EZair flight time changed - no notification from Princess

Sandi07054

I just checked with United for a flight out of Newark to Seattle on June 8. It is scheduled on my Princess itinerary as 11:30 am. United said it was changed to 11:10. Why wasn’t I notified by Princess? And EZAir recommends flights 11:30 am forward. Is this normal?I’m getting nervous now about using EZair. Tried to call Princess today but they are closed

Thanks for your feedback

First, your flight is 3 months away.

Second, you must take responsibility for monitoring your flights. Never count on the airline, or in this case, essentially your TA, to monitor your flight.

Literally, 5 minutes ago, I was doing my twice a week check on the 3 sets of flights we have booked for this year.

Take a deep breath and relax! :) You're worried about twenty minutes? Last Fall Delta changed my EZ air by 3 hours, 12:30 p.m. to 9:30 a.m.! Ship was coming back from Europe to Ft. L., I really had to hustle, get through passport control but made it with 20 minutes to spare at the gate. It happens, Delta informed me of the change, not Princess.

The same thing happened to us last month.

Thought we had an 8 30 flight to west coast got to airport and found out it was moved to 7 30.

Nothing from anyone about flight changes (we have always been notified in the past) but learned a good lesson and we did make our flight.

Our flight for this coming July also changed and it took about a week after the change for Princess to send an email notifying us. We had noticed it ourselves when doing a flight quote to see if the fare changed, so we know it changed a week before we got notification from Princess.

Flights seem to get changed 2 or 3 times........so have learned to check them often. So far when ever I have used EZ Air, the change has shown up in my personilzer and I have to check a box that notes that I am aware of the change. Also I have a app on my I-Pad mini that I can put my flights in and it keeps track of the flights, so I can check there and get the latest info for the flights.

Like others, I have learned to keep track on these things myself.

Got another flight at no cost but isn’t nonstop. Oh well!

Good thing I have been monitoring flights

Thx everyone for your comments. EZair is new for me

It is new to me also. I have had 2 flight changes in 2 weeks. Princess is slow in getting the emails out. I usually hit modify or change flights and then get the error and then a few days later, it does display it to me and my TA notifies me.

It is important to note that it is the airlines changing, not Princess.

Glad you got a new flight. Where I live, there is no such thing as direct and we are lucky if we only have 1 layover and not 2 or 3.

It is your responsibility to monitor your flights. Depending on a TA, Princess or even the airline is highly risky. After I book on EZair, I go to the airline's website and check the flight number, time and itinerary. I like to fly on AA and UA and have membership in both of their programs. I check all the usual information such as name, GOES number, passport number etc and then they allow me to enter my cell phone number for updates on the flights departure and arrival times the day of the flight. No surprises for me. Just remember it is your flight and only you are responsible.

Be aware that airlines routinely change their schedules every quarter to adjust for the market. If they change your flight (done by computer) to something you do not like, call them and they will adjust your flights if possible and without any fees. They do want you to be happy and come back again.

We have flights booked with EZAir for June. A major change was made about a month ago and Princess let us know before our TA found out. The time had to be changed to meet their requirements so hopefully all will remain good. I will be glad when the tickets are actually produced. But you can't beat the prices.

Princess is hit and miss on notifying passengers of schedule changes. Sometimes I’ve been unable to access our EZ Air flights in our Cruise Personalizer, and it tells me to contact Princess, and the reason is always a schedule change. Sometimes I don’t even get that much of a notification.

In our experience, when a revised connection is untenable and we want to change, we have to do that through Princess. I generally go online to find a better flight myself, and then notify Princess of what I want. We’ve never had to pay for any additional airfare because the change was initiated by the airline.

I have had a few changes recently..on a domestic flight in May,.found them myself and had to adjust. I like that they Guarantee to get me to the ship when I fly in same day as cruise....so just accept the changes, within reason.

However, a flight with EZ air leaving in Sept. I received an email from my TA, last week..... I was shocked at what occurred. The cruise is Sept 20-30th.....Airline was changed on all segments...and my return was changed to OCT 11th...where did that come from??? What happened to the 30th? Being so far out just cancelled and rebooked at a similar price...did not even brother to call and ask why...because everyone would be as confused as me......but, I do have original flight and changed to flight copies just to have proof, that I did nothing...IT was THEM!!!

I had the same exact thing happen last week. Absolutely no notification at all from Princess. The airline cancelled the flight I was booked on and put me on a 10:00am flight home when Princess' minimum time to depart is at 11:30. If I hadn't been looking around by chance and noticed it, I might have really been stuck.

Of course, there were no good replacement flights with that airline so I had to pay more to go on another carrier, plus a seat reservation fee which I didn't have to pay with the other airline. Irritating. It sure pays to watch your EZ Air bookings yourself!!

We just got a change For same price. Other flight was nonstop but oh well at least we have a flight

Thx everyone

Keep checking, more flights are added all the time and some are withdrawn and keep looking for price changes. At least your flight wasn't cancelled like ours one year when we were still at sea, what a pain in the ass that was with Princess and Delta, each company blamed one another for the snafu. Got the flight back but our seats were apart, I trade my Premium Economy for the economy seat next to my wife.

Keep checking, more flights are added all the time and some are withdrawn and keep looking for price changes. At least your flight wasn't cancelled like ours one year when we were still at sea, what a pain in the ass that was with Princess and Delta, each company blamed one another for the snafu. Got the flight back but our seats were apart, I trade my Premium Economy for the economy seat next to my wife.

Not really true. Very few flights are added in the last couple of months before departure, because there are key logistical restrictions like gates and crews, neither of which are in unlimited supply, particularly in high demand areas, like Seattle in summer time.

I had the same exact thing happen last week. Absolutely no notification at all from Princess. The airline cancelled the flight I was booked on and put me on a 10:00am flight home when Princess' minimum time to depart is at 11:30. If I hadn't been looking around by chance and noticed it, I might have really been stuck.

Of course, there were no good replacement flights with that airline so I had to pay more to go on another carrier, plus a seat reservation fee which I didn't have to pay with the other airline. Irritating. It sure pays to watch your EZ Air bookings yourself!!

I've always wondered about these earlier flight changes, what if you never noticed,.....with EZ air I would think Princess still would be responsible for you missing any flight that was rescheduled, especially if you had transfers.

Someone must have gotten the memo. I've had a notification from Princess and 2 from Delta that I'd had a flight change. I didn't see it when I looked at my reservation, so I called Delta. The change is that with the same departure time, I am now scheduled to arrive 3 minutes earlier. Looks like they are required to notify me of ANY change. FWIW, I had signed in and selected seats thru Delta, and as part of that process gave them my e-mail.

We recently had a flight schedule change on an EZAir flight. I noticed it when I happened to check my flight info on the cruise personalizer....and it showed a change. Two days later we got an e-mail from our cruise agency telling us about the change and attaching a notice from Princess. Although we did book our own EZpass flights directly on the Princess web site, since our cruise booking was done through a cruise agency...Princess simply notified our cruise agency.

Hank

They have ours all booked to what Princess says is acceptable now although our return flight from London to Atlanta only allows an hour and a half in Atlanta before our final flight into Ft Lauderdale. I called and questioned them and they said that was plenty of time to clear customs, and it would cost me 600.00 to change to another flight. I guess we'll see.