Bringing the “2” bottles of wine onboard

suizas

Can you bring on two bottles per port? For example, if we have 4 stops ( New England / Canada ) Can you bring 2 bottles on at each port? I'm not sure what is allowed back onto the boat from the ports.

Thanks!!

You can bring as many bottles as you like at ports, but they will take them away and hold them until the end of the cruise. The only bottles you can keep for onboard consumption are the two you bring on at initial embarkation.

Then may I suggest that you sail Disney? Seriously, if you are this upset about the rules RCI has, rules that you knew in advance of booking, then simply book a cruise line where you like the rules. Just because you do not agree with the rules does not negate the fact you lied and cheated.

I’m not upset about the rules. OP asked about how many bottles you can bring on board, I have my answer, and I don’t feel at all guilty or bad about the choice I made. Call me Scarlett O’Hara.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m not upset about the rules. OP asked about how many bottles you can bring on board, I have my answer, and I don’t feel at all guilty or bad about the choice I made. Call me Scarlett O’Hara.

Gave my answer...

I feel fine since I do not cheat because I am trying to pinch pennies. People like you are why now every adult in the cabin has to purchase the drink package even if only 1 person wants it.

:evilsmile:

I don’t think that’s true. Yes I try to be responsible with my money. I would never purchase a drink package because they are also overpriced.

With what RCCL is charging for drinks these days I didn’t feel bad. Btw I had their “mango mojito” drink of the day (which still cost close to $10 btw) and it was disgusting. The bar tender basically put this pre-poured syrupy concoction into a glass, added ice, tried to upsell me on a package and handed this yucky drink to me.

So the lack of quality of the "mango mojito" (after the fact) justifies your reason for cheating the system.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself, I guess....

They want your bottles of wine in Carry on, doesnt matter if its 3 nt or 14 nts, 2 bottles only.

This is what I disagree with, taking a transatlantic in April. 16 days and only 2 bottles of wine allowed and no alcohol. Drink package for this voyage for two adults is around 1600.00, just 800.00 less than what I paid for the passage. :(Hoping they will sell drink cards....can each person in the cabin purchase one?

This is what I disagree with, taking a transatlantic in April. 16 days and only 2 bottles of wine allowed and no alcohol. Drink package for this voyage for two adults is around 1600.00, just 800.00 less than what I paid for the passage. :(Hoping they will sell drink cards....can each person in the cabin purchase one?

Yes they can.

They want your bottles of wine in Carry on, doesnt matter if its 3 nt or 14 nts, 2 bottles only.

Out of curiosity, at what price point would you deem unlimited top shelf alcohol to be "not overpriced."

Hard for me to quantify on packages as I’m not a huge drinker, but I do think the price of individual drinks has risen to an outrageous amount. A drink of the day should be about $6 with tax and tip and a mixed drink (gin and tonic) $8 tax and tip. Maybe $10 for a fancy drink... I’m taking well liquor. You want top shelf add more money.

Hard for me to quantify on packages as I’m not a huge drinker, but I do think the price of individual drinks has risen to an outrageous amount. A drink of the day should be about $6 with tax and tip and a mixed drink (gin and tonic) $8 tax and tip. Maybe $10 for a fancy drink... I’m taking well liquor. You want top shelf add more money.

Well, your problem is that your price expectations are completely unrealistic and match that of the happy hour I get at the local dive bar.

$6 drink with tax and tip? Seriously? Where do you drink, the VFW?

Well, your problem is that your price expectations are completely unrealistic and match that of the happy hour I get at the local dive bar.

$6 drink with tax and tip? Seriously? Where do you drink, the VFW?

That’s basically what drinks cost on Disney- still!. You’re forgetting you pay thousands of dollars to go on a cruise in the first place.

Back in the day, not so long ago, that’s what drinks cost. Dining in a specialty restaurant had a $10 cover... fancy ice cream was a few dollars.

Now RCCL is charging what those things cost on land or even more. So what’s the point?

I went out to a Mexican restaurant last night in DC- one of the most expensive cities in America. Margarita cost $8.50. That’s what it should cost on a cruise. I’m not talking fancy tequila or anything.

might sound a silly question - do you have to drink the wine in your room?

or can you take it to dinner

Take it anywhere you want, glass to show, walk around, take a bottle to dinner and leave it there if you have some remaining...we do this, I just tip the waiter or his assistance, be surprised what a decent tip can get you! ;):lips-sealed::ship:

might sound a silly question - do you have to drink the wine in your room?

or can you take it to dinner

You can take it anywhere you like. However, if you take it to a publlc venue, you are subject to a $15 per bottle fee.

I went out to a Mexican restaurant last night in DC- one of the most expensive cities in America. Margarita cost $8.50. That’s what it should cost on a cruise. I’m not talking fancy tequila or anything.

Seriously? When I have been out in DC, drinks are in the $14-$15 range.

Think of it the other way. You can take two bottles on a 16 night cruise..........BUT YOU CAN TAKE TWO BOTTLES ON A THREE NIGHT CRUISE!!! WOOHOO!

And if they offer the drink cards, you (and anyone else) can buy as many cards as you like. And you may spend them as you like.

Walk into the Schooner Bar, yell "Drinks on me!" and make 10 instant new best friends. :D

Two part question:

So if there are 2 adults in a stateroom and you board the ship at separate times (or just not together) and both have 2 bottles, how do they know if the other person has already brought on 2 bottles?

Also, can you place the wine in your suitcase or do you have to carry it on?

Thanks! Susan

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Kind of sad, really, that folks are always trying to wrangle a way to circumvent the rules and cheat. Is this principle what you teach your kids, too?

Sent from my iPad using Forums