Down payment

Princess&prince

I am new to this but I have a question. How much of a down payment will I need for a cruise I am planning. It will be my second cruise with Princess.

It's been so long since I paid a % of the fare for a cruise...10%, 20%, some sales it's $1.00 (?).

Since you didn't buy a Future Cruise Deposit on your first Princess cruise, you need to put that on your list of "things to do while on board".

One hundred dollars ($100) becomes your deposit when you book your next cruise, PLUS you will receive an amount of OBC that is dependent on the type of cabin and length of cruise that you book. The OBC varies from $25 to $150. Buy at least ONE!!!:halo:

In addition, you can add to your OBC, if anyone is a veteran or active military by sending in the appropriate paperwork. That paperwork only needs to be sent in once.

You can also get even more OBC, if you purchase a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Cruise Lines stock. The paperwork for that has to be sent in every time you go on a cruise.

Happy sailing!!

My understanding is that the standard deposit is 20%. However, as everyone else has mentioned, there are many situations where this is not the case (e.g. FCD, various promotions from Princess or your travel agent, etc.). I haven't paid 20% since my first cruise. We always have FCD's.

Also, if you work with a TA, they often run additional $100 deposits. Princess runs these also but TAs can run them in addition to what Princess offers. Find a good Cruise Travel Agent and ask them when the next $100 deposit is.

Beware-

I had a reduced deposit for a B2B for May 2019 were Princess had to override the normal deposit amount. One day the first 1/2 of the booking completely disappeared from my account. After speaking to several Princess reps we finally determined that there had been a 'system update' and the booking was cancelled because the deposit was not the normal deposit amount. Fortunately the rep was able to recover my original booking with all the perks still intact. The same thing would have occurred on the other 1/2 but we were able to prevent it. I ended up paying the full deposit to avoid future issues.

When you choose a FCC while on board for $100pp that serves as your entire deposit for your next cruise. It is good for two years and is refundable if you choose not to use it.

Howard

You also receive OBC on your next cruise for purchasing them.

Tony

I just put a hold on an Alaskan Connoisseur Cruisetour. Sadly it says non-refundable deposit. If we decide to finalize the booking we will use FCD but it looks like they will still be non-refundable just like a "regular" deposit would be. The upside is that it's only risking $100 each rather than the full deposit that would otherwise be at risk.

I just put a hold on an Alaskan Connoisseur Cruisetour. Sadly it says non-refundable deposit. If we decide to finalize the booking we will use FCD but it looks like they will still be non-refundable just like a "regular" deposit would be. The upside is that it's only risking $100 each rather than the full deposit that would otherwise be at risk.

I can't personally say this for sure, but others have reported getting their FCD back if they cancel during non-refundable deposits if they use their FCD. I hope you can go forward and not have to cancel and find out.

Do I need to buy 1 future cruise cert for each person likely to go on the future cruise or is it 1 per booking or 1 per cabin (if need 2 cabins). Thanks

If you both want OBC due to the FCD, you both need them.

I am new to this but I have a question. How much of a down payment will I need for a cruise I am planning. It will be my second cruise with Princess.

Maybe even more important than the amount, be absolutely clear on whether your deposit is refundable or non-refundable. Don't assume.

Have fun!