Princess is dropping some cruise prices as of today

moki'smommy

Yes, I'm that compulsive person and look at my cruises almost every day...and the price of my fall cruise went down by $300 pp today. We will lose some perks, but even with that will save $100 pp. We had a good deal to begin with and I honestly didn't think it could get any better.

Yes' date=' I'm that compulsive person and look at my cruises almost every day...and the price of my fall cruise went down by $300 pp today. We will lose some perks, but even with that will save $100 pp. We had a good deal to begin with and I honestly didn't think it could get any better.[/quote']

I check daily, too!

Yes' date=' I'm that compulsive person and look at my cruises almost every day...and the price of my fall cruise went down by $300 pp today. We will lose some perks, but even with that will save $100 pp. We had a good deal to begin with and I honestly didn't think it could get any better.[/quote']

There prices are too high.

Question for those in the know! I have booked a cruise for August, 2019. I know there won't be any sales on this sailing for awhile. But when they do come, what happens if you have booked a stateroom in a category that is "sold out?" As of today, that is the status of my category!!!!!!!! Don't see how this can be true so far out; but if it is, am I stuck if there are any drops in prices? I will keep looking because maybe the "sold out" sign will disappear, but looking doubtful. So am I out of luck?

Pooh

This will be my first time on a Princess cruise. It's a transatlantic from Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton. Does Princess ever offer price breaks on transatlantic cruises? I have looked for drink packages and haven't found any for alcohol. Does Princess offer any kind of alcohol packages? Thanks everybody.

Question for those in the know! I have booked a cruise for August, 2019. I know there won't be any sales on this sailing for awhile. But when they do come, what happens if you have booked a stateroom in a category that is "sold out?" As of today, that is the status of my category!!!!!!!! Don't see how this can be true so far out; but if it is, am I stuck if there are any drops in prices? I will keep looking because maybe the "sold out" sign will disappear, but looking doubtful. So am I out of luck?

Pooh

If the category is really sold out, there is no price available to check.

And if the cruise is that popular, if a cabin did become available in your category it would most likely not be at a sale price.

By the way, can your cruise be sold multiple ways, for example as part of a single booking for a B2B? If so, your category may not be sold out, but cabins in it are being kept available for purchase the other way(s) it can be sold.

This will be my first time on a Princess cruise. It's a transatlantic from Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton. Does Princess ever offer price breaks on transatlantic cruises? I have looked for drink packages and haven't found any for alcohol. Does Princess offer any kind of alcohol packages? Thanks everybody.

They offer drink specials in the summer for the following year usually were drinks are included. Called Sip and Sail specials.

Yes, spring transatlantics do drop in price, fall ones usually don't but I have seen some specials on some very late ones.

Yes, they offer drink packages, but you'd need to drink a lot more than I do to make them a good value. You should be able to see them in the personalizer.

Do you check the Princess website for prices, or is there any other venue (i.e., cruise compete)? I check cruise compete about every month or so, and the prices for our cruise in July have gone down about $1500 (total) since we booked. (!!)

No changes on mine. Of course I have refared 3 times so far :D

Tom

LOL:D. Guess it pays to be compulsive!

Thanks for sharing the info.

When I signed into Princess account on Sunday, a pop-up opened saying that my December cruise had come down in price by $125 per person. I emailed my TA, and they checked with Princess. This reduction was only for our booking, and Princess would not apply this reduction to other people booked on same cruise. Apparently it is something done at random. My wife and I are happy, the other ones travelling with us, not so much.