7-Day Drink Package

My fiancé and I have our honeymoon cruise booked on the Oasis. She’s not a huge drinker but I enjoy it a bit more. We used to get one deluxe package and one beer/wine package, sadly that no longer is an option.

At almost $800 for both of us to get the package, it costs more than one of us to cruise. Is it worth it? I’m struggling to think well actually drink that much especially with 3 of those days in port cities. Thoughts? Tips? Advice?

My fiancé and I have our honeymoon cruise booked on the Oasis. She’s not a huge drinker but I enjoy it a bit more. We used to get one deluxe package and one beer/wine package, sadly that no longer is an option.

At almost $800 for both of us to get the package, it costs more than one of us to cruise. Is it worth it? I’m struggling to think well actually drink that much especially with 3 of those days in port cities. Thoughts? Tips? Advice?

It is not mandatory that any package be purchased.

2018 will be the end of alcohol packages unless the company wake up really fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been cruising for awhile and they seem more popular than ever, what is the basis for thinking this? My sense is they're doing it the way they do because they can.

My sense is the end of unlimited drink packages will come eventually, however only likely after a number of drinking related incidents hit the media, K2g6s9 no of similar to how McD's had to stop super-sizing after it was causing image problems in the media.

We never buy drink packages. Are you Diamond where you can enjoy free happy hour?

I've been cruising for awhile and they seem more popular than ever, what is the basis for thinking this? My sense is they're doing it the way they do because they can.

My sense is the end of unlimited drink packages will come eventually, however only likely after a number of drinking related incidents hit the media, K2g6s9 no of similar to how McD's had to stop super-sizing after it was causing image problems in the media.

They are selling to 100% of customers the drinks packages in the UK because they call them free drinks packages but the cruise price has increased significantly to cover the cost of the free?? drinks packages.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

How did you only order the drink package for one? Ive called a few times and have been told you cannot do that.

If you call RC directly and tell them your fiance does not drink they should allow her to purchase the beverage package (not just soda, but the next one up) while you order the deluxe beverage package.

If you call RC directly and tell them your fiance does not drink they should allow her to purchase the beverage package (not just soda, but the next one up) while you order the deluxe beverage package.

If you order for your fiancee ahead of time online (either soda or refreshment), then when you call, it makes it easier. We did this for us, as I am getting the refreshment, while my wife is getting deluxe.

You can see the Rum Runner thread for other options. Alternatively, they do sell 10-drink cards that reduce the per drink price somewhat, as well as buckets of beers. We went with the 10-drink card on my last cruise because there was no way to justify $850 of drinking for us. It did change the way we drank, basically one drink each for the last 5 nights of our cruise. When we had the package, the attitude was more like hey let's get our money's worth. It just feels different to me to walk on the ship with all the drinking paid for vs per drink charges. I just don't want to run the bill up. I also never buy anything on board at the shops, or any upcharge dining options. We did do a couple of the drink specials in addition, no using punches on your drink card for that by the way.

For the record, I am aware that I can just not get the drink package and that is most likely what we’ll do at this point. However, I was trying to gauge from more experienced cruisers if they’ve found it worth it or not.

I like the 10 drink card, I haven’t heard of that before, will definitely look into it. My fiancé does drink, just not enough to justify, she has a glass of wine with dinner and a beer on the beach. Whereas, I like to have a rum punch in my hands whenever I can hehe :) and I think that’s where the package is nice. You don’t have to worry or think about it, it’s just done ahead of time and your bill isn’t always on your mind.

I think if I can call and get her the refresh package and me the deluxe it would be more likely that we get a package of some sort. Still a lot of money though.

For the record, I am aware that I can just not get the drink package and that is most likely what we’ll do at this point. However, I was trying to gauge from more experienced cruisers if they’ve found it worth it or not.

I like the 10 drink card, I haven’t heard of that before, will definitely look into it. My fiancé does drink, just not enough to justify, she has a glass of wine with dinner and a beer on the beach. Whereas, I like to have a rum punch in my hands whenever I can hehe :) and I think that’s where the package is nice. You don’t have to worry or think about it, it’s just done ahead of time and your bill isn’t always on your mind.

I think if I can call and get her the refresh package and me the deluxe it would be more likely that we get a package of some sort. Still a lot of money though.

I believe it’s well worth it although not sure if my belief is strictly financial, I like the fresh squeezed OJ , specially coffeee with a shot of bailey , plus some wine a after dinner shot and a few other throughout the day

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you can tamp down your desire for rum punch for three days, the drink cards will probably appear on Day 4. :D

My reply on drink package threads are two things.....

1. Don't forget about bottled water. It's $2.50 a bottled and we go through a lot every day. Keep a stash in the cabin for bedside, excursions, etc. If you are buying water, it adds up fast.

2. When you do an analysis, it is really only a few bucks your saving, at least it is for us. If you do like a few drinks or beers, it adds up quickly. We like the "don't have to worry about it" aspect of things too. We're all paid up. If we want a drink, we have a drink, and don't worry about how much we're spending on liquor for 7-8 days.

It's different for everyone, I realize, but for us the deluxe package is worth the cost, especially considering the two things above.

Enjoy your cruise.