Are shrimps making a comeback- windjammer?

mcatmcat

Hello

I was in the freedom of the seas and for my surprise I saw shrimps every single night at the windjammer. The last time I saw shrimps cocktails every single night was 5-6 yrs old. I was wondering if shrimps are back fleet wide or if I was lucky in that

sailing.

bBEoOx

bBEoOx

on the last night of my EN cruise in January, they had peel and eat shrimp. I didn't look at the hot bar to see if they had deep fried shrimp. I had already eaten an early dinner at MTD and I had gone to WJ looking for dessert. The shrimp ended up being my dessert!

The Freedom had lobster on the last night buffet at windjammer on both our last BTB cruises in Nov./Dec. They were split in half and served on large trays on rear serving area . First time I have ever seen lobster on night Buffet was on Oasis in Nov. in windjammer and had trays of lobster and steam shrimp. Bob

How can you find out ahead of time what is being offered for dinner in WJ? I'd rather just do the WJ and get my food immediately if they have premium stuff like Prime Rub and Lobster. Multiply that by 100 if it's Formal Night in the MDR. My wife hates formal night and suffers through it so I can eat the premium stuff that we thought we could only get in the MDR.

How can you find out ahead of time what is being offered for dinner in WJ? I'd rather just do the WJ and get my food immediately if they have premium stuff like Prime Rub and Lobster. Multiply that by 100 if it's Formal Night in the MDR. My wife hates formal night and suffers through it so I can eat the premium stuff that we thought we could only get in the MDR.

I don't think there is a way other than to do a loop through and see what is on offer. Perhaps you could do that before getting ready for dinner to avoid the formal night prep?

I don't think there is a way other than to do a loop through and see what is on offer. Perhaps you could do that before getting ready for dinner to avoid the formal night prep?

Definitely. Just about anything to avoid all that hoopla.

They had a sign in Windjammer on Majesty advertising the Seafood Buffet. Can't remember if it was the same day or day before. That is how we learned about it.

Princess has lobster on the buffet, why not Royal?

We saw lobster tail on the buffet on a fall B2B oasis cruise. We also sailed the oasis in December and January and had it on the January cruise but not the December cruise. In December I asked the Windjammer manager about lobster, and he told me they never serve it in the windjammer. Of course it was there the following week.

We also do see cold shrimp in the windjammer.

M