Can YC Guests Utilize Top 19

marcoigna

good day all -

This thread was not intended to start a battle back-forth between different experiences and privileges on MSC Ships - it is just a question.

We are booked on the Meraviglia and looking at the sun deck, there seems to be limited amount of loungers in the Sun....

This being said:

1/ Can YC guests use the facilties offered at the Top 19, as there seems to be more loungers in the Sun

2/ for those that have sailed on the Meraviglia - i cannot tell if the Glass beams in the YC pool area are really blocking the sun as I do see many, many sunny pictures, or were they installed to block the wind. I know the YC pool area, facing forward on all ships that there is 100% a wind issue?

if anyone can shed lite "no pun intended" - that would be wonderful...

good day all -

This thread was not intended to start a battle back-forth between different experiences and privileges on MSC Ships - it is just a question.

We are booked on the Meraviglia and looking at the sun deck, there seems to be limited amount of loungers in the Sun....

This being said:

1/ Can YC guests use the facilties offered at the Top 19, as there seems to be more loungers in the Sun

2/ for those that have sailed on the Meraviglia - i cannot tell if the Glass beams in the YC pool area are really blocking the sun as I do see many, many sunny pictures, or were they installed to block the wind. I know the YC pool area, facing forward on all ships that there is 100% a wind issue?

if anyone can shed lite "no pun intended" - that would be wonderful...

Good morning from midtown TO!

We were able to use Top 18 on Divina and they specifically told us that Yacht Club guests could use ALL of the facilities on board. On Seaside, they would only allow Aurea and Yacht Club guests in to Top 19 from the elevator lobby. So - unless it's different on Meraviglia (possible on MSC!), yes you can use Top 19.

Supposedly some have commented on the boards that it's a bit too shady on Meraviglia's Yacht Club.

Of course YC guest can use ALL passenger areas on the ship. YC guest pay for the full access. The response from Sidari makes no sense...YC pays the highest cost so that area is the most exclusive and therefore accessible to only those who pay for it. That being said if a YC passenger wants to venture outside of their area they can. On both the Divina and the Seaside we were able to show our YC ID and go anywhere, even if it was to "check out the area". On Meraviglia since our YC area is very shaded I will certainly use other areas of the ship to find some sun.

Just going on what I've found on the MSC website (which is always 100% correct ;p).....

Under Yacht Club "World Of Choice"

• Access to all ship's facilities (bars and lounges, specialty restaurants, pools, etc.)

...so I would guess that Yacht Club guests can go anywhere.

I am with Sidari on this! If I have paid for the Aurea and couldn’t get a sun bed in that area and know Yacht club people are in there I would be totally P’d off!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

YC guests may well go to the top 18 sun deck as there are not enough sunloungers on the one deck for all the YC guests if they al go at the same time, eg day at sea

YC guests may well go to the top 18 sun deck as there are not enough sunloungers on the one deck for all the YC guests if they al go at the same time, eg day at sea

Really? That's the first I've heard of that.:eek:

Pete ... The Top 19 on Seaside is also for the Wellness cabin guests as well as Aurea cabins and Suites, there are not enough sunbeds for all those guests on sea days, are they then expected to go to the deck 16 pool because loungers are taken by YC guests ?

DJvand ... Aurea guests pay more than Fantastica and Bella, do you think they would be happy if Aurea guests and Wellness guests began taking up loungers on deck 16 ?

Clearly there is an issue within the YC that needs to be addressed with regards to sun loungers so that those who have paid more do not have to go elsewhere for one.

Really? That's the first I've heard of that.:eek:

I haven't heard of it , I actually fell foul of it on my YC cruise on MERAVIGLIA, so I've experienced it first hand

pete

Looks like this topic hit a nerve. All of the hypothetical situations mean nothing here. I will state it again, plain and simple. YC guest can access ANY passenger area. To answer the OP yes indeed if there is no sun by the YC pool they can access the Top 19, or any area for that matter.

You can be angry about it but those are the rules.

Was just off the Seaside and the were no issues getting a lounge chair at the YC pool on any day of the cruise. This includes 3 sea days with beautiful sunny and warm weather on a sold out Spring Break sailing. Maybe at most 3/4s were taken and even that was rare to see.

I was in YC 2X on the Divina & there were tons of loungers available. I don’t know why any one would even want to venture out of the area, other than to explore & maybe try the other loungers for a little bit. I wouldn’t get so worked up about it. If you’re so worried about it, just book YC :D

Marcoigna ... As with your posted question no malice intended, but would you be happy if the Aurea guests were allowed to use the YC pool and bar and Restaurant?

YC guests have paid to be able to use all areas on the ship.

Is Top19 adults only? If yes, that can be a reason for YC guests to speed time there.

good day all -

I do love these boards as they are wealth of information - however, i do know the way people react sometimes steering away from the OP questions -

This being said -

I am very well aware of the One Pool Area of the Seaside and the Divina as I have sailed both..- i was asking specifically about the Meraviglia as the One Pool is very different from the other 2 ships - with the Glass Panels over the majority part of the One Pool Area -

I am still very eager to know from people who know - does the sun still penetrate via the Panels as I still see the sun in many pictures (and in this case, this thread can be closed as I will get sun) - I am hoping this is the case and the panels are there just for the wind protection -

I originally asked to please NOT get into a debate about the privileges surrounds the different experiences on he ship - i was basically just asking a question - when we were on the Seaside a few weeks back, the only way to the middle to aft part of the ship on the exterior was via the Top 19 - I would find it very strange is they would have said anything to me if I decided to stay there, as I am in the area already -

I am going to assume from the responses that i CAN access all the facilites in Top 19 if my choice to do so - but again, is someone could sheds some light on what the glass panels intentions are on the Meraviglia...

Thank you - and Happy Easter....

one final thought as well -

Some people of this thread are attacking MSC for their choices - i look at it completely different:

If i have paid Top Dollar to enjoy my vacation, i should NOT be limited in any way...

Here would be my examples:

1/ I paid for a First Class ticket on an Airline - however, if I chose to do so I am more than welcome to use the lavatories in Business Class / Premium Economy or Economy Class

2/ When I travel in a Suite aboard Royal Caribbean, I am NOT limited to sit in the "suite section" of the sun deck, i can sit anywhere i want (taking a non-suite guests chair)

3 / When I stay at a hotel in the "Club Level" - i can choose to have breakfast in the lounge or perhaps to downstairs to have breakfast in the restaurant (taking a normal guests seat)

4 / When one stays at certain hotel chains - so for example - the Riu Hotel Chain - If i stay at their "Palace Hotel", i have the ability to eat / drink / lounge at any of their other "club hotels", however the "club hotel guests:: have no access to the Palace Section

5 / When i pick up my car at Budget and I am a preferred guest, I have the ability to use the normal lines if they are shorter.

Soooooo - what I am saying, - before you Attack MSC for their choices, it is better that you lay off of them and take on the entire Travel Industry as these status issues are right across the board - in every aspect of travel....

Greetings

Just off Seaside. There is a gate from the YC deck 19 pool area into the Top19 area on the starboard side of the ship. To get back into the YC area there is a card scanner and a sign that states "YC Only". Seems they have made easy access for YC guests to come and go from the Top19 area so I believe it is ok for YC guests to be there.

Good Sailing

Tom

Everyone take a deep breath :). There is a truth that runs through the entire cruise world (we have cruised on 14 lines) which is that those in high categories can generally (if not always) use everything unique to their category plus all facilities dedicated to lower categories. This is simply the way it has always been. As to sunbeds (loungers) this is a hot button issue on every mass market cruise line. If one does not want to deal with too many passengers for too few loungers...then you can always book an ultra luxury line such as Crystal, Seabourn, Regent, etc. where there are enough loungers to go around :). Lines such as MSC are known as "mass market" because they truly cater to the "masses" and tend to pack in a lot of folks.

A few mass market lines now provide the ability to actually reserve specific sunbeds...but at a high price. For example, Princess lines has a restricted area (on many of their vessels) called the Sanctuary. Any passenger can reserve a sunbed (first come first serve) in that area for about $40 per day.

Hank

Good day all. I didn’t mean to be blunt with my answers. I posted originally that i did not want this to be a debate. It was just a question and a simple yes or no answer would be awesome. I didn’t post to ruffle feathers - it was just an honest question. The Meraviglia IS coming to the Caribbean but in no way is like the YC on Seaside. Thank goodness the repositioning cruise we are on is extremely port intensive so hopefully all will work out well.

Happy Easter to you two!

Good day all. I didn’t mean to be blunt with my answers. I posted originally that i did not want this to be a debate. It was just a question and a simple yes or no answer would be awesome. I didn’t post to ruffle feathers - it was just an honest question. The Meraviglia IS coming to the Caribbean but in no way is like the YC on Seaside. Thank goodness the repositioning cruise we are on is extremely port intensive so hopefully all will work out well.