Not a happy camper on FOS & C&A coupons

We have been on the Freedom since Saturday and have not had not even one coupon applied towards ANY Crown & Anchor discounts.

I finally asked why? And was told by the bar staff YOU have to ASK for it and it is not automatic.

Seriously Royal, really? Maybe we need to go back to coupons.

As it is stated in your paper in your stateroom, it’s easy! :( Used to be they were applied automatically but not on Freedom. Very disappointed as we are getting the feeling there’s no extra effort given here for loyalty

I will visit loyalty ambassador tomorrow and discuss our concerns. Meanwhile fold read and heed

We have been on the Freedom since Saturday and have not had not even one coupon applied towards ANY Crown & Anchor discounts.

I finally asked why? And was told by the bar staff YOU have to ASK for it and it is not automatic.

As it is stated in your paper in your stateroom, it’s easy! :( Used to be they were applied automatically but not on Freedom. Very disappointed as we are getting the feeling there’s no extra effort given here for loyalty

I will visit loyalty ambassador tomorrow and discuss our concerns. Meanwhile fold read and heed

While I do understand your frustration we have always let them know when we wanted our coupon applied. Some people don’t always want to use up their coupons during the first couple of days and there is no way for them to know when you are ready to apply a particular coupon.

On the first day I go to any bar and ask them to print out my eligible coupons and I keep them in my lanyard so I am sure to use the ones I want...when I want to use them. Coupons such as the BOGO on beer and wine I may like to save for later in the week.

Again I am sorry you are upset, but I am just not understanding why.

But I do hope you have a wonderful cruise. The Freedom is a great ship!!

Reallly? I just got off Freedom on Saturday before you got on. Had no problem using my diamond coupons at any bar, the shops and the main dining room. All I had to say when handing over my card was "please use my diamond coupon". Easy peasy.

I can understand your frustration but rest assured they can be applied after the fact. Probably a simple call to guest services would be easier. I have some understanding for them wanting you to request though as sometimes I would not want to use the coupon on certain purchases, but would rather save them for a more expensive purchase thus more savings to me. Unless you are talking about being charged for your 3 drinks during happy hour for being diamond, then that would become very aggravating as those first three drinks should absolutely be automatically comped!

You're on a cruise. Maybe lighten up and and enjoy yourself? I get touching base with someone on staff. But you actually felt the need to come on here and complain about this?

Just making people aware, not complaining , stating a fact. When things change people should be notified, just stating facts

I can understand your frustration but rest assured they can be applied after the fact. Probably a simple call to guest services would be easier. I have some understanding for them wanting you to request though as sometimes I would not want to use the coupon on certain purchases, but would rather save them for a more expensive purchase thus more savings to me. Unless you are talking about being charged for your 3 drinks during happy hour for being diamond, then that would become very aggravating as those first three drinks should absolutely be automatically comped!

When things change folks should be told. That’s about all I was saying. This in #32 with royal.

Just making people aware, not complaining , stating a fact. When things change people should be notified, just stating facts

It had been this way for several years on every Royal ship we have sailed on....

Reallly? I just got off Freedom on Saturday before you got on. Had no problem using my diamond coupons at any bar, the shops and the main dining room. All I had to say when handing over my card was "please use my diamond coupon". Easy peasy.

They were not applicable in the dining room. Not for us.

I was on Freedom in January and experienced the same thing. Not a big deal having to ask, but I do remember when they would ask you if you wanted to apply the discount. Just need to be aware what you are entitled to.

Guest services can correct this.

Now I am confused Do Diamond and up not have 3 drinks loaded on their seapass to be used betweenn 5pm & 8:30pm

Ontario Cruiser

Yes, they are on your card but you still have to tell the bar tender to use them.

Keep in mind, if they used the coupons automatically, there would be a different set of people that would be upset. Let's say I want use a buy one get one free on two expensive glasses of wine for my anniversary on day 3. But when I try, I'm upset to find that the bartender already used my coupon on the two cheap drinks I ordered right after boarding on day one. So which policy is better - automatically using discounts or waiting for the customer to ask?

They were not applicable in the dining room. Not for us.

Check the paperwork that you got in your cabin. On the back where it lists the available drinks during happy hour mine said in any bar, lounge or dining room. My waiter used a coupon for my wine every night.

Keep in mind, if they used the coupons automatically, there would be a different set of people that would be upset. Let's say I want use a buy one get one free on two expensive glasses of wine for my anniversary on day 3. But when I try, I'm upset to find that the bartender already used my coupon on the two cheap drinks I ordered right after boarding on day one. So which policy is better - automatically using discounts or waiting for the customer to ask?

That's true but in the past they would always ask if you wanted to use the discount. Still your decision.

Wait a minute.....are we being trolled?? Didn't you have to sign a slip showing how much you paid? All you had to do was pay attention to it and you would have seen the coupon was not applied. I'm gonna put this one on you for not paying attention, not the RCCL staff.

They can be applied after the fact. Guest services can handle it. They did mine. I did write on my receipt D+ coupon SHOULD have been given. L

Sorry you had any problems. Please come back and tell us your conversation with the LA.

In our experiences, we tell the staff if we intend to use a coupon for any of the allowable goods or services. Once we do that we have rarely if ever have any problem. Even if we get a drink during the cocktail hours, we hand the bar tender the card and say, "Please use the Diamond Drink voucher please."

good luck

M

umm its been like that on every ship we have taken over the last few years. common sense to me is letting the server know up front you will be using a coupon.

I would much rather have to let the server know to use a coupon than to have them do it automatically. It would be nice if they asked but if I can't depend on them to ask me then I would much rather that I let them know when to apply it instead of them deciding.