Huge brawl on the Legend, with video.

Thorncroft

So happy for the haters . This incident gives you a chance to insult Carnival and it's customers. :(

Israel Defense Force - i.e. Israeli military i.e. mess with them and they will mess you up.
Yes and no . Like all good security personnel the object is to deal with issues efficiently, with the least amount of force needed. Once the target is subdued ,there is no "messing up".

That means idiots quickly finding themselves on the ground but without unnecessary kicking .

Family-A bunch of unruly drunk idiots! ..how did they get that way? Well your honor we served them!

Security- Aww hell ,I am embarrassed as a security professional! That was pathetic and scary!

No further comment needed!

Carnival-screwed, let the lawsuits begin! ---So how many times did your security staff and a guy in whites kick this man while he was on the floor?

Edited by Reader0108598

CCL is trading right now at $69.50; high today was $69.89, both well below the 52-week high of $72.70.

Market is down all over. Carnival stock was trading at $50ish a year ago. Pretty good showing despite all the 'negative' publicities being thrown around by a few pot disturbers with hidden agenda.

I am concerned because there are folks commenting this thread who have experience in law enforcement or defensive tactics who say this was handled all wrong. And the ONE occurrence could have gone a hundred different directions. While I think all are glad not more damage to individuals was done and they were removed, what would your story be if they did *gasp* follow through with their threats to throw someone overboard. What if someone died or needed to be hospitalized as a result of these attacks? Would you be concerned then?

Yeah, timely manner is important. If you tout a "ZERO TOLERANCE" policy but then allow these folks to commit assault multiple times before throwing them off on DAY 9 of a 10 DAY cruise, then you don't have much of a ZERO TOLERANCE policy in my book.

Carnival dropped the ball on this....big time. (n)

Very well said. I agree with your position 100%. I am a CCL stockholder and am very concerned about how this bumbled incident will negatively affect their stock (at least in the short-term). They have a major PR problem that needs to be addressed in a much more timely and effective manner.

If I truly wasn't going to be frequenting a business anymore then belaboring the point becomes trolling.

A troll goes after someone's character and tries to make them angry or put them on defense. I hope that's not how you feel, because a brand should never become that close to our identity. I'm with everyone here who's shocked, wants change, and feels for those passengers.

Time for a rebrand. I would suggest splitting off the existing ships to create two different name brands. Keep a few for the younger folks and the ones who want to party until they die under one brand. Create a second brand more upscale than Carnival, but not as formal as Princess. Right now they have too many ships under one brand where the reputation of it has been tarnished over the past few years. Realistically, it can't be fixed without a major restructuring going forward.

Even Carnival admits they did not handle the situation properly. They are not making excuses for their security (which I respect)...so why are others making excuses for them?

The security people are the fall guys here. Easy to blame and sack I suspect. Ignoring the bigger issues. Like failure to do something earlier and their pathetic compensation offer. As if these people would ever travel with Carnival, maybe even cruise, again.

Australia is in the midst of a booming cruise market and I can state that new cruisers or those who had doubts about cruising ARE making this a big deal in Australia travel forums.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not on Holland America my friend.;)

In 2015, on Holland Nieuw Amsterdam, a woman was raped by a crew member and almost thrown over board!

How about some other incidents/charges, on other cruise lines,,,,

Feb. 2018 P&O fight breaks out between 7 people forcing ship back to port! (Sydney)

Feb. 2018 RCL sexual assault on a minor.

Jan 11 NCL sexual assault on a child by crew member.

Jan 8 NCL drug arrests.

Jan 1 RCL assault, stabbing.

Jan 1 NCL passenger arrested.

I could list hundreds more for the years previous, seems like it includes every cruise line, 'yea even the expensive ones', and it runs from petty theft, fighting, to child rape, and even murder!:eek:

So lets chill out, what happened doesn't just happen on cruise ships, it can, and does happen all the time, around us! There are a lot of sick people out there!:eek:

But that being said, you gotta live, can't hide from the world, we'll be cruising this weekend!:D:D

"They were told for three days, they've now attacked three different people, why don't you either get rid of them or lock them in the cells?" she said.

“We’ve all made several complaints, saying kids were scared,” Bolitho said. “The captain said, ‘What do you want me to do about it — throw them overboard?’ ”

I think that I have read every post in this thread and I'm yet to see anyone comment on the captains lack of authority in preventing this incident from happening. According to several newspaper reports the crew, and I assume, the captain, knew that there were several "unruly" guests from a particular group causing trouble. His response of "What do you want me to do about it — throw them overboard?” should have been met with - No lock them in their cabins. Strong decisive action would have prevented this situation from ever occurring, the captain failed his duty of care to both the passengers and his crew.

I think that I have read every post in this thread and I'm yet to see anyone comment on the captains lack of authority in preventing this incident from happening.

I thought the same thing until some time passed. You see the Captain walking away from the brawl. He may well of known that onboard security was inadequate to handle the threat that this family caused. Not his fault that the security provided onboard was poor. He just was dealing with the hand he was dealt. The blame goes up into corporate level.

Well, the Barkhos are lawerying up and are disputing the events that took place. They will supposedly release their own statement later.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5405103/Barkho-family-Carnival-Cruise-fight.html

But of course, David Barkho's sweet, innocent, angel family members couldn't have done this:

I'm dying to see what their statement says.

I'd like to see the statement to, something is fishy here. A member of the family was the one who beg for the federal police to be called. I can't imagination brawls that went on for several days to be all one sided. None of this story so far sound right to me

I'd like to see the statement to, something is fishy here. A member of the family was the one who beg for the federal police to be called. I can't imagination brawls that went on for several days to be all one sided. None of this story so far sound right to me

Call planned ahead of time and purposely recorded to make it look like the family were the victims? Looks that way to me.

Very well said. I agree with your position 100%. I am a CCL stockholder and am very concerned about how this bumbled incident will negatively affect their stock (at least in the short-term). They have a major PR problem that needs to be addressed in a much more timely and effective manner.

Are you planning on selling your shares tomorrow?

I guess if people decide not to cruise with Carnival it will be easier for us that love Carnival to get a cabin

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You could get half the ship. Would be pretty lonely but quiet. Might not be much love left anymore.

Call planned ahead of time and purposely recorded to make it look like the family were the victims? Looks that way to me.

Yeah, kinda what I was thinking. If it was the "family" that initiated the call, then what better way to shift blame then by portraying yourselves as the victims.

So the notion that rich people are better than most of the "peons" that cruise carnival just got blown out of the water :):)

Yeah, kinda what I was thinking. If it was the "family" that initiated the call, then what better way to shift blame then by portraying yourselves as the victims.

that sounds really far fetched tho. I think I'll give the person who called a relative crying begging for them to call the federal police the benefit of doubt that they needed help, not think it's part of some elaborate plan to flip blame.