Choice Air assistance

Welland

Does anyone have the correct link for Choice Air or Flights by Celebrity? No matter which browser I use once I get a connection the page either states that "this page no longer exists" or the screen just keeps "flipping" and you cannot choose anything.

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Does anyone have the correct link for Choice Air or Flights by Celebrity? No matter which browser I use once I get a connection the page either states that "this page no longer exists" or the screen just keeps "flipping" and you cannot choose anything.

This is a Royal link, but it will get you to the Air2Sea page:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=air_travel_programs

They changed the name. It is now called Flights by Celebrity

There is a link on the Celebrity main page

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've been having the same problem, intermittently fir weeks. It's a PITA.

This one is working for me (at the moment) https://www.celebritycruises.com/int/choiceair1

Thank you for the link as well....worked for me as well. Whereas the Celebrity site just kept flipping....very frustrating and why can’t Celebrity fix this?

My first tme using Choice Air!

Is there any benefit of booking the airline through Celebrity vs. booking it yourself directly with the airline?

I've seen many comments that it is most beneficial to use F by C for international flights. We'll find out when we book for our 9/19 Iberian cruise.

Is there any benefit of booking the airline through Celebrity vs. booking it yourself directly with the airline?

We are using Choice Air for the first time this fall, and it ended up getting us a fantastic deal on airfare. Here is my report (copied from another thread on this topic):

This will be our third cruise with Celebrity, but the first time we have even checked with Choice Air, thanks to threads like this one mentioning the good prices. Otherwise I have always assumed that any airfare booking agent, including Choice Air, would have the same prices as are available to me booking directly. This certainly turned out to be true the only other time when I checked with the airfare department of a guided land tour we were taking.

We are flying from LAX to FCO (Rome) in advance of our Celebrity Cruise, and then doing other things in Europe including a river cruise. Our return will be BSL (Basel) to LAX, a couple of weeks after the end of the Celebrity cruise. I have been watching the prices, and they are always about $4300 pp for Business Class, and about $1500-$1700 pp for Premium Economy.

On the Choice Air website, the open jaw Business Class ticket would be $2700+, and the Premium Economy ticket would be $1300+. Already a fantastic savings for Business Class, and a meaningful savings for Premium Economy. Then, following suggestions on Cruise Critic, I checked the two flights as two one-way flights. Now the Business Class price dropped to $2500+.

So I then called Choice Air directly. I was initially quoted $2700+ for Business Class. I then suggested checking it as two one-way tickets. I have no idea why suggesting checking the flights as one-way produced this result, but somehow the guy came back with a "contracted" price of $2095 pp in Business Class, with outbound flights on DL and return flights on KLM. This all came back as a single KLM reservation. I have been able to find the reservation on both DL and KLM websites, add our DL frequent flyer numbers, change some of the seats that the airline pre-assigned, and even see that we will be receiving mileage credit for this trip. I could not be more delighted with the way this turned out. We booked these flights for less than half the going rate according to Google Flights. The only downside to the whole deal is that this contracted rate was apparently only available on the very early first flights of the day. For this kind of savings, we can get up early.

This is practically enough to make we want to book a Celebrity Cruise as part of any foreign travel, just so I can use Choice Air again.

Tom & Judy

Many people find much lower prices through Celebrity for international flights, not so much for domestic flights. The flip side is that some of the bargain prices MAY be bulk fares or other discounted fares which could mean additional rules and restrictions (on frequent flyer miles, seating choices, rebooking/rerouting options if needed, etc.) on your ticket that may not be readily apparent. If all goes well, you'd likely never know the difference.

The other advantage is that if something happens on travel day and you experience a flight delay or cancellation that causes you to miss the ship, Celebrity is on the hook to get you to the next port of call. Just be aware that that doesn't necessarily mean the very next day or the very next port. Many people misinterpret the language on the website as some sort of absolute guarantee to meet the ship the next day; it's not. It is generally advised not to fly in on embarkation day, as arriving at least a day early builds in a buffer automatically, and is advised regardless of whether one books through the cruise line or directly through the airline.

I highly recommend Flights by Celebrity. I booked a one way from Denver to Rome with them earlier this week. Flight was significantly cheaper than booking directly with the airline. I booked Economy and since we were immediately ticketed, I then went on the airline website and upgraded our seats for an extra charge. Still, though, it was cheaper than what was listed on the airline website if I had booked directly.

I did my research ahead of time both on the airlne websites and the Flights by Celebrity website so I knew what my options were and what I preferred. I was able to get my preferred flights-Yeah. Plus the Flights by Celebrity Air agent was very patient with all my questions.

Since we're doing a Transatlantic cruise, I'll book my return flight on my own when a certain airline posts their flights for our return date.

We are using Choice Air for the first time this fall, and it ended up getting us a fantastic deal on airfare. Here is my report (copied from another thread on this topic):

Tom & Judy

Many people find much lower prices through Celebrity for international flights, not so much for domestic flights. The flip side is that some of the bargain prices MAY be bulk fares or other discounted fares which could mean additional rules and restrictions (on frequent flyer miles, seating choices, rebooking/rerouting options if needed, etc.) on your ticket that may not be readily apparent. If all goes well, you'd likely never know the difference.

The other advantage is that if something happens on travel day and you experience a flight delay or cancellation that causes you to miss the ship, Celebrity is on the hook to get you to the next port of call. Just be aware that that doesn't necessarily mean the very next day or the very next port. Many people misinterpret the language on the website as some sort of absolute guarantee to meet the ship the next day; it's not. It is generally advised not to fly in on embarkation day, as arriving at least a day early builds in a buffer automatically, and is advised regardless of whether one books through the cruise line or directly through the airline.

I appreciate the info you have provided. Thank you.

Possibly not for domestic flights?

My experience has been, domestic flights are not of a tremendous value vs. international (booked as one ways and not r/t's).

Yet you can get a quote at the website or call to verify if it is a good deal for you.

bon voyage

As others have noted, you can get some good fares on international flights but haven't ever seen any deals on domestic flights.

However, there is one benefit in booking through Choice Air ...only you can tell if it is worth it to you, though. If you choose Celebrity's travel insurance, your flights are covered as well without any additional cost added to that insurance. If you aren't considering Celebrity's trip insurance, you can stop reading here.

With Celebrity's travel insurance:

If you pick times within the cruiseline limitations, they ensure you get to the ship if you flight is delayed and you miss your embarkation port or if your disembarkation is delayed, they assist you in getting on another flight out if you've missed your original one. You are even covered for cancellation but with the stipulation that the cancellation is related to medical or death. I just remember the agent repeating that line so it stuck in my head.

Remember, though ... you are essentially signing up for a travel agency to take over your booking, or at least that is what Choice Air is to the airlines. So, in doing so, you give up a lot of control on your booking. I have had some luck working with the airlines when they changed my reservation and put me on a completely different flight than the rest of the group I was travelling with but they first insisted I work with my travel agent, or in other words, Choice Air. I had to go round and round calling Choice Air and then the airlines ...each one blaming the issue on the other.

Would I use them again? ..... not sure. There was value in it but it took me hours on the phone to straighten things out and get back onto my original flight....no value there! And, in the long run, it was United that was more helpful in this process ... not Choice Air.