Bringing the “2” bottles of wine onboard

suizas

Thanks for the responses. I was curious more than anything - I certainly would not want this perk to disappear! Was disappointed when they changed the rules on the bev package :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Of course you were disappointed! You were probably hoping to circumvent hat rule too.

Kind of sad, really, that folks are always trying to wrangle a way to circumvent the rules and cheat. quote]

These are the same people who will cry foul when this privilege is removed. Just like those who saw nothing wrong with sharing a package and are now upset at the new rule.

I think you all are lucky. I resent the fact that I can bring wine, which I don't drink, but can't bring water which I do drink. It doesn't make any sense to me.

I bring water and Gatorade in a duffel bag on every cruise and have never had it taken away.

I think it's clear that poster frequents the VFW or, most likely, the bar in his basement for drinks. His fantasy prices are just that...fantasies.

No. I drink at places where the prices are reasonable. I would never pay $15 for a drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No. I drink at places where the prices are reasonable. I would never pay $15 for a drink.

I'll be in DC next month, I'd love to have one of those all day every day $8.50 margaritas at the nice Mexican restaurant in the city that you claim to frequent. Mind sharing the name so I can check it out?

I'll be in DC next month, I'd love to have one of those all day every day $8.50 margaritas at the nice Mexican restaurant in the city that you claim to frequent. Mind sharing the name so I can check it out?

Cactus cantina. Good solid Mexican. Not fancy shmancy and not fast food. http://www.cactuscantina.com/?m=1

So just to clarify, breaking rule to bring water onboard = ok; breaking rule to bring extra wine onboard = not ok???

Yea there’s a lot of self righteous people on here. I don’t understand bringing water on board. What’s wrong with the water from the tap?

So just to clarify, breaking rule to bring water onboard = ok; breaking rule to bring extra wine onboard = not ok???

Not hard to understand at all. Their (RC) ships so they get to be choose which rules they want to enforce. :rolleyes:

Edited by davekathy

If an adult is the only 21+ person in a cabin with 2 children - are two bottles still allowed? I thought I read that it was one per adult to a maximum of 2 bottles. Or maybe that’s just the cheap booze addling my memory[emoji23]

If an adult is the only 21+ person in a cabin with 2 children - are two bottles still allowed? I thought I read that it was one per adult to a maximum of 2 bottles. Or maybe that’s just the cheap booze addling my memory[emoji23]

Yes. Two 750 ml bottles of wine per stateroom. You can be a solo cruiser and you are still allowed two 750 ml bottles of wine.

I’m not upset about the rules. OP asked about how many bottles you can bring on board, I have my answer, and I don’t feel at all guilty or bad about the choice I made. Call me Scarlett O’Hara.

You chose the wrong character. Or did you. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Well, your problem is that your price expectations are completely unrealistic and match that of the happy hour I get at the local dive bar.

$6 drink with tax and tip? Seriously? Where do you drink, the VFW?

Gin and tonic onboard is $8 less tip

Gin and tonic onboard is $8 less tip

In December I recall single liquor mixed drinks @ $9.95 plus tax/gratuity on Oasis. However, I think sometimes the price varies depending on which bar you order from.

I foresee them to slowly increase drink prices to push people to buy the package. My friend just got off Disney Dream (no drink package available) on Monday and she reported drink prices cheaper than Royal, more so around the $6-$7 price. I think that's the first time I've ever heard of any product sold by Disney being a "fair" price.

I work at the port and have yet to see any water or soda bottles "confiscated". Just bring within reason and you should be fine.

Plus pax need to do you and your crew members a big favor and do not simply "slap a tag" on one of those shrink wrapped bulky cases to check. Put them in a bag with a handle for easier handling.

:D

Not hard to understand at all. Their (RC) ships so they get to be choose which rules they want to enforce. :rolleyes:

LOL...

RCI: Really Consistently Inconsistent.

I am, however, worried about the whiney complainers and the two bottle rule. It was not that long ago they started allowing us to bring on two bottles of wine per cabin. We really enjoy that perk. Let us not ruin that nice allowance people, lest they take it away again. :o

Thanks for the responses. I was curious more than anything - I certainly would not want this perk to disappear! Was disappointed when they changed the rules on the bev package :(

It will eventually change in the future affecting only honest people