Anthem tribute bands

On 4/16/2018 at 5:08 PM, gaylemh said:

....... The tribute band change each cruise...... 

This is not entirely true. While the tribute bands normally don’t play on b2b cruises, it has happened in the past and DetailedPlanner provided a link above showing us that it will happen again on the April 20 and 27 sailing.

For those looking for tribute bands months from now, I’ve found that the bands webpage will often have dates posted long before RCL will release the info. It is true that dates sometimes change, but those of you scheduled with “Wanted” are in for a real treat. 

I also recommend watching The tribute band in both music hall and 270 as there is a different vibe in each venue. Music hall is like a great club from the 80s and 270 is set up more like a concert with much better sound and lighting.

enjoy 🙂

On 4/15/2019 at 6:42 PM, Host Clarea said:

web_reservations@rccl.com.

I put this in my gmail account to email and it comes up as unrecognizable, and then I put it in my web browsers and all three do not take me to the info.  What am I doing wrong Host Clarea ?  

3 minutes ago, TTraub1250 said:

I put this in my gmail account to email and it comes up as unrecognizable, and then I put it in my web browsers and all three do not take me to the info.  What am I doing wrong Host Clarea ?  

That is an email address, so has no use in a web browser URL.

All I can say is to try to send an email to that email address, maybe use a different email client?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TTraub1250 said:

Host Clarea:  I found the problem.  You have a period after the .com and that makes it unrecognizable by all mail clients. 

Makes sense, though the period was denoting the end of the sentence.

I guess I could have posted something like this: "web_reservations@rccl.com", but then someone would have included the double quotes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/22/2019 at 5:16 PM, Host Clarea said:

Makes sense, though the period was denoting the end of the sentence.

I guess I could have posted something like this: "web_reservations@rccl.com", but then someone would have included the double quotes.

LOL there is no way to win this one.  I add a space before the period or risk the scorn of no punctuation

By the way I got the June 20-29 Sailing info:

DSB – Journey Tribute Band https://dsbband.com/  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

LOL there is no way to win this one.  I add a space before the period or risk the scorn of no punctuation

By the way I got the June 20-29 Sailing info:

DSB – Journey Tribute Band https://dsbband.com/  

You are so LUCK!!  I love DSB.  I am still trying to find out who is on the June 6-15th cruise - if anyone knows please post here.  I've checked ROyal Sweedes and they aren't, neither is Wanted and DSB.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 8:34 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

This is not entirely true. While the tribute bands normally don’t play on b2b cruises, it has happened in the past and DetailedPlanner provided a link above showing us that it will happen again on the April 20 and 27 sailing.

For those looking for tribute bands months from now, I’ve found that the bands webpage will often have dates posted long before RCL will release the info. It is true that dates sometimes change, but those of you scheduled with “Wanted” are in for a real treat. 

I also recommend watching The tribute band in both music hall and 270 as there is a different vibe in each venue. Music hall is like a great club from the 80s and 270 is set up more like a concert with much better sound and lighting.

enjoy 🙂

I really have to agree with the suggestion that if you like the onboard tribute band, make sure to see them in both locations.  The vibe IS in fact very different in the Music Hall, and 270.  When we were on Anthem, the Aerosmith tribute was performing.  They were great.  After reviewing some of the videos I took, the lead singer was some times a bit off key, but nothing major.  I just want to point out that the bass player was probably the most impressive.  I know bass players don't get enough love from the fans, so just giving credit where credit is due.

I'm sure that none of the tribute bands are crappy.  It really all depends how much you like the original band.

Have a great cruise.

dp

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Peeker28 said:

You are so LUCK!!  I love DSB.  I am still trying to find out who is on the June 6-15th cruise - if anyone knows please post here.  I've checked ROyal Sweedes and they aren't, neither is Wanted and DSB.

Royal Swedes won't be back until September.

On 4/16/2019 at 7:00 PM, maggieq said:

Any idea who it might be for 5/23 sailing?  Thanks!

I sent email to the mail address thats been posted to this thread a few times. The response I received was that Led Zepagain will be on for the May23 cruise. 

Do the bands change at all, similar to comedians, during the cruise?

3 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

I sent email to the mail address thats been posted to this thread a few times. The response I received was that Led Zepagain will be on for the May23 cruise. 

Do the bands change at all, similar to comedians, during the cruise?

The bands usually stay on for a series of cruises.

Response from RCCL:.  

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

The following entertainment is currently scheduled for the June 1, 2019 sailing of the Anthem of the Seas in addition to our Royal Caribbean Productions:

Darrell Joyce / Comedian

Private Stock / Vocal Group

Please note that the onboard entertainment is subject to change. For more specific information regarding times and locations, please consult the Cruise Compass once onboard.

Tom, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you aboard in the future.

Currently on Anthem. L.A.vation were the tribute band, in the Music Hall and 270. They were excellent (I’m Irish but not biased). They were encouraging people to find them online (you know where) and like their page so they can answer any questions you have about their schedule etc.  they are definitely going to be back for the next cruise, 27/4. 

Also Tribute Schmbute, Joel Mason, don’t miss him, he was hilarious.

And of course We Will Rock You, tribute to Queen’s songs, great production. 

Cheers!

Joan

Dublin Ireland

Edited by Slainte!

• 7 months later...
3 minutes ago, mizLORInj said:

Just back today from Anthem 8 nighter.  Royal Swedes were there, also the Journey tribute band Resurrection and they were fabulous.   

Royal Swedes will be on until April - Great band.