Bringing the “2” bottles of wine onboard

suizas

Thank You for speaking our minds. Indeed, it's a great perk. We bring on our two bottles of wine in our carry-on. There's really no need to cheat a great perk unless (they) are alcoholics.

I am worried about that also. We were really grateful when RCI, not that long ago, made the allowance for the two bottles of wine. The abusers will ultimately ruin that for us. Shame. :(

I really don't see us sailing out of SJ in the near future.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Yeah, not my favorite thing to fly to a port...but did it for something different and had not been on Jewel for a long time. We enjoyed it, but if we go again...it will be a B2B next time.

Edited by island lady

Yeah, not my favorite thing either to fly to a port...but did it for something different and had not been on Jewel for a long time. We enjoyed it, but if we go again...it will be a B2B next time.

Unfortunately we don't have any cruise ships leaving out of the Great Salt Lake here in Utah. ;) So we have to fly for all our cruises. So we always do a pre-cruise and sometimes a post cruise stay. So all of our Caribbean cruises out of Florida or San Juan are B2B cruises. Yeah! (y):cool:(y) Hard to find a true 14 night cruise on RC or Celebrity anymore. Now to stay on topic of "two bottles of wine" ;p we will carry on four bottles of wine for the B2B cruises. We've never had any issues with security. We've never been asked but I always have our paper work for the second leg just in case they do ask. Pretty smooth! :D

Edited by davekathy

Unfortunately we don't have any cruise ships leaving out of the Great Salt Lake here in Utah. ;) So we have to fly for all our cruises. So we always do a pre-cruise and sometimes a post cruise stay.

Hard to find a true 14 night cruise on RC or Celebrity anymore. So a

ll of our Caribbean cruises out of Florida or San Juan are B2B cruises. Yeah! (y):cool:(y)

Ahh...but before we ended up with these old bones..(now where did those come from??!!;p) we used to fly out every year to go skiing in your area. Loved it!

Now our cruising, and Land Yacht traveling has taken over.

Hey...why don't you move on down here to Florida to take advantage of "drive to" ports? Love to have you as neighbors! :D

Ahh...but before we ended up with these old bones..(now where did those come from??!!;p) we used to fly out every year to go skiing in your area. Loved it!

Now our cruising, and Land Yacht traveling has taken over.

Hey...why don't you move on down here to Florida to take advantage of "drive to" ports? Love to have you as neighbors! :D

We have friends in Melbourne and keep telling us we should move to Melbourne. I guess we're still gluttons for punishment. Cold and snow. :confused:

We have friends in Melbourne and keep telling us we should move to Melbourne. I guess we're still gluttons for punishment. Cold and snow. :confused:

Big draw back to living in Florida of course is our hot and humid swampy summers. ;p;p

So we just take the Land Yacht up to Maine during the summer to annoy the locals up there. ;p

Big draw back to living in Florida of course is our hot and humid swampy summers. ;p;p

So we just take the Land Yacht up to Maine during the summer to annoy the locals up there. ;p

Serves them right for heading your way in the winter.;p

Bringing 2 bottles of wine (or 1 wine and 1 champagne) is the plan for me and my wife. We are sailing the Anthem for 5 nights. We are aware of the corkage fee. We may take one bottle for dinner and keep the other for the cabin.

I read this thread and others regarding the Deluxe Package policy. DW and I are not heavy drinkers and with us being at port for two days in a row where we plan on doing a lot of off ship touring it would doubled our per-drink-a-day break even point to justify the package.

So we are planning on getting the refreshment or soda package, bring our favorite wines, pay as we go for other alcohol (we may even use our cabin credit towards those purchase), and we plan on keeping an eye out for the 10-drink card.

To some, the deal make sense. To others, it don’t. Simple as that.

It is Royal Caribbean’s company and policy. That is what companies do. To make a statement that we don’t have to adhere to a policy is pretty concerning.

Edited by Thirstday

Yea there’s a lot of self righteous people on here. I don’t understand bringing water on board. What’s wrong with the water from the tap?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bring bottled sparkling water on every cruise.

In Barcelona we get the bottles of water in the duty free and carry them on board in the duty free bag no problems.

I have a hard time looking at the fact RCL allows you to bring on two bottles of wine as a perk.

That being the case, I really love the perk of being able to bring on my own tooth paste and shampoo

to use in my room.

I swell enough on cruises -- desalinated water is something I pay to avoid whenever possible -- the coffee too. I'll do the water/coffee package on Celebrity ...talk about recycling ;p.

I'm with others in adding my 2 cents that the drink packages don't work for me -- it's rare I'll have more than 3 during the course of the day and I feel like most "bartenders" are glorified servers these days (with the exception of the martini bars).. The drink of the day is usually an undesirable or undrinkable sugar bomb. I take my chances with my bill and bring wine on board.

The one thing you learn from these forums is the different allowances and tolerances by different cruiselines. I've sailed 2 others where they could care less what you dragged on (even Seattle - woo hoo!).

That was the case with P&O until January 1st 2018 when they restricted everyone to 1 litre of alcohol when previously it was unlimited at every port.

It was abused when people were only drinking their own alcohol everywhere on the ship so everyone has been penalised.

quote=TominNC;55415778]But there's no rule against bringing a drink or glass of wine into the dining room. So who's breaking a rule?

Exactly! Wait a minute, according to CruisingNole's opinion "you're

too damn cheap to pay like everyone else" if you walk in the dining venue carrying wine or whatever your drink of choice might be.:rolleyes: But IMO I don't care what those kind of people think.

We sometimes carry 2 glasses of prosecco each into the restaurant because sometimes you wait ages for a drink in there and over an hour to get your cabin card back.

I am worried about that also. We were really grateful when RCI, not that long ago, made the allowance for the two bottles of wine. The abusers will ultimately ruin that for us. Shame. :(

I agree.

The abusers have ruined it on P&O when you could previously bring onboard unlimited amounts of alcohol from every port and then people were going back to their cabins to fill their drinks up all the time.

From 1-1-18 you can only bring 1 litre of alcohol per person on when embarking then no more alcohol from the ports of call.

I definitely missed all the excitement in this one. Lots of random one-sided quotes and replies that didn’t get deleted and now make no sense. 8178075c1299ecc4e9d682be6841f048.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll sum it up for you:

OP asked about how to bring more than 2 bottles on board. I mentioned how my family brought 4 aboard by lying to security. Goody two shoes self righteous posters got all huffed and puffed about it as if my sin was equivalent to murder. I pointed out their hypocrisy by showing that there are far more destructive sins being committed by members of CC both at sea and on land. The end.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums