but don't care much for the layout in the room itself. Except for the Amsterdam--the layout in the Amsterdam is unique and makes the space more usable--at least for me. Bottom line, for a suite to "feel" like a suite to me, I want a dining table and separate bed and sitting area. I know. Nobody ever said i was easy to please ... but I do know what I like;p

I have stayed a number of times in Neptune Suites on Amsterdam and h her sister Rotterdam and do not know what you meran ab out them having uniuqe l layout . WHAt do you think make ghem unique from Negtunes on tgther "S" an d "R" class ships? Based on my expeience in those Suites, I would s say they are thesame. I am always in a p;ort side mid ship Nep;tune. WHAT do you mean you think they are diffcerent lay out?[

We always gave the wine back and got bottled water to replace.

I liked having a butler on Celebrity; I didn't use the lounge staff much on HAL, though I intend to explore that service on my next trip in PS :D

I had butlers onvarious Celebrity cruises tipped them to tay away and leave us alone. they were more nuisance than help. they c called and knocked on the door. I wanted no part of them.

However when had PS on NCL< i liked the butler and he was not in the least annoying as were the ones on Celebrity.

Maybe that was just a p[ersonaltiy thing or a 'd ifference in 'culture' of one company vs. another.

Edited by sail7seas

I have stayed a number of times in Neptune Suites on Amsterdam and h her sister Rotterdam and do not know what you meran ab out them having uniuqe l layout . WHAt do you think make ghem unique from Negtunes on tgther "S" an d "R" class ships? Based on my expeience in those Suites, I would s say they are thesame. I am always in a p;ort side mid ship Nep;tune. WHAT do you mean you think they are diffcerent lay out?

We were on the MS Amsterdam to Hawaii, and--as I recall--there was a sitting desk in the room that no other NS ever had on any other ship. I recall because I do fabric art, and the desk was PERFECT! Right under a light and with a great view through the glass doors :halo: On every other HAL Neptune Suite, I had to leave the room to set myself up to weave.

We were on the MS Amsterdam to Hawaii, and--as I recall--there was a sitting desk in the room that no other NS ever had on any other ship. I recall because I do fabric art, and the desk was PERFECT! Right under a light and with a great view through the glass doors :halo: On every other HAL Neptune Suite, I had to leave the room to set myself up to weave.

You mean facing the veranda.? Other shps have that. :)

enhance

WHOA This is too pink and too busy for my tatse. . I could not stay in that space more than 10 minutes. :)

:) Which RCI ship is hat? Oasis?

WHOA This is too pink and too busy for my tatse. . I could not stay in that space more than 10 minutes. :)

:) Which RCI ship is hat? Oasis?

Yes, that's Oasis. The Concierge Lounges on RCI aren't the same on all RCI ships though. This one's on Quantum.

enhance

We have not been in the Diamond Lounge on all of the RCI ships. The ones we have been in all have one thing in common.

High up, a wall of windows, and fabulous views. At least one had an small outside patio with a few tables and chairs. The view, the sense of openness is one of it's attractions to us.

Just saw this post now, wishing you a speedy recovery Ruth!! And welcome back!!:)