Bringing the “2” bottles of wine onboard

suizas

You are perfectly free to vacation elsewhere. One of my pet peeves is people who think they are so special that rules can’t possibly pertain to them. Meanwhile, others suffer for their selfishness.

Exactly this ^. Thank you. :)

;)

You are perfectly free to vacation elsewhere. One of my pet peeves is people who think they are so special that rules can’t possibly pertain to them. Meanwhile, others suffer for their selfishness.

You are also perfectly free to vacation elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That’s nice. I’m sure you never drive over the speed limit either.

You never answered my question earlier. Do you feel it's ok to break all rules or just rules you deem acceptable to break?

For example, what are your thoughts on people smoking in the dining room at the table next to you? "Ridiculous" rule, right? Let them smoke!

How about preventing children from drinking on the ship? Is that also a "ridiculous" rule?

And what about irons/steamers on the ship? People promise to be careful, so it's OK to break THAT "ridiculous" right? Hopefully the ship doesn't burn to the sea.

How about bringing plants/uncooked food from other countries onto the ship, potentially exposing everyone to parasites. Is that "ridiculous" as well?

Again, I'm just trying to understand your thought process.

I'm going to go out on a limb and take a wild guess that someone like you is OK with breaking rules as long as it will save you a buck or two.

You never answered my question earlier. Do you feel it's ok to break all rules or just rules you deem acceptable to break?

For example, what are your thoughts on people smoking in the dining room at the table next to you? "Ridiculous" rule, right? Let them smoke!

How about preventing children from drinking on the ship? Is that also a "ridiculous" rule?

And what about irons/steamers on the ship? People promise to be careful, so it's OK to break THAT "ridiculous" right? Hopefully the ship doesn't burn to the sea.

How about bringing plants/uncooked food from other countries onto the ship, potentially exposing everyone to parasites. Is that "ridiculous" as well?

Again, I'm just trying to understand your thought process.

I'm going to go out on a limb and take a wild guess that someone like you is OK with breaking rules as long as it will save you a buck or two.

You are correct. I’m fine with breaking rules that seem to be arbitrary and are there for no reason other than the cruise line making money. The 2 bottle per room rule is one of those. You can’t bring your own wine aboard so you have to drink the ship’s lousy unbelievably overpriced wine? I don’t think so. Me bringing four bottles on board as opposed to two has no effect on anyone else’s health and well-being. And I don’t feel at all sorry for poor old mega cruise line RCCL who nickel and dimes their passengers at every opportunity.

Heath and safety rules are there for a reason and I would never break any of those. I think smoking should be completely banned in every place on all ships and I am horrified that rules around children swimming in hot tubs are not enforced.

I also think the pool police should keep better track of chair hogs and remove towels and any other belongings on the chairs after 30 minutes. I’ve done that myself and it feels great.

You are correct. I’m fine with breaking rules that seem to be arbitrary and are there for no reason other than the cruise line making money. The 2 bottle per room rule is one of those. You can’t bring your own wine aboard so you have to drink the ship’s lousy unbelievably overpriced wine? I don’t think so. Me bringing four bottles on board as opposed to two has no effect on anyone else’s health and well-being. And I don’t feel at all sorry for poor old mega cruise line RCCL who nickel and dimes their passengers at every opportunity.

You don't think it's fair for the cruise industry to use alcohol to increase profit margins which allows cruise fares to be low? What about when you go to land based restaurants? Do you think you should just be able to walk in with your own alcohol? Come on man...

You don't think it's fair for the cruise industry to use alcohol to increase profit margins which allows cruise fares to be low? What about when you go to land based restaurants? Do you think you should just be able to walk in with your own alcohol? Come on man...

Rccl’s drink prices have risen a ridiculous amount in recent years. I will *never* pay what they are charging whether or not I can bring my own wine on board, so I might as well enjoy myself. And some mark up is expected, but what they are charging is criminal.

Rccl’s drink prices have risen a ridiculous amount in recent years. I will *never* pay what they are charging whether or not I can bring my own wine on board, so I might as well enjoy myself. And some mark up is expected, but what they are charging is criminal.

And by the way, o self righteous one, the unlimited drink pacakages they are offering is a health and safety issue. Because if you purchase one and then you are committed to drinking enough to make it “worth it,” you are, by definition, an alcoholic.

That’s nice. I’m sure you never drive over the speed limit either.

You forgot candles in the room to set the mood. Oh, and bringing an extension cord with a surge protector because that works fine at home. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

And by the way, o self righteous one, the unlimited drink pacakages they are offering is a health and safety issue. Because if you purchase one and then you are committed to drinking enough to make it “worth it,” you are, by definition, an alcoholic.

??? You're calling yourself self righteous. 😉

Whoa, so I'm an alcoholic because I buy the drink package? And you somehow know or don't know who I voted for in a political election? How the heck is that relevant...to anything?

This is where I bow out. You, sir, are off your rocker. Have a good night.

Whoa, so I'm an alcoholic because I buy the drink package? And you somehow know or don't know who I voted for in a political election? How the heck is that relevant...to anything?

I keep getting you and topnole confused

Have to agree with you CruisingNole! These threads somehow have become a platform for people to start degrading other just because someone disagrees with them. I just don't get it! Where did the day of having a civilized conversation (whether agree or disagree with each other) go? Our society today is completely screwed up.

DH and I sailed oasis out of port canaveral with our 1 year old DD a couple months ago. I put 2 bottles of wine in my carryon and he put 2 bottles in his. We put the bags through the security machines and the attendant asked us how many staterooms we had. I told her 2.

With what RCCL is charging for drinks these days I didn’t feel bad. Btw I had their “mango mojito” drink of the day (which still cost close to $10 btw) and it was disgusting. The bar tender basically put this pre-poured syrupy concoction into a glass, added ice, tried to upsell me on a package and handed this yucky drink to me.

You don’t feel any remorse for stealing?

Oh believe me, it’s relevant. I’m not the one who’s gotten all huffed up about someone bringing on 2 extra bottles of wine.

Its stealing, plan and simple. It matters not what Royal charges for the package. Your not forced to buy or drink.

So I went to the end to post a comment about carrying on wine. Somehow the conversation morphed into politics. This is a cruise forum. Please limit it to that. I carry on champagne and purchase a water package so I can use the empty bottles to put orange juice from the buffet in the refrigerator in the room. Mimosas on the balcony are the best!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So I went to the end to post a comment about carrying on wine. Somehow the conversation morphed into politics. This is a cruise forum. Please limit it to that. I carry on champagne and purchase a water package so I can use the empty bottles to put orange juice from the buffet in the refrigerator in the room. Mimosas on the balcony are the best!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Please tell us you don't fill those bottles straight from the dispenser. 😱