Thoughts on dining venues

ShawRuff

What are your thoughts when dining venues? I think they look interesting. I would switch from aqua class to regular if it will not increase the costs.

Our thoughts are the opposite. So happy we booked AQ with BLU. One place to go to, fairly set menus and routiine.. Avoids the "dine around " plan and need to make ressies...

Lucky for all of us.. there will be many choices,

On the 12/1 preview sailing but keep getting " Sorry, we cannot reserve this right now" when trying to book speciality dining. Have tried logging in with user ID and reservation #, same issue. Anyone else experience this issue? Gotta love Celebrity's website! :')
Have you tried calling to verify if it is the website or not?

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Yup, on with Captain's Club right now and they can't figure it out either :(

I Am almost tempted to suggest that X needs to have a line just to assist passengers in making changes who cannot access the website....

I do not think there would be enough individuals to staff that call center....

Sorry you are having issues with the site. I very rarely have issues with it, maybe I do not log on often enough to experience it?

bon voyage

I must say I think the dining options with the different complimentary MDR's looks great. I was in Aqua Class last time I sailed Celebrity but I think this could tempt me into a standard balcony or edge balcony but I think I might wait till the ship or a sister ship comes to Europe!

I must say I think the dining options with the different complimentary MDR's looks great. I was in Aqua Class last time I sailed Celebrity but I think this could tempt me into a standard balcony or edge balcony but I think I might wait till the ship or a sister ship comes to Europe!

Edge will be in the Europe between May 2019 and November 2019:).

What are your thoughts when dining venues? I think they look interesting. I would switch from aqua class to regular if it will not increase the costs.

I was pleasantly surprised with the 'reveal'. There's a lot to like about the changes. My thoughts in no particular order :-

It's good to see more choices with the MDR. I'm sure those on longer cruises and back to backs will appreciate the change of scenery now they have four dining rooms to choose from. With the unique 25% menu choices passengers choices have doubled, in theory.

Blu, genuinely disappointed they didn't eliminate it. It's old, tired and boring and food quality has certainly slipped. I'd have been pleased if it had been completely replaced with a new concept for aqua class. I appreciate how important it is to have standardisation across the fleet, but I believe it would have been better to replace Blu.

Luminae, still relatively new so no surprises to see it stay at present.

Tuscan Grill, again, glad to see it replaced.

Qsine, it's fun the first time you go. It's more fun if there's a group of you, but once you've been there it gets very boring quickly. Very pleased to see it replaced.

Murano, my favourite restaurant but hoping the replacements are as good if not better

Raw on 5 sounds great and an improvement on Sushi on 5.

The magic carpet may be seen as a gimmick, and it is. But I believe a lot of passengers with mobility issues will love it when tendering. And it could well be a pleasant area to dine on, so time will tell.

Eden, looks good but need to experience it first hand to have any kind of meaningful thoughts.

I note the costs of specialty dining are a lot more than the current offerings. The current restaurants are forever discounting Qsine, Tuscon and Murano. I suspect the prices of the new eateries have been inflated ready to discount to the levels they're currently failing to achieve.

I was thinking of cancelling our Jan 2019 cruise as the itinerary is pretty boring. When I saw the reveal I realised 7 nights is not long enough and that I might extend with a B2B as dining is an important part of cruising for us.

1. I guess the First Cut Steakhouse will be the romantic, special occasion, venue a la Murano on the S-class ships?

No tablesite preperation like Murano, tho?

2. Does anyone know where the Martini Bar will be, and if it will be bigger than that on the S-class ships?

It is a very popular venue, but it is hard to get a seat to join in the fun.

3. Will The Club be a real late-night venue with live entertainment ... or just a EDM site ... or Quasar redux ?

I have not kept up with any of this..........so there will be no main dining room......?...........oh....I see now, more than 1......I guess I will have to see how it goes......I always sail solo and don't want to make reservations this far ahead. I wonder if you can eat as a regular guest........will have to research a bit more.........I have a booking for January.

Can anyone post a link to the sample menus...esp Steakhouse and Garden Grill?

Have not seen very much about BLU,,,,,

I’ve already done this on more than one edge thread, including the “blocks” thread on which you posted these questions this morning.

I was thinking of cancelling our Jan 2019 cruise as the itinerary is pretty boring. When I saw the reveal I realised 7 nights is not long enough and that I might extend with a B2B as dining is an important part of cruising for us.

Join us on the April TA, and you’ll have 15 nights in which to explore the new venues;).

I’ve already done this on more than one edge thread, including the “blocks” thread on which you posted these questions this morning.

Thanks..will look there.

Just too many threads ..confusing!

Found them.,,thanks again!

Great:). You’re quite welcome. I agree that there are too many threads on similar topics. It’s very confusing. I noticed people were asking the same questions that had been asked and answered earlier on other threads, so I eventually posted links in several places. At least one other person was doing the same, but there was still a lot of confusion on the board. BTW that Blu menu looks very appealing. It’s going to be lovely to have so many dining choices. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Cheers!

.......I was thinking of cancelling our Jan 2019 cruise as the itinerary is pretty boring. When I saw the reveal I realised 7 nights is not long enough and that I might extend with a B2B as dining is an important part of cruising for us.

I think that’s a great idea! We booked a B2B on the March Caribbean Cruises even though we’ve been to those ports too much.....will enjoy the ship.

We did book a few of the cooking classes in the ports so along with the great sounding 4 main dining experiences I’ll need to walk a lot.

I think the new venues sound fantastic.

And hello to Lois. I haven’t been on line much but good to be back and ‘see’ you. Looking forward to reading your opinion of the Edge in January

Den

I think that’s a great idea! We booked a B2B on the March Caribbean Cruises even though we’ve been to those ports too much.....will enjoy the ship.

We did book a few of the cooking classes in the ports so along with the great sounding 4 main dining experiences I’ll need to walk a lot.

I think the new venues sound fantastic.

And hello to Lois. I haven’t been on line much but good to be back and ‘see’ you. Looking forward to reading your opinion of the Edge in January

Den

Hi Denny:) I don't post on this forum much at all anymore either and good to see you too. Not sure I am still going but if I do I will give you my opinion.