Huge brawl on the Legend, with video.

Thorncroft

That's it, I had enough of this lack of security. I wont cruise with Carnival again,,,Untill Dec.2018.....:p

If your going on a cruise and are so worried about the security, maybe you should stay on dry-land. Believe it or not, they know what their doing.... Carry on

Are you not concerned about your safety and security on a cruise? Seems very odd not to be. I have 3 currently booked and paid for coming up. But that doesn't mean it's not a concern.

God forbid cruise ships are never targeted, but there is no mistaking they are relative soft targets hence the suggestion security should be taken more seriously.

Are you not concerned about your safety and security on a cruise? Seems very odd not to be. I have 3 currently booked and paid for coming up. But that doesn't mean it's not a concern.

God forbid cruise ships are never targeted, but there is no mistaking they are relative soft targets hence the suggestion security should be taken more seriously.

NO, im not concerned about my safety, and never was. I may be a little different, but I have faith in the security on all these ships. This one occurance will NOT change my mind at all. They finally got these idiots off the ship, just like they were suppose to. Maybe not in the timely manner, but they still did what they had to do. Total over reaction..imo

Carnival management should be ashamed of their offer of a 25% discount for a future cruise after allowing this disruption to go on for days and not immediately heading toward land to turn these hooligans over to authorities. Accounts from several passengers said they were afraid to leave their cabins which indicates they did not get the services that they had paid for. Therefore, 25% refund of their current fare for what will likely be applied toward the FULL PRICE for a future cruise is insulting.

For those of you who love Carnival, keep going on their cruises.

For the rest of us, we will abstain and give you lots more room on the ship, You all will likely not miss us so have fun on the FUN SHIPS

It sounds to me that the cruisers on this ship endured this nonsense for more than 25% of their trip.

I'm curious how you came to this conclusion that they have such a lack of training? Cruise ship security guards actually do have extensive training and some cruise lines even send them to FBI courses. One step further, security officers are typically required to have a military background. I've even provided defensive tactics training aboard cruise ships and was pleasantly surprised how well they did.

He might be able to justify those kicks if the guy he was kicking had the other guy in a choke hold, but there are much better tactics to combat something like that.

I only came to that conclusion when a law enforcement professional posted on this thread that he could see from the video the security team had little training.

The behavior of these passengers is outrageous. Not only should have been kicked off (which they were) but they should never be allowed to cruise again. Just like a "no fly" list, there should be a "no cruise" list.

I am shocked by the comments on this board attacking the security more than the drunk animals fighting. It may have been against policy but I would not care if security beat them with a stick. It reminds me when a suspect runs over people, crashes into innocent people, tries to outrun the police and when he gets arrested the police are a little rough on him. People attack the police instead of the idiot who almost killed people with his antics. It really tells a lot about society today. Everyone being distracted by the "shiny object" instead of noticing and taking issue what is really happening.

Security on cruise ships are not police. They really are public servant employees. They probably assist passengers with simple tasks every day that have nothing to do with security. To put them up against these thugs is outrageous.

The behavior of these passengers is outrageous. Not only should have been kicked off (which they were) but they should never be allowed to cruise again. Just like a "no fly" list, there should be a "no cruise" list.

I am shocked by the comments on this board attacking the security more than the drunk animals fighting. It may have been against policy but I would not care if security beat them with a stick. It reminds me when a suspect runs over people, crashes into innocent people, tries to outrun the police and when he gets arrested the police are a little rough on him. People attack the police instead of the idiot who almost killed people with his antics. It really tells a lot about society today. Everyone being distracted by the "shiny object" instead of noticing and taking issue what is really happening.

Security on cruise ships are not police. They really are public servant employees. They probably assist passengers with simple tasks every day that have nothing to do with security. To put them up against these thugs is outrageous.

Well said! Some posters do NOT have a clue.

the old and the new:

the old:

bob

kathy lee

24 hr pizza

waiter's singing hot hot hot

the new:

gerry (ok not so new, but this had to start some where)

brawls in the halls

dirty, stinking ships

guy fieri

New company tag line: "Get your kicks on Carnival" or "Kick off your vacation on the fun ship."

I'll have to keep working on those.

Carnival has released a statement that their security team on the ship did not follow Carnival standards which is an understatement from what the videos show. It indeed was a very bad situation but that does not excuse security from not following corporate rules of engagement. I imagine they are looking at being released from their contracts.

As for the disruly family, I would expect that Carnival has black listed them from any future cruises on Carnival but also perhaps Carnival Corporation's other cruise lines. I certainly would not want them on any cruise I am a pax.

I saw the video again this morning on national news. Carnival has a major public relations disaster on their hands that will most likely impact their bottom line. I take my family on cruises to have fun and be safe. This video and the Legend's dealing with the problem makes me question going on Carnival again as it has done countless others. It is time for Carnival to step up and show that their ships are safe.

NO, im not concerned about my safety, and never was. I may be a little different, but I have faith in the security on all these ships. This one occurance will NOT change my mind at all. They finally got these idiots off the ship, just like they were suppose to. Maybe not in the timely manner, but they still did what they had to do. Total over reaction..imo

I am concerned because there are folks commenting this thread who have experience in law enforcement or defensive tactics who say this was handled all wrong. And the ONE occurrence could have gone a hundred different directions. While I think all are glad not more damage to individuals was done and they were removed, what would your story be if they did *gasp* follow through with their threats to throw someone overboard. What if someone died or needed to be hospitalized as a result of these attacks? Would you be concerned then?

Yeah, timely manner is important. If you tout a "ZERO TOLERANCE" policy but then allow these folks to commit assault multiple times before throwing them off on DAY 9 of a 10 DAY cruise, then you don't have much of a ZERO TOLERANCE policy in my book.

Carnival dropped the ball on this....big time. (n)

I don’t see a lot of adrenaline involved. Quite a bit of random cheap kicks. The most adrenaline involved was the security guy who threw his arm back and was about to punch a woman in the face. He dropped his arm before continuing further. I believe other staff around him told him not to or he saw the phone recording. The officer with the Indian accent trying to stop the filming in between his cheap kicks had a good amount of adrenaline response to try to cover his butt.

So, you 'don't see a lot of adrenaline involved', and you came to this conclusion by watching a few snippets of video? You have a gift.....lol.

Carnival management should be ashamed of their offer of a 25% discount for a future cruise after allowing this disruption to go on for days and not immediately heading toward land to turn these hooligans over to authorities. Accounts from several passengers said they were afraid to leave their cabins which indicates they did not get the services that they had paid for. Therefore, 25% refund of their current fare for what will likely be applied toward the FULL PRICE for a future cruise is insulting.

For those of you who love Carnival, keep going on their cruises.

For the rest of us, we will abstain and give you lots more room on the ship, You all will likely not miss us so have fun on the FUN SHIPS

I was also very disappointed to read about this. First, 25% is not very much for what the passengers had to endure. 2nd, it only applies to a future cruise. I would not consider that good customer service.

Carnival has a major public relations disaster on their hands

Haven't they for the past several years now?

I'm convinced that the only people cruising Carnival are the people that have been cruising them for decades. Just imagine - if you were young with a family and you were trying to decide on your first family vacation, and you have no prior cruising experience, would you really choose Carnival after all of the stuff thats been in the media in recent years?

I am concerned because there are folks commenting this thread who have experience in law enforcement or defensive tactics who say this was handled all wrong. And the ONE occurrence could have gone a hundred different directions. While I think all are glad not more damage to individuals was done and they were removed, what would your story be if they did *gasp* follow through with their threats to throw someone overboard. What if someone died or needed to be hospitalized as a result of these attacks? Would you be concerned then?

Yeah, timely manner is important. If you tout a "ZERO TOLERANCE" policy but then allow these folks to commit assault multiple times before throwing them off on DAY 9 of a 10 DAY cruise, then you don't have much of a ZERO TOLERANCE policy in my book.

From the looks of it I would of suspected multiple passengers/family would of complained to guest services about this disruptive family. It is ashamed that it took an outbreak to happen before anything dramatic was done. Guest services and security should of acted much earlier if multiple passengers where afraid of this family since they didn't want to leave their cabins or avoided this group once they saw them near pools or around the ship in fear of them. I'm sorry I wouldn't have a fun trip if they threatened to "watch my back" or throw me overboard.

I 100% agree. Plus there's the issue of Round 2, where passengers get punched out and slapped around by crew, trying to take away recording devices. They can take such property if you sneak into a private or sensitive part of the ship, like the engine room or the bridge, but not the public areas. We're dealing with assault & battery and obstruction of justice here.

We're not planning to sail Carnival again, for reasons I won't go into here. However this whole incident has me 2nd guessing how much business I want to give HAL, Princess, and Costa, moving forward.

I'm convinced that the only people cruising Carnival are the people that have been cruising them for decades. Just imagine - if you were young with a family and you were trying to decide on your first family vacation, and you have no prior cruising experience, would you really choose Carnival after all of the stuff thats been in the media in recent years?

Well on my 3 Carnival cruises last year, 50% were blue card holders so you can toss that theory out of the door. And as bad as the media can be, they don’t come close to blowing up a story like this forum does, including this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're not planning to sail Carnival again, for reasons I won't go into here. However this whole incident has me 2nd guessing how much business I want to give HAL, Princess, and Costa, moving forward.

So what are you doing still participating on a Carnival forum?

Sounds like you weren't going to sail Carnival again anyway ... and now 2nd guessing 3 of the corps other brands - good reason for lots of upcoming drama.

My guess if that if the general public (the vast majority of whom are non-CC members) see it on their TV they'll pretty much write it off as an isolated incident on a ship in far off Australia. It's not the end of the line for Carnival.:confused:

That's it, I had enough of this lack of security. I wont cruise with Carnival again,,,Untill Dec.2018.....:p

If your going on a cruise and are so worried about the security, maybe you should stay on dry-land. Believe it or not, they know what their doing.... Carry on

(y)

I am shocked by the comments on this board attacking the security more than the drunk animals fighting.

You do make a good point and I apologize if I was feeding that sentiment. Believe me, I've always believed in placing blame at the root of a problem, not the after effects. It's just natural for me to focus on enforcement methods because I'm a long-time defensive tactics instructor and one thing I preach is optics due to our cell phone recording society.

(y) Like I said earlier ...What surprises me on this board is the guy who has another passenger in a potentially fatal head lock and won't let go is being refered to as the "victim" who gets kicked - rather than the poor person he's attacking. If he'd let go of his victim there would have never been the issue of him getting kicked.:eek:

the behavior of these passengers is outrageous. Not only should have been kicked off (which they were) but they should never be allowed to cruise again. Just like a "no fly" list, there should be a "no cruise" list.

I am shocked by the comments on this board attacking the security more than the drunk animals fighting. It may have been against policy but i would not care if security beat them with a stick. It reminds me when a suspect runs over people, crashes into innocent people, tries to outrun the police and when he gets arrested the police are a little rough on him. People attack the police instead of the idiot who almost killed people with his antics. It really tells a lot about society today. Everyone being distracted by the "shiny object" instead of noticing and taking issue what is really happening.

like!

So what are you doing still participating on a Carnival forum?

It seems like the most appropriate place to discuss the matter, and there is no requrement to have an upcoming cruise booked, to learn and get to the bottom of all this. Besides, If I tried to discuss this under let's say, "Scuba and Snorkeling", the mods would just transfer it back here anyways.

Would you go to a NASA forum, and ask people what they're doing there, if they're not joining the astronauts into space? NASA has cheerleaders and critics alike.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor