Bringing the “2” bottles of wine onboard

suizas

I have found that when we bring wine on board, it is helpful to travel with each bottle in its' own gallon size ziplock bag. This keeps any potential spills (in checked luggage when flying and carry on when boarding the cruise) limited to the bag.
Until the broken glass cuts the bag. Ask my cousin......

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Do they actually check the bottles to verify that it is wine? What if someone poured out the wine and put in vodka or something else in the wine bottle? If they don't check, I suspect people will be cheating the system that way.

Yes, I had mine checked. It was a Spring break cruise and I was sent to secondary security inspection after passing the xray. Security guard checked the foil to make sure it hadn't been tampered with.

We used RR once and got them all through. But it was really more trouble that it was worth so we haven't ever done it again. In the past 6-7 years we have always gotten a drink package, which make smuggling not cost effective.

Hi there,

I have a related question. What is the actual rule? Is it that you allowed 2 bottles of wine per cabin? Or is it that you are allowed 1 bottle each with a maximum of 2 bottles per cabin.

The reason I ask is that we are cruising with our 27 year old nephew in May and he is in a single occupancy cabin (even though he paid 2 cruise fares for the privilege!!). Is he allowed to bring on 2 bottles?

Cheers

Steve

Hi there,

I have a related question. What is the actual rule? Is it that you allowed 2 bottles of wine per cabin? Or is it that you are allowed 1 bottle each with a maximum of 2 bottles per cabin.

The reason I ask is that we are cruising with our 27 year old nephew in May and he is in a single occupancy cabin (even though he paid 2 cruise fares for the privilege!!). Is he allowed to bring on 2 bottles?

Cheers

Steve

Two bottles per stateroom, regardless of the number of guests in that stateroom.

Two part question:

So if there are 2 adults in a stateroom and you board the ship at separate times (or just not together) and both have 2 bottles, how do they know if the other person has already brought on 2 bottles?

Also, can you place the wine in your suitcase or do you have to carry it on?

Thanks! Susan

Sent from my iPad using Forums

DH and I sailed oasis out of port canaveral with our 1 year old DD a couple months ago. I put 2 bottles of wine in my carryon and he put 2 bottles in his. We put the bags through the security machines and the attendant asked us how many staterooms we had. I told her 2.

With what RCCL is charging for drinks these days I didn’t feel bad. Btw I had their “mango mojito” drink of the day (which still cost close to $10 btw) and it was disgusting. The bar tender basically put this pre-poured syrupy concoction into a glass, added ice, tried to upsell me on a package and handed this yucky drink to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always pack my wine in these but I put 2 bottles in one pouch. Always goes in my luggage including connecting flights from Canada. Also, I never check my bags at port so it’s all good going through security.

vinnibag.jpg

Security scanners at the port cannot tell if they are wine or liquor...you may find yourself down at deck one security (fondly called the naughty room) to claim your bag one day if you were to check your bags.

For the water, we have brought a case and slapped a luggage tag on it. Case was delivered to room.

For the next cruise we have 2 cabins booked (us and the kids). DH and I will bring 2 bottles of wine each (i.e. per cabin).

Have you tried that at Port Canaveral?

DH and I sailed oasis out of port canaveral with our 1 year old DD a couple months ago. I put 2 bottles of wine in my carryon and he put 2 bottles in his. We put the bags through the security machines and the attendant asked us how many staterooms we had. I told her 2.

With what RCCL is charging for drinks these days I didn’t feel bad. Btw I had their “mango mojito” drink of the day (which still cost close to $10 btw) and it was disgusting. The bar tender basically put this pre-poured syrupy concoction into a glass, added ice, tried to upsell me on a package and handed this yucky drink to me.

So you lied to security? :o

Security scanners at the port cannot tell if they are wine or liquor...you may find yourself down at deck one security (fondly called the naughty room) to claim your bag one day if you were to check your bags.

Like I said, I’ve used them for years and have never once been questioned. And also like I said, I don’t check my bags. They can question all they want, it’s wine.

I was just showing it as an option to travel with your wine and be able to prevent spillage and breakage.

:)

Why oh why must some people try and cheat the system? Royal says that you may bring on 2 bottles of wine PER CABIN. TWO! Why not just be happy and honest, and just bring on two bottles?

I'm not advocating cheating the system but the wines available on board are not all that great.

Awesome! Hope you will be oh so proud of your decisions when Royal takes away this perk.

Like I said, I’ve used them for years and have never once been questioned. And also like I said, I don’t check my bags. They can question all they want, it’s wine.

I was just showing it as an option to travel with your wine and be able to prevent spillage and breakage.

:)

I have seen them. My sister used them on an over seas flight.

1) your sarcasm isn’t welcomed

2) if Royal charged a reasonable amount for drinks like Disney, people wouldn’t feel the need to “cheat the system”

3) the rule is arbitrary and silly. Disney, for example, allows each guest to bring 2 bottles aboard and then each guest can bring 2 additional bottles per port.

I think you should sail Disney then if you believe their alcohol policy is so great. Just be prepared to pay double your cruise fare!

2) if Royal charged a reasonable amount for drinks like Disney, people wouldn’t feel the need to “cheat the system”

3) the rule is arbitrary and silly. Disney, for example, allows each guest to bring 2 bottles aboard and then each guest can bring 2 additional bottles per port.

HAL lets you bring as many bottles as you like (or at least they did years ago), but just their wine policy does not make me like them over RCI. I am not a fan of HAL.

I still don't believe in breaking the rules that you have agreed to in your cruise contract. And would never, ever lie to security agents. But that is just me.

I would say if you don't like something...change it with your pocket book and book other lines.

If I don't like something I don't purchase that product. Whining and cheating isn't going to change RCs policy. I can remember when RC didn't allow personal wine to be brought onboard. It's all about choices.

HAL lets you bring as many bottles as you like (or at least they did years ago), but just their wine policy does not make me like them over RCI. I am not a fan of HAL.

I still don't believe in breaking the rules that you have agreed to in your cruise contract. And would never, ever lie to security agents. But that is just me.

I would say if you don't like something...change it with your pocket book and book other lines.

Right on!