What is the next ethnic theme restaurant you'd like to see?

LMaxwell

What is the next ethnic theme restaurant you'd like to see?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What is the next ethnic theme restaurant you'd like to see?

Authentic Thai and Malaysian.

Off all the comments, I would go with this one. It's something I rarely if ever encounter and that's what I want on my cruise experience. I live in the rural south and know real southern food. I'd like to teach the chefs how to cook grits. If they can learn that I could have more hope on other southern things.

Not an ethic restaurant but a melting pot would be great! Fondue and yes they can use electric heaters to warm the cheese, vegetable or chocolate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ah, fondue, I never thought of that. That would be awesome!

Yes indeedy!

In the past, Carnival's Deli (free, 11am - 11pm) has had a passable pastrami and other deli sandwiches, but I have yet to try it since they've made some of the sandwiches pre-made.

I'd love to see a Mongolian stir-fry (or Japanese hibachi) eatery. Preferably free/included, like Carnival's is. (I note the original question specified only "ethnic," and not specialty or added-fee.)

YES! Love the Mongolian stir-fry suggestion!!! Celebrity does it periodically in the Oceanview Café.

I think the biggest issue would be convincing people to try actual, authentic food, not some Americanized version that everyone is used to.

I have the same issue. In fact on 2 counts. Authenticity putting some people off but the bigger problem of a themed restaurant being a million miles away from being authentic.

How about a partnership with Hofbrau haus? They have them spread out across the US so I bet it could be done. What a great cruise concept. It would be a blast to do a casual dinner with huge pretzels, good beers, schnitzel, fun music, etc.

Just stepping foot in the Hofbrau haus puts a big smile on one’s face and the bench seating concept is conducive to meeting new friends.

Yes!

I think that cruise ships in general would benefit by having more Asian and Asian inspired choices on ships. Personally, living in PA closer to many vibrant Asian culinary communities, I love being able to have authentic Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, Filipino, Indonesian and Korean cuisine. I would pick those over some lack luster pizza any day. KBBQ, Pho, and Biryani FTW!!

Vote for Thai and/or Filipino

Not a type but a strictly vegan/gluten free restaurant.

I'm not vegan but I would agree with you - a small restaurant with stricter food controls which caters for this growing market.

I wouldn't use it (I don't think) but would appeal to many.

• 1 month later...
That would be great, except it would have to be Chicago pizza.:D

You can't compare Chicago style deep-dish pizza with New York pizza! Two different animals! Do you know how to tell if it's good New York pizza? If you fold a slice lengthwise and it still flops over, that's good New York pizza! Try doing that with Chicago pizza!

Elvis

You can't compare Chicago style deep-dish pizza with New York pizza! Two different animals! Do you know how to tell if it's good New York pizza? If you fold a slice lengthwise and it still flops over, that's good New York pizza! Try doing that with Chicago pizza!

Elvis

Who said deep dish?

Another vote for a Jewish-style deli!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

Hot pastrami on fresh crusty rye bread, deli mustard, sour pickles (not the vinegary kind), coleslaw, home made potato salad and an ice cold Dr. Brown's cream soda. Maybe some apple strudel for dessert? Yup that would do it for me.