Making the cut for Most Travelled Passeger event - recent experience

Waynetor

We just recently finished 56 days of bouncing around the Caribbean on 3 different Princessships. For anyone interested in what itmay take to get invited to the Most Travelled Passenger event here is ourrecent experience. We started with 371days at sea with Princess.

De1 - 8 day Crown Princess- just around 3,000 passengers on board. Minimum days to make event around 320. Eventwas a lunch. The captain’s table had 10passengers instead of the usual top 6.

De8 -8 day Crown Princess - Minimum days to make event around 340. Event was a lunch.

De17 - 5 day Crown Princess - Minimum days to make event around 320. Event was a cocktail party. Various treats were brought around on trays –nothing like the stuff served as the Captain Circle party. Just over two-thirds of the passengers onthis voyage were blue cards and my guess the average age dropped by about 15years. Lots of children. They only needed to do a single CaptainCircle party- 127 elite and around 325 platinum. Third most was 531 days, second was low 666and top was 1,041 days

De22 - 14 day Pacific Princess – 681 passengers on board. Minimum days to make event was 387. Our last 5 day had not yet been updated inthe computer list and we had position 39 and 40. Event was a cocktail party with a beautifultable of treats set up in the library. Theybrought around trays of drinks but you could get any drink you wanted. The next voyage for the Pacific Princess wasthe start of the world cruise. Therewere 15 passengers on this trip doing the first segment to LA and 15 more doingthe full 111 days back to Ft. Lauderdale. I would imagine making the top 40 list would take real big numbers onthat voyage. The most traveled passengeron the 14 day itinerary had 1,750 days and he was staying on. By the time he finished the world cruise hewould be at 1,875. I’m not sure if hehas done that all as a single but he was single on our voyage and he onlystarted with Princess in 2003.

Ja7 - 7 day Regal Princess – 3,617 passengers. Minimum days to make event was 361. Event was a lunch.

Ja14 - 7 day Regal Princess - Minimum days to make event was 399. Event was a lunch. Third most was high 1,300’s, second was low1,400’s and top was over 1,500 days.

There were 666 passengers in transit from prior week.

Ja21 - 7 day Regal Princess - Minimum days to make event was 446 (that a big jumpover the last couple weeks, seems once the Christmas Holiday period is over more people do multiple B2B. Event was a lunch. After making 6 straight events, we did notmake the cut that time.

There were 905 platinum and 506 elite. Thirdmost was 1,358, second was 1,370 and top was 1,528 days.

There were 447 passengers in transit from prior week.

Thelast time we did several Caribbean cruises in a row was Jan – March 2015. Then we did 4 times 7 days and 3 times 10 daycruises. We made the invite on 3 of the7 day and were way short on the 10 day voyages. The cutoff back then was over 420 on each of the 10 day sailing. I would suspect that passengers that justwant to spend a couple months bouncing around the Caribbean would prefer the 10day voyages as less time is wasted going back to Ft. Lauderdale hence thehigher number.

We were invited to a most traveled passenger cocktail party on the Caribbean Princess last summer. Not a great experience and we doubt we would attend another one. We had just been to dinner, so weren’t too interested in the appetizers. We got a picture with the Captain as we entered. We sat at a table for four. Ships officers joined us for a bit of small talk. Had a couple glasses of wine. Left as soon as we had an opportunity. We enjoy cruising and all the great things that go with it, but attending functions or being recognized just because we have done it a lot isn’t necessary or desired. Great for others.

Edited by billco

We have a grand total of 95 days. That's after a 28 day cruise last fall. On a cruise before that, with only 67 days at sea with Princess, we were invited to a luncheon that included the Captain, the most traveled passengers, etc. There were so few Platinum and Elite passengers that they rolled everything into one function. They did the Most Traveled presentation at the gathering. It was a bit sad as they announced that anybody who wanted could have their picture taken with the captain but nobody took him up on it. It's likely the only time we will ever be included. As you can likely guess, it was an Alaskan cruise. They pulled my invitation for the drawing and I won some "really swell" champagne.

Thanks for posting your experience. We're a long way from getting an invitation to a most-traveled party on a cruise from Florida. My only hope is that I can find a bargain this summer for Alaska. Our 157 days probably won't get us there on any other itinerary.

On longer cruises such as transatlantic cruises the onboard Captain’s Circle rep mostly just smiles & politely says no. ;)

With over 400 days we rarely get an invitation on these longer cruises & last October on the Royal’s TA she said the cutoff was over 600 days to be invited to the MTP event.

I only go if there's a good prize...no cheap champagne for me, better be good or no show. Princess doesn't care whether we show up or not, they get to keep their cheap bottle of champagne. Even for the "Captains" night for platinum's, elites, and suites, you get a drink and a jar of peanuts. Really Princess? We've spent over $500,000 on cruising on your line and all that's offered at a "party" is a drink and a jar of peanuts. So, we don't go, it's SOS.

Thanks for posting your experience. We're a long way from getting an invitation to a most-traveled party on a cruise from Florida. My only hope is that I can find a bargain this summer for Alaska. Our 157 days probably won't get us there on any other itinerary.

We have two Alaska this year.. The first is April out of LA, and since it's the first one, we are a long way from being invited. Our second is 7 days out of Seattle in September - we'll have about 170, probably still not enough, but our last Alaska had less than 100 Elites, so I can hope just as you do.

I only go if there's a good prize...no cheap champagne for me, better be good or no show. Princess doesn't care whether we show up or not, they get to keep their cheap bottle of champagne. Even for the "Captains" night for platinum's, elites, and suites, you get a drink and a jar of peanuts. Really Princess? We've spent over $500,000 on cruising on your line and all that's offered at a "party" is a drink and a jar of peanuts. So, we don't go, it's SOS.
I don’t know about champagne but the luncheon is usually outstanding... hardly a drink and peanuts. Captain’s choice whether to host a luncheon or cocktail party for the 40 “most traveled.” The vast majority are a luncheon. Went to the Most Traveled cocktail party last night on the Ruby and the drinks and hors d’oeuvres were outstanding. Particularly the lobster followed by the chocolate “popsicles” that were like chocolate mousse encased in a chocolate crust. Yummy. Never made it to dinner there was so much food and it was so delicious.

BTW, Princess DOES care whether you RSVP. If you don’t, they will invite the next Most Traveled. If you don’t show up after RSVP’ing “Yes”, that’s kind of rude as there’ll be empty places at the luncheon table.

We have two Alaska this year.. The first is April out of LA, and since it's the first one, we are a long way from being invited. Our second is 7 days out of Seattle in September - we'll have about 170, probably still not enough, but our last Alaska had less than 100 Elites, so I can hope just as you do.

It’s been my experience on Alaska cruises that because there are so many first time Princess passengers you have a better chance to make the cutoff than when cruising to other destinations.

I was #7 just after reaching the elite level but all 4 times in Alaska (and on several CA Coastals) it was an evening cocktail party.

So don’t give up hope & you could ask the Captain’s Circle rep if you’ll be invited. On a Hawaii cruise she said we’d receive an invitation to our only lunch to date. It never arrived so we contacted her again & she printed our invitation. Mistakes are made so it doesn’t hurt to ask the rep if making the cut.

And hopefully to not see a polite smile while being being told no. ;)

I think you're confusing the most traveled event with the repeaters party.

At the repeaters function they no longer serve ordered drinks unless you're willing to pay for them. :(

At the MTP anything your order is unlimited.

On the Royal last cruise the cutoff was 560 or so. The event was a cocktail party & the food was spectacular.

On this cruise the Capt circle host still refuses to give out any details. She's extremely tight with any information & doesn't like to send out any invitations till the last moment. I suspect the cutoff to be similar to last cruise.

Two years ago on a Northbound Coral Alaskan cruise we were Number 1 with about 550 days. It was a cocktail party and only the 30 elites were invited.

Paul - we have finally become Elite and our next cruise is an Alaskan cruise tour in July. I don't expect to make the cut but one never knows!

We have been occasionally invited, and always attend. The luncheons are amazing and the cocktail parties have awesome appetizers. Not your normal cruise fair!

Last cruise we didn’t get an invite so assumed we didn’t make the cut 😩. But then we got a phone call from the Capt Circle lady saying we didn’t rsvp.. told her we never received an invite.. she immediately rectified that by sending another and we had a lovely lunch. So errors do happen .. just FYI... we are close to 600 days now, with 90 more coming up this year 😜

We are honored to attend and love chatting with the officers .

Paul - we have finally become Elite and our next cruise is an Alaskan cruise tour in July. I don't expect to make the cut but one never knows!

Congrats to you and Richard for making Elite.

Alaska is usually the easiest way to get to the MTP function. We went 2 years ago and there were 1600 first timers on the Coral.

We have been invited once, we didn't have a lot of days at that one. Can't remember how many. It was lovely. Last year we received an invite at the last minute due to a cancellation but had to refuse because we already had other plans with friends. We have about 250 days.

Sarah

Several years ago we were invited to the MTP luncheon because they misplaced our luggage and we didn't get it until that evening when I spotted it sitting somewhere on Deck 5 or 7. I had had a few conversations with the CC fellow about this before we found it so I guess the lunch invite was to make up for our inconvenience. Currently we're at 347 days so we're getting closer to more frequent invites depending on the pax mix on future cruises.

Those numbers seem really high for making the cut. We've made it quite a few times and we have no where near 320+ days.

I agree on the Pacific Princess lunch. Sandy does a terrific job with organizing it and it was probably the best done MTP event we've been to so far. The risotto and DH's salmon were the best we've ever had.

We got off the Grand last Monday from a 10-night Mexican Riviera out of SFO and there were no jars of nuts at the Captain Circle reception. Just watered down drinks.

Paul