“LIVE” from the Allure of the Seas - 2/25

niksmom630

Great pics! Thanks for sharing all this with us. 16 weeks before we board the Allure.

I will say that most mornings are perfect in Ft Lauderdale, especially if you're there for a cruise! :)

Cant wait to keep up with you all week. Have a great cruise!

Looking forward to your review. We are on Oasis in about a month. Are Oasis and Allure pretty similar? This will be our first cruise! :cool:

Very similar. Shows are different, plus Oasis has Solarium Bistro and Allure has Samba Grill. That's about all the major differences that come to mind.

Absolutely love your writing style! Not too wordy but really witty and fun to read and your pictures are awesome. Your dogs are beautiful, golden girls LOL.

Following along for sure. I have not done RCL yet, done NCL, Carnival, Disney and currently stuck on Celebrity with one booked this October, but really want to sail RCL and debating Allure or Freedom for a next cruise and maybe booking one when on board. I really like Celebrity (for the reduced smoke and not feeling crowded) but personally feel their entertainment is boring and lacking and I keep thinking an RCL ship might be in order.

Enjoy your trip!!!!!

I am loving your report so far. We sail on the Oasis in three weeks, and your post will help me get through these long weeks.

I feel your foot pain! After having foot surgery in Dec. and being in a cast for 7 weeks (non-weight bearing) and a boot for 4 weeks, I finally was able to throw my boot away a week ago. I know you are so happy to be able to get rid of it on the ship. I am concerned my choice of footwear on my cruise in 21 days. Chacos are great for daytime wear, but I don't know what I am going to do for dinner attire.

Following, am enjoying your live report so far, Chris!

Hard to believe you guys have snow in Chicago, it’s 42 degrees F (6 degrees C) here in Toronto and snow has all but melted. Hopefully you guys will come home to warmer weather [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to the port at a little after 11, and they were already boarding. [emoji106] walked right on. I didn’t do the online check in until the week before, so got a 2 pm boarding time, which I knew didn’t matter anyway.

Wonder why they request you upload a photo for check in, and the n they take your picture anyway? [emoji848]

All is good with the world. Had my roast beef sandwich, got my pina colada, and saw Nancy the concierge to confirm my reservations!

Trying to upload the next round of photos, but no luck [emoji51]

Got to the port at a little after 11, and they were already boarding. [emoji106] walked right on. I didn’t do the online check in until the week before, so got a 2 pm boarding time, which I knew didn’t matter anyway.

Wonder why they request you upload a photo for check in, and the n they take your picture anyway? [emoji848]

All is good with the world. Had my roast beef sandwich, got my pina colada, and saw Nancy the concierge to confirm my reservations!

Trying to upload the next round of photos, but no luck [emoji51]

Boarding compass

39740a5de1ce08275fa32a64fddb45cb.jpg

5200049de449ab6ce467d02a97926a1f.jpg

Caught the end of this show on the boardwalk....cute!

2283c291a84a81dbd567eb467c11d996.jpg

[emoji31]my foot is swelling like crazy! Obviously overdid it today! Off to the sky bar to try and catch some fellow cruises at our informal meet and greet, then Sabor for dinner [emoji847]

Cruising on Allure on 6 May to celebrate my 55th birthday with our three daughters and respective partners and our 1 year old grandson. Super excited and will be following your live review for tips and suggestions. We have sailed with RCCL several times but this will be the first time on Allure. Have a great cruise!

Dinner at Sabor.....no pics of the guacamole and chips....it never had a chance [emoji3] officially stuffed

47f449fb4229dd344594daa7733127c9.jpg

31771cd145c66f05714116fbbfba202e.jpg

f3422df9f55ec7fd5335221f29982c76.jpg

b8623a6891fe376aedee2842470a2ddf.jpg

Bacon wrapped chicken jalepeno bites, calamari, quesadillas.....

I always enjoy it, but at $20pp, I think it’s a tad overpriced. It’s a completely different experience on Navigator-more elegant....also, they used to have a shrimp entree, but that’s gone now. Dessert menu pretty weak also. Probably a better value for lunch, or when it was ala carte....

Greetings CC community!

Tomorrow we are heading to Fort Lauderdale for our pre-cruise stay at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Hotel prior to boarding Allure on Sunday and I’ve decided to share a live report!

It’s been a super hectic year—and I haven’t checked in on CC as often as I would like. Sent my last “baby” off to college in August, and DH and I officially became empty nesters. Our last sailing in February of 2017 was followed by a whirlwind of activities, with one event after another....college visits, senior prom, graduation, party after party, dorm room shopping and finally, a 4.5 hour drive south, where I dropped my child, along with my wallet, at Indiana University in Bloomington. Go Hoosiers!

fc936603ae6d3215d939728469d6bcd8.jpg

I’ve done several live reports before, so a little about us to get the formalities out of the way....

Rick and Chris from the northwest suburbs of Chicago...

Hoo-hoo-hoo-Hoosiers! My husband and I also both left our wallets in Bloomington, though for our own education. Hope your freshman loves it as much as we did.

And we also love the Allure! Looking forward to your review!