Bringing the “2” bottles of wine onboard

suizas

Good to hear you are able to bring wine aboard. Is there a corkage fee you have to pay or only if want to bring to dinner. I would just like a couple bottles to enjoy on our balcony.

Corkage fee is $15 if you bring the bottles to a public venue

Adamrosie, please stay on topic.

It is obvious you have strong political beliefs and that is good. Others have differing political beliefs, and that is good also. This is the second time I have seen you go off track. (Recall the Oasis roll call discussion)

This is not the place for political confrontation.

I hope the mods remove the harsh political statements and/or close this thread.

M

Please tell us you don't fill those bottles straight from the dispenser. [emoji33]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

No. I use a plastic cup to fill the bottles. And I also never drink from the bottles. They are used to fill glasses. I understand aseptic technique. I’m an RN. But you did bring up a great point that needed clarification.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am happy to read all of these threads. I have two rooms on the Allure next month so I can take 4 bottles of champagne legally on the ship. I may pack two separately though.

On my first cruise on Nordic Empress- We legally brought bottles of rum on board and made drinks in our room I was 21 and cheap:)

On my first southern cruise out of San Juan in the early 90s- you could take as much wine ,champagne and CASES of beer that you wanted. You bought the alcohol when you boarded. Things have changed.

It’s a really good idea to keep dinner conversation light among table mates. My friend and I still talk about the cruise where our table mates got to arguing politics and tried to speak to each other through us. Same with this forum. Please keep your political views off of it. I do think the corkage fee applies to wine brought into common eating areas whether or not they actually uncork the bottle.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Slightly deviating from exact topic, but if we fly to departure port of San Juan day of sailing, is there somewhere close to purchase our 2 bottles of wine so we don't have to fly with them in our luggage?

Rccl’s drink prices have risen a ridiculous amount in recent years. I will *never* pay what they are charging whether or not I can bring my own wine on board, so I might as well enjoy myself. And some mark up is expected, but what they are charging is criminal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can have your drinks for FREE while others pay for your FREE one way or the other.

Slightly deviating from exact topic, but if we fly to departure port of San Juan day of sailing, is there somewhere close to purchase our 2 bottles of wine so we don't have to fly with them in our luggage?

There is a duty free store inside the cruise terminal that sells wine. The selection is not extensive. There is also a Pueblo supermarket with a better selection on the north side of the airport.

For the water, we have brought a case and slapped a luggage tag on it. Case was delivered to room.

For the next cruise we have 2 cabins booked (us and the kids). DH and I will bring 2 bottles of wine each (i.e. per cabin).

Hi, when you checked your case of water, how did you put the luggage tag on it? Tape?Did you have it in any kind of tote bag? Thanks!

There is also a LARGE Walgreens or CVS ( can't recall which one) across the street from the port. They had just about anything one could need and lots of basic wines.

good luck

M

There is also a LARGE Walgreens or CVS ( can't recall which one) across the street from the port. They had just about anything one could need and lots of basic wines.

good luck

M

Marci, you must be thinking of the piers downtown in OSJ. I got the impression the poster was referring to initial embarkation, which would be at the Pan American pier.

Thanks so much for the info! One other question I have is one of logistics. Do you go to the duty-free shop with your luggage and take everything on board at once, or do you check in on board, leave the ship, and do your shopping then? We've never had to do this before, so not sure how to make this an easy effort!

Thanks so much for the info! One other question I have is one of logistics. Do you go to the duty-free shop with your luggage and take everything on board at once, or do you check in on board, leave the ship, and do your shopping then? We've never had to do this before, so not sure how to make this an easy effort!

First you leave your bags with the porters outside the terminal. Then you enter the terminal and check-in. Now you either go to the duty free store first and then get on the ship (if they are boarding), or get off the ship later and go to the duty free shop. We've done both.

ROyal does not specify how to bring the wine on, you can carry it on or put it in checked bags. However, if you carry it on, you have less chance of breakage and less change of having a delay in your luggage delivery.

I really like this perk and I don't think it's a good idea to puiblicly discuss mechanisms to flaunt the rules, as we will find this perk changed like we just saw them recently require both guests in a stateroom to purchase a drink package.

Thank You for speaking our minds. Indeed, it's a great perk. We bring on our two bottles of wine in our carry-on. There's really no need to cheat a great perk unless (they) are alcoholics.

Yes, either at the Duty Free in the airport or at the actual departure port.

First you leave your bags with the porters outside the terminal. Then you enter the terminal and check-in. Now you either go to the duty free store first and then get on the ship (if they are boarding), or get off the ship later and go to the duty free shop. We've done both.

But once you've officially boarded the ship, can you leave the terminal and go buy wine in town?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Haven't read the full thread so I apologize if this was asked. We brought 2 bottles of wine when we went on Allure and it worked out great. The MDR even stored the bottles for us for the next night (DH like red and I like white...so we literally each had our own bottles).

We have a 4 day cruise booked. Can we still bring 2 bottles, or is this only for week long cruises and longer?

Haven't read the full thread so I apologize if this was asked. We brought 2 bottles of wine when we went on Allure and it worked out great. The MDR even stored the bottles for us for the next night (DH like red and I like white...so we literally each had our own bottles).

We have a 4 day cruise booked. Can we still bring 2 bottles, or is this only for week long cruises and longer?

Yes. Two bottles regardless the length of cruise.

Hi, when you checked your case of water, how did you put the luggage tag on it? Tape?Did you have it in any kind of tote bag? Thanks!

You won't be able to simply "slap a tag" on a case of water at Port Canaveral and check it. Porters are refusing them now. Too bulky and hard to transport.

Edited by island lady

Marci, you must be thinking of the piers downtown in OSJ. I got the impression the poster was referring to initial embarkation, which would be at the Pan American pier.

I was confused about that also. All there is across the street at the PA pier is the little airport. :confused::o