Are You Amped About Sky Princess 2019?

need2cruisesoon

52 minutes ago, dides said:

Here's a mini-suite picture (from Tony Roberts, VP of Princess UK)

skyminisuite.JPG

Thanks for posting.  I just compared it to a mini I had on the Royal and it looks smaller.  On the Royal there was an end table next to the couch and a barrel chair next to the desk by the slider.

10 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

Thanks for posting.  I just compared it to a mini I had on the Royal and it looks smaller.  On the Royal there was an end table next to the couch and a barrel chair next to the desk by the slider.

Hmm, looks like the end table has been replaced by fixed wall room dividers? Wasn't there just curtains before?

Sandra

6 minutes ago, dides said:

Hmm, looks like the end table has been replaced by fixed wall room dividers? Wasn't there just curtains before?

Sandra

Or maybe it's an artist's rendering.  I went back and looked at actual room pics from Marine Interiors on insta and although they didn't show a full room view, there was no wall partition and I did notice an edge from a table next to the couch.  Can't wait for actual pics from passengers!

1 minute ago, dides said:

Sandra

I think you nailed it, Sandra. I just looked at the Sky Princess accommodations photo & diagram of layout: both of them show just the curtain and not the fixed walls on both sides of the cabin.

It will be interesting to see the cabin from the balcony end of the room: maybe there is additional open shelving on the ‘living room’ side of those new walls...one can hope...

I also noted in the photo dides posted (and gave credit to Tony Roberts, VP Princess UK) there appears to be a suitcase in the lower right corner of the picture so I’m guessing this is/was Mr Roberts’ cabin at the time the photo was taken.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

Or maybe it's an artist's rendering.  I went back and looked at actual room pics from Marine Interiors on insta and although they didn't show a full room view, there was no wall partition and I did notice an edge from a table next to the couch.  Can't wait for actual pics from passengers!

No this is an actual photo of Tony's stateroom while he is doing PR stuff on the Sky this week.

Sandra

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

hopefully just a rendering.  I dont really like that wall piece, nor see the purpose of it.  It also kinda makes the room feel tighter. I don't see how it adds anything. An end table right there would be more more practical.

4 minutes ago, FloaterBoat said:

hopefully just a rendering.  I dont really like that wall piece, nor see the purpose of it.  It also kinda makes the room feel tighter. I don't see how it adds anything. An end table right there would be more more practical.

I'm not that technical and don't know how to upload an insta post, wish I could because what Marine Interiors posted does show an end table and does not show the wall piece.  I know it was posted on this thread awhile ago if you feel like digging around for it.

8 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

I'm not that technical and don't know how to upload an insta post, wish I could because what Marine Interiors posted does show an end table and does not show the wall piece.  I know it was posted on this thread awhile ago if you feel like digging around for it.

oh it's super easy on here.  Click the 3 dots above the picture on insta, click the copy link button, and just paste it in your post here.  This site automatically embeds it for you. 🙂

Edited by FloaterBoat

17 minutes ago, FloaterBoat said:

‘This video has a quick clip of a mini suite and those walls are not there and you can see the side table next to the sofa.  Maybe this cabin is a one-off and those walls hide some ducting or something?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LongToSeeTheSea said:

‘This video has a quick clip of a mini suite and those walls are not there and you can see the side table next to the sofa.  Maybe this cabin is a one-off and those walls hide some ducting or something?

Thank you! 

18 hours ago, 1emerald1 said:

If you do the Chef's Table or Wine Maker's could you post the menu when you get back?  Thanks, hope you have a great cruise, I won't be on her til March.

Here are photos of the menu from the Royal Princess when we sailed with you in the Spring which has been the same since our first WD in 2013.  Also here’s a link to the 3 menus which each time has been the Mondavi menu because they say it’s their most popular menu.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/wine_makers_menu_2-oct-13_without_price.pdf

D7941E76-36C2-4374-899E-54449FB55888.jpeg

8CF7B03A-4120-41B7-BA56-62790D4942C2.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Based on the deck plans both restaurants will have some outside alfresco dining. 

These photos of the new Al Fresco dining have me a bit worried, as we were hoping to make great use of them. With so little covering overhead, on full sun or raining days, they will be somewhat uncomfortable if not downright unusable. I had hoped that Princess would have emulated NCL in that regard, as some of the NCL ships do the Al Fresco dining thing quite well, IMHO, at least from the standpoint of having full overhead covering.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Here are photos of the menu from the Royal Princess when we sailed with you in the Spring which has been the same since our first WD in 2013.  Also here’s a link to the 3 menus which each time has been the Mondavi menu because they say it’s their most popular menu.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/wine_makers_menu_2-oct-13_without_price.pdf

D7941E76-36C2-4374-899E-54449FB55888.jpeg

8CF7B03A-4120-41B7-BA56-62790D4942C2.jpeg

Thank you!

1 minute ago, lx200gps said:

These photos of the new Al Fresco dining have me a bit worried, as we were hoping to make great use of them. With so little covering overhead, on full sun or raining days, they will be somewhat uncomfortable if not downright unusable. I had hoped that Princess would have emulated NCL in that regard, as some of the NCL ships do the Al Fresco dining thing quite well, IMHO, at least from the standpoint of having full overhead covering.

I’m just sad that my favourite seating area has been taken over for al fresco dining on both sides ☹️. Also wondering how many people will sit there long after their meals are over, nursing a coffee, and keeping others from the al fresco dining, because the views of the water will be stunning. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

I wonder the same thing...maybe it’s the same people who put a water light show on a moving ship which I don’t see in photos of the Sky.

2 hours ago, 1emerald1 said:

It is an actual picture.    🤔

2 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Based on this photo Princess Live is open to the hallway with furniture that’s more like a lounge than a TV studio...the Sky’s version looks more like the Explorers Lounge that was eliminated from Royal-class ships.

5BC4BE61-CA6B-4809-87E6-9F1A90C7A40E.jpeg

A LOT more appealing than the original.  

I hate that old space.

• Like 1