Project Runway?

BlueHerons

I agree with you about 3,4, and 5 but I think 6 is Margarita because of the bold colors and Latin American influence. 1 and 2 are a toss-up.:confused:

You are right! 1 is actually Michael's. I found this link to his whole collection for fashion week. It's horrible! He did better stuff on the show.

http://ani-izzy.com/2017/10/20/project-runway-s16-michaels-nyfw/

So if 6 is Marguritta, 2 is Kenya.

I'm glad to hear #1 is Michael because I thought with the peplum (ruffle) it might be Kenya's and I know she is a better designer than that.

I thought #6 was Marguerita's because of the colors and the fish. Very island like.

I was hoping #2 was Kenya's as she does like to show the body but could be Kentaro,

so #2 and #4 I was thinking Kentaro and Kenya's

#3 definately Ayana

#5 Brandon's without a doubt

Now I will go check out the link to see how off I was. As I said I was worried about #1 with that ruffle. It's ugly.

I enjoy it. Like most comedy, I like some episodes more than others. I’ve enjoyed SNL since the beginning. Not every skit, but many, especially back in “ the good days” Chevy Chase, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Judie

So, in case the rest of this season (after the twins, I mean...) wasn't devoid enough of drama, the judges decide to send all 5 of the remaining designers to Fashion Week ..............YAWN..............:rolleyes: IMO, neither Margarita nor Kenya can hold a candle to the others, so why are they going? Kenya, after all, has not won a SINGLE challenge throughout the entire competition, and Margarita's dress for tonight's final runway was coming apart in the back because "she didn't expect the model to take off the coat???!!!" Whaaattt??? Katie Holmes was right -- rough draft.

I can't help but wonder if Margarita was allowed to go to fashion week to make up for the TWO giant lapses on Tim's part -- his approval of the Super Woman gown, and then the "Time's up! Oopsie, no fur!" at Mood. Though she got the T.G. save after the first incident and after the second, an extra five (count 'em, FIVE) minutes at Mood, she really was yanked around a bit by Tim's errors this season. (And if I had been among the other designers, I would have overridden Tim's five extra minutes at Mood and insisted that Margarita get ten minutes. Only fair; the other designers didn't consider her as competition, anyway.)

Who knows, maybe next season eight designers will make it to Fashion Week!

I would wear Kentaro's luxurious-looking wrap jacket in a heartbeat. (If I were 40 years younger and considerably hipper, I'd wear the entire look!)

Brandon and Kentaro were shoe-ins for fashion week, with Ayana coming in a close 3rd. From what I could glean from Tim's comments at the end, it appears there will be run-off and only one of the final 2 will actually be walking in the show. I hope Kenya pulls it off. Margarita is annoying me. She seems like a perfectly nice enough person and it may just be that they're focusing on her for dramatic effect, but annoying regardless. While there's the occasional "agghhh, what am I doing?", Brandon and Kentaro just seem so chill overall, like they're enjoying the process. Makes them seem more likable and easy to watch and root for. I guess Ayana seems that way, too. Just doing the work, accepting the critiques.

I was surprised that they liked the shorts so much. When did shorts become cold weather wear? If you wore them in that ice bar you would become a popsicle!

I think the challenge was to create a "high fashion winter look" -- since when did high fashion care about anything as mundane as actual functionality? :D

I always think of that little speech Meryl Streep delivered as the editor of a top fashion magazine in "The Devil Wears Prada" movie -- fashion isn't about what us normal people will go out and buy next week. It's aspirational and trend-setting. So Brandon's look with all the straps, for example, will get modified into something more reasonable for "real people" to wear -- a shirt with a cross-body tie or a short strap dangling from a cinched waist belt. Even most celebrities who buy runway fashion end up having it modified: see-through dresses get lined, shorts become pants, etc.

I agree about the fact that high fashion and runway fashion are not rtw fashion, they get modified for that but impact for editorial and runway is important for aesthetics in fashion.

Also, oh man five minutes in Mood is insane lol I think 30 isn’t enough. I know where the fur is and it had to take her five minutes to get there [emoji6][emoji2]

In the end I kind of love this season, Brandon while maybe not rtw has a really interesting POV and I’d love to see how that is translated into a rtw capsule collection for JCP

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also, oh man five minutes in Mood is insane lol I think 30 isn’t enough. I know where the fur is and it had to take her five minutes to get there [emoji6][emoji2]

I suspect it was a loooong 5 minutes, maybe not including travel and cutting time. :cool:

(realistically, just cutting the fur would take a good chunk of time to do right)

I'm not surprised at all by the fact that they are letting all the designers do a runway collection... It seems to me that whenever they can't really justify picking one designer over the other, they do something that gives more information for the decision.

Brandon and Kentaro were easy picks. Ayana was also, in a way, because she has a distinct POV...the judges always seem to appreciate that...feeling like they "get to know" the designer. Which is what both Kenya and Margarita kind of lack.

I think Kenya makes good looking clothes, and generally, her models look very good...she has flattering silhouettes, etc., but she doesn't really bring anything new to the table...she hasn't ever had a real wow moment, where the judges think they have seen something they haven't seen before. I find Margarita annoying, ever since she flipped on her model and seemed very one way with her model and another in front of the judges. Could be the editing, so benefit of the doubt...I still find her annoying. She has that frantic kind of energy that isn't as much fun to watch...as someone stated earlier.

I seem to recall that 3 for fashion week was the norm...and then there was a period of time where it was 4...I'm happy it'll be back to 3...The judges did note that Kentaro has been hit and miss, but when he hits...it's amazing. Ayana isn't one note...and it'll be interesting to see what she produces, BUT it could bomb as well. So either Kenya or Margarita, with more time could be the big surprise. So why not let them all make a collection? (they are going to anyway, right?)...let us all see it on the broadcast...and then weed out further at that point.

I'm interested to see them all. Makes good tv. And since we all know that there are always more than just the final 3 designer's collections shown...why not let some of the other collections be on the show, if not up for the grand prize?

For the runway preview...since we found out Micheal is the first collection...Collections 3 and 5 are pretty obviously Ayana and Brandon...

but I'm going to say that Collection 2 is Kentaro, I think he really took to heart what the judges said at the end about details being lost on the runway and needing to plan for a big runway. That sleeve detail reminds me of other sleeves he has made, with the extension on the elbow length. They talk about a modern feel as well, and that's more Kentaro than Kenya. I also think that the play of texture is more like him than Kenya...

because I think the talk of all the pleat work for Collection 4 is Kenya, considering that she did that during the show, and also the talk of traditionally inspired seems way more Kenya than Kentaro as well.

Only 3 will be judged for going to fashion week, but they always have more than 3 designers show at fashion week...otherwise, with all the coverage of fashion week, everyone would know who the final 3 are. So more than 3 show at fashion week, but...they only SHOW 3 at fashion week on the show Project Runway.

I liked Margarita, but she's starting to have an (unwarranted) "victim" mentality. Someone seems to have always done her wrong and that's why her garment doesn't get the appreciation she feels it deserves. Maybe $10k and a lot more time will "inspire" her. Kenya may not be a project runway super star, but I think she understands the plus size woman more than any of the others.

I'm glad to hear #1 is Michael because I thought with the peplum (ruffle) it might be Kenya's and I know she is a better designer than that.

I thought #6 was Marguerita's because of the colors and the fish. Very island like.

I was hoping #2 was Kenya's as she does like to show the body but could be Kentaro,

so #2 and #4 I was thinking Kentaro and Kenya's

#3 definately Ayana

#5 Brandon's without a doubt

Now I will go check out the link to see how off I was. As I said I was worried about #1 with that ruffle. It's ugly.

So I believe I wasn't too far off - I now believe #2 is Kenya (based on the fabric) and #4 is Kentaro. I still think Marguerita made the fish dress.