Is Afternoon Tea served in Dining Room on Silhoutte?

Lindsaycruiser

I would like to know if afternoon tea service is available on the Silhoutte. We are going on a TA in November for 15 days, so I know I would enjoy a few afternoons of a High or Cream Tea in the dining room.

Thank you for any information.

The Elite tea has no cost but I have seen other high teas for a fee. About 3:30 every afternoon there is tea 'food ' in the buffett area . There will be small sandwiches , sweets, scones , jam and cream

I would like to know if afternoon tea service is available on the Silhoutte. We are going on a TA in November for 15 days, so I know I would enjoy a few afternoons of a High or Cream Tea in the dining room.

Thank you for any information.

There was an afternoon tea daily in the Silhouette's Oceanview Cafe from 4 to 5 pm. They had teas, scones, petite sandwiches, small desserts, etc. We really enjoyed it. Please note that this was not a sit down and be served affair. Self-serve. There was an Elegant Tea for Elite Members which was held in Blu on one afternoon.

Edited by keesar

I think afternoon tea is English tradition,

We didn’t find the Celebrity afternoon tea anything like what you would get on an English ship

It needs to be served to you at your table and it has to be tea , a selection of finger sandwiches, cakes, scones with clotted cream and jam

Anything less and it’s not proper afternoon tea :)

Once a cruise is enough for me but it’s usually a daily thing

I much prefer to go to the buffet on Celebrity and then have a nice coffee and cake in Cafe al Bacio

We didn’t find the Celebrity afternoon tea anything like what you would get on an English ship

It needs to be served to you at your table and it has to be tea , a selection of finger sandwiches, cakes, scones with clotted cream and jam

If you want a proper afternoon tea, then go to the Buffet between 4 and 5 pm and have your spouse/partner serve you. They have all of the foods and teas mentioned above. Then, you can be the server.

If you want a proper afternoon tea, then go to the Buffet between 4 and 5 pm and have your spouse/partner serve you. They have all of the foods and teas mentioned above. Then, you can be the server.

Ha ha I forgot to mention the linen tablecloths

And China tea pots !

If you are sailing in a suite, a “proper afternoon tea” is served in Michael’s Club daily. The only thing they don't have are the China tea pots.

So perhaps it's only a “slightly proper afternoon tea.” 😉 😁

The elegant tea on the S class ships is held for elite (+) passengers. While it is sometimes in a specialty restaurant, I've also just found it served in one of the Main Dining Rooms. I think there were a LOT of elite (+) passengers onboard, though for the one in the MDR. It was completely full. This is typically scheduled once per cruise on a 10-11 night itinerary ... at least that's been my experience over the past several years.

Anything less and it’s not proper afternoon tea :)

Once a cruise is enough for me but it’s usually a daily thing

I much prefer to go to the buffet on Celebrity and then have a nice coffee and cake in Cafe al Bacio

They do have a proper tea in Michael's Club for suite guests on a daily basis. The butler's rotate and do the serving. They have everything you mentioned above with the exception of clotted cream (my favorite). They have whipped cream instead which just doesn't make it in my opinion.

They also offer a Champagne High Tea (for a fee) in one of the specialty restaurants at least once a cruise. We only travel in suites so going from memory of the dailies but I believe that on a TA they have at least one High Tea in the main dining room.

Thank you everyone for your comments and information about "Afternoon Tea". I am not elite or travel in a suite, so I will try the buffet in the afternoon.

Maybe I can talk my husband into taking me for a proper English tea when we are in Bermuda.

They do have a proper tea in Michael's Club for suite guests on a daily basis. The butler's rotate and do the serving. They have everything you mentioned above with the exception of clotted cream (my favorite). They have whipped cream instead which just doesn't make it in my opinion.

Interesting, on our past 2 cruises on Reflection, they did serve clotted cream.

Is elegant tea for the elite members the same as high tea in Michaels club? Do they serve the small sandwiches, pastries and desserts?

The Elegant Tea for Elite Members included an assortment of teas, small sandwiches, and pastries. And yes, there were scones with cream and jam. In addition, there was live music being played. On S-Class ships, they have been in Blu.

The food and service were excellent. And there were white tablecloths.

I have never had true clotted cream so you did well if you got it.

Phil

The clotted cream was more authentic than the “jam”. Most of the time it was goopy red stuff with one or two cherries, or strawberries. More like pie filling from a can. 😉

Did the clotted cream come in a jar?

Phil

Both the clotted cream and the jam were delivered to each guest's table in very small ceramic bowls.

I'm sure it was for health reasons and to avoid waste.