A couple of Captains Circle questions ( Elite )

Scorpio41

Yes' date=' you can swap the entire mini-bar set up for two coffee cards. You can also swap out item for item--want Sprite instead of Coke? No problem. One alcohol product for another, also no problem.

Yes, your card is color coded and electronically coded to show your status.

Afternoon tea in your cabin is complimentary...so not sure what you mean by "worth it." It is the same tea as is served in one of the dining rooms daily with the same munchies...they just bring it to your cabin. Yes, you can request coffee.[/quote']

Just call room service for the drink swap out. It is the first thing on our to do list for most cruises when we get on board.

Another question regarding the Captain’s Circle levels:

If you meet the requirements for a higher level, it doesn’t take effect until your next cruise, correct?

I’ve seen other cruise lines move up your loyalty level for that cruise, if you will move up levels while on that cruise.

Just want to make sure I’ve got it right, we are working on adding some days and our first cruise was an 8 day, which throws off the number of days as all of our future cruises are 10 day multiples.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Your level does take effect on the following cruise. Sound like you might be trying to get there by days, not sure. Either way, if you hit 150 days or 15 cruises on the first of a B2B, you may need to buy the cruise as 2 segments. Buying it as a single cruise, may not get you the step up in level after the first segment.

Sorry, I am not sure it is on Princess.com anywhere, We always find a card in our cabin the day we arrive with the OBC amount on it. We have 46 six or so cruises, so for the last 25 we have gotten the award. If you do not, go see the Captain's Circle rep.

BTW, it is one award per cabin. SO if the person with you is eligible, they may get the award.

Many thanks to everyone who responded. Will check with the Captain's Circle re if we don't see a card. In the past either we've overlooked the card among all the paperwork awaiting when you board or maybe mistook the OBC as being from our travel agent. Thanks again to all for the good information.

Lyn

Sorry, I am not sure it is on Princess.com anywhere, We always find a card in our cabin the day we arrive with the OBC amount on it. We have 46 six or so cruises, so for the last 25 we have gotten the award. If you do not, go see the Captain's Circle rep.

BTW, it is one award per cabin. SO if the person with you is eligible, they may get the award.

I think you will find that if Princess considers the two passengers in the cabin to be unrelated then both may receive the loyalty OBC.

Unrelated could be different last names and different addresses.

Or maybe just different addresses in the case of siblings, cousins or parent / adult child travelling together.

I have shared a cabin with an unrelated person on occasion and we both received it no problem

We also received the Military OBC each, but had to share the Stockholder OBC

Your level does take effect on the following cruise. Sound like you might be trying to get there by days, not sure. Either way, if you hit 150 days or 15 cruises on the first of a B2B, you may need to buy the cruise as 2 segments. Buying it as a single cruise, may not get you the step up in level after the first segment.

Yes, you do get the step up at the end of the qualifying segment.

However, the new cruise cards will be prepared before the end of that segment and thus may not show your new status. Also, if your cruise card covered the entire voyage, you would not automatically get a new cruise card anyway. So if you know you will be eligible for a step up for the next segment, speak with the CC rep during the first segment to make it happen.

• 1 year later...

I'm surprised how difficult the answer to this question is to find, so I'll ask here...

My parents are CC Elite. They are looking to book a cruise for a total of 9 people (them, their children, and grandchildren) in three cabins. Will their elite status be carried across all three cabins if it's paid/booked by them? The on-board amenities would be nice, but I think priority embarkation and debarkation would be the most valuable as a whole family.

Edited by pseudoswede

45 minutes ago, pseudoswede said:

I'm surprised how difficult the answer to this question is to find, so I'll ask here...

My parents are CC Elite. They are looking to book a cruise for a total of 9 people (them, their children, and grandchildren) in three cabins. Will their elite status be carried across all three cabins if it's paid/booked by them? The on-board amenities would be nice, but I think priority embarkation and debarkation would be the most valuable as a whole family.

It has been our experience it does not cover across to those traveling with an elite. We had 4 rooms booked in 2018 and our status did not carry over to the others.

Embarkation priority is not always followed. How early is your group showing up? The big thing they are trying to avoid is long lines by spreading arrival times out. Are you arriving with a Princess transfer? If so, they typically will take you right in. We have seen groups taken from our hotel as early as 9:30 with no preference to Elite.

Also, is this a medallion cruise? If so has everyone ordered their medallions? If everyone has a medallion, embarkation will be quicker.

8 minutes ago, TheRabbit said:

It has been our experience it does not cover across to those traveling with an elite. We had 4 rooms booked in 2018 and our status did not carry over to the others.

Embarkation priority is not always followed. How early is your group showing up? The big thing they are trying to avoid is long lines by spreading arrival times out. Are you arriving with a Princess transfer? If so, they typically will take you right in. We have seen groups taken from our hotel as early as 9:30 with no preference to Elite.

Also, is this a medallion cruise? If so has everyone ordered their medallions? If everyone has a medallion, embarkation will be quicker.

We haven't even booked the cruise yet. We were supposed to go on an overseas trip, but things happened recently, so we decided to replace it with an Alaskan cruise.

So the other strategy would be to book my parents each into a different cabin, correct?

4 minutes ago, pseudoswede said:

We haven't even booked the cruise yet. We were supposed to go on an overseas trip, but things happened recently, so we decided to replace it with an Alaskan cruise.

So the other strategy would be to book my parents each into a different cabin, correct?

Hmmmm, 2 parent, 3 cabins. Is this a new King Solomon dilemma?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pseudoswede said:

Well, at least get Elite benefits in two out of three cabins.

That you will. We have done this type of switcheroo for the benefit of lowering the deposit for our friends.

In the end no cruise line was hurt in the process!

In most cases for the most desirable benefits, cruisers will have to show their cruise card.

Edited by TheRabbit

1 hour ago, pseudoswede said:

Will you all be able to board together - probably if you all arrive together.

Only those in elite cabins will receive the free laundry

Priority tender ports - I have seen it both ways.

10% boutique discount. It goes by passenger. Have the parents place any purchases on their accounts.

Mini bar will only be set up if an elite is booked in the cabin.

Free internet minutes goes by passenger. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, voljeep said:

link to specific policy ?   thanks

Pretty simple. Free laundry is for passengers that are elite Captain's Circle loyalty status. If a cabin has no booked elite passengers laundry will have a charge. Passengers in full suites receive free laundry regardless of Captain's Circle status.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skynight said:

Pretty simple. Free laundry is for passengers that are elite Captain's Circle loyalty status. If a cabin has no booked elite passengers laundry will have a charge. Passengers in full suites receive free laundry regardless of Captain's Circle status.

Not entirely true. Person who is elite needs their info on the laundry tag. If someone else puts down their name and signs, the room will be billed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skynight said:

suites, I understand as all passengers have paid the price

'regular cabins' - is it a cabin benefit or only for the eliteist in the cabin … 

or is it a wink..wink abuse of a perk 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRabbit said:

Not entirely true. Person who is elite needs their info on the laundry tag. If someone else puts down their name and signs, the room will be billed.

the eliteist puts their name on the tag … and then includes all laundry for the other room occupants ?

I would only book this way if you think the extra mini bar would be a big deal. People have enough of a delay with laundry without adding extra stuff from passengers who aren't Elite. Just my opinion and I'm sure there are many who don't agree with me.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 1:20 PM, pseudoswede said:

Perhaps your folks can book suites for the rest of the family ... that would extend some special benefits to the rest of their entourage.