Bringing the “2” bottles of wine onboard

suizas

I’ll sum it up for you:

OP asked about how to bring more than 2 bottles on board. I mentioned how my family brought 4 aboard by lying to security. Goody two shoes self righteous posters got all huffed and puffed about it as if my sin was equivalent to murder. I pointed out their hypocrisy by showing that there are far more destructive sins being committed by members of CC both at sea and on land. The end.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, you left a little bit out. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

This makes no sense.

I really didn’t think it would make much sense to you since you think it’s your right to pick and choose which rules to follow and which to break. How you justify absolutely makes no sense.

Entitlements are paid for by somebody. Your entitled to less expensive drinks because you have judged them to be too expensive so you feel it’s ok to break rules.

I really didn’t think it would make much sense to you since you think it’s your right to pick and choose which rules to follow and which to break. How you justify absolutely makes no sense.

Entitlements are paid for by somebody. Your entitled to less expensive drinks because you have judged them to be too expensive so you feel it’s ok to break rules.

Well well well it looks like we understand each other... at least on this front. Yes, I believe the drink prices are too high and the rule is ridiculous and arbitrary, so I choose not to follow it.

I agree.

The abusers have ruined it on P&O when you could previously bring onboard unlimited amounts of alcohol from every port and then people were going back to their cabins to fill their drinks up all the time.

From 1-1-18 you can only bring 1 litre of alcohol per person on when embarking then no more alcohol from the ports of call.

That's a little different. If P&O policy allowed that, no one is wrong to take advantage.

Now they've changed the policy, so if someone tries to cheat it, I agree. Eventually they'll allow none. Those that adhered to the policy suffer as well.

Goody two shoes self righteous posters got all huffed and puffed about it as if my sin was equivalent to murder.

Hey, I don't think you're some big sinner or a bad guy at all. I'm just saying that some of us follow the policy as it is, and we appreciate having an allowance to bring on. If you've got some way to achieve what you want, just do it, but don't broadcast it here please.

Frankly, if you managed to get 12 bottles on instead of 4, I'd actually be amazed more than mad, but I think you get my point; lets not jeopardize a good thing.

I really don't want the policy of 2 bottles per room to be rescinded; that's a rule I play by.

Hey, I don't think you're some big sinner or a bad guy at all. I'm just saying that some of us follow the policy as it is, and we appreciate having an allowance to bring on. If you've got some way to achieve what you want, just do it, but don't broadcast it here please.

Frankly, if you managed to get 12 bottles on instead of 4, I'd actually be amazed more than mad, but I think you get my point; lets not jeopardize a good thing.

I really don't want the policy of 2 bottles per room to be rescinded; that's a rule I play by.

Fair point. I don’t want the perk rescinded and I was responding to OPs original post by giving them a strategy they can feel free to follow or not.

I’m surprised by how the critic part of cruise critic has been replaced by defense of the cruise lines at all cost and self righteous holier than thou attitudes. The cruise lines quality, especially RCCL, has dropped precipitously in recent years and if we don’t stand up to it, we’re going to enter into Carnival-like levels... or worse. If I don’t like something, I say something and do something. I wish more people would do the same.

Fair point. I don’t want the perk rescinded and I was responding to OPs original post by giving them a strategy they can feel free to follow or not.

I’m surprised by how the critic part of cruise critic has been replaced by defense of the cruise lines at all cost and self righteous holier than thou attitudes. The cruise lines quality, especially RCCL, has dropped precipitously in recent years and if we don’t stand up to it, we’re going to enter into Carnival-like levels... or worse. If I don’t like something, I say something and do something. I wish more people would do the same.

This place can get kind of hostile, but it's usually the same couple dozen names with strong opinions and assimilating the brand as a family member.

I've mixed in a few Carnival in the past 2 or 3 years...they excel in a handful areas compared to Royal, honestly. Some brand fanatics will never find that out. I could never be loyal to only one brand, too much sameness. No telling what you might be missing.

Anyways, I agree quality and service has been downgraded (slipped implies unintentional). But the way to fight against that isn't to openly break a policy that really falls under "nice to have" for many of us. There are more constructive methods. I know the thought is to hit them in the pocketbook, but just don't go for their optional add on fees, versus risking shooting yourself in the foot getting additional wine onboard.

Just my viewpoint. But if you can't outright amaze me with your conquests, best to enjoy it quietly.

This place can get kind of hostile, but it's usually the same couple dozen names with strong opinions and assimilating the brand as a family member.

I've mixed in a few Carnival in the past 2 or 3 years...they excel in a handful areas compared to Royal, honestly. Some brand fanatics will never find that out. I could never be loyal to only one brand, too much sameness. No telling what you might be missing.

Anyways, I agree quality and service has been downgraded (slipped implies unintentional). But the way to fight against that isn't to openly break a policy that really falls under "nice to have" for many of us. There are more constructive methods. I know the thought is to hit them in the pocketbook, but just don't go for their optional add on fees, versus risking shooting yourself in the foot getting additional wine onboard.

Just my viewpoint. But if you can't outright amaze me with your conquests, best to enjoy it quietly.

Ok so honest question: what are the more constructive methods?

Ok so honest question: what are the more constructive methods?

Refuse up charge items and tell them why. You have certain expectations of the base product and don't feel you need to pay extra to achieve that. Also, vote w dollars and try other experiences. You can't make a company change, but you can change companies. I guess I've done 8 or 9 cruises on "other" line just in the past 3 or 4 years when I felt Royal had changed their focus to meeting a price point, versus a quality point. They are still good in many instances, but no longer the standout

Refuse up charge items and tell them why. You have certain expectations of the base product and don't feel you need to pay extra to achieve that. Also, vote w dollars and try other experiences. You can't make a company change, but you can change companies. I guess I've done 8 or 9 cruises on "other" line just in the past 3 or 4 years when I felt Royal had changed their focus to meeting a price point, versus a quality point. They are still good in many instances, but no longer the standout

I think Disney is far superior to RCCL. But their prices are outrageous. Sigh.

I know that cruise lines only allow two bottles of wine per cabin per cruise. I’m doing a b2b and wonder if the same rule applies or can bring double that.

You can bring 4 bottles at the start of a back to back.

That's a little different. If P&O policy allowed that, no one is wrong to take advantage.

Now they've changed the policy, so if someone tries to cheat it, I agree. Eventually they'll allow none. Those that adhered to the policy suffer as well.

It was because people openly were drinking their own alcohol that Carnival ( P&O owners) brought the new policy in so the point is the abusers spoilt if for everyone else.

Serves them right for heading your way in the winter.;p

Yeah, we like to drive the land yacht in the fast lane with the left hand turn signal on permanently. ;p;p:')

Edited by island lady