Norwegian Sun begins drydock at sea - and passengers are very unhappy

jkgourmet

The subject is NOT dead! Finally local papers are picking up the story. Poster was only sharing “new” news to them. Some Passengers from the 16 day Panama Canal Sun NCL Cruise are still very ill!

I am planned to travel on this boat in July. Anyone aware of how long construction will continue?

The Sun will leave dry dock in Victoria, British Columbia later this afternoon. First post dry dock cruise TOMORROW from Seattle, Washington to Port Canaveral, Florida.

Consensus on this board is that the passengers should have had to pay extra because they got such an amazing insight into the behind-the-scenes workings of a drydock, including exposure to hazardous chemicals!

Yeah, we pay extra to see what goes on behind the scenes in the kitchen, laundry, and theater. LOL.

But seriously, much of this renovation and demo work should have waited until the ship was in drydock, without passengers on board. Nerve jarring noise, and irritating chemicals should not be in or near passenger areas. This is not what they paid for, and those affected should receive full refunds, not just toward a future cruise.

Did NCL inform passengers beforehand, that some drydock work would be done during their cruise? If not, maybe they should next time.

Look, we've sailed on NCL on a B2B and enjoyed it. We've also sailed five OTHER mass market cruise lines. But I only frequent the CC boards of the cruiseline that I am using on my NEXT cruise. Not all the ones I have sailed before.

Accordingly, I only learned of this TODAY when it was reported in the news.

I could easily say A LOT about how this stupid corporate decision shows a total lack of consideration for their passengers. But you guys obviously either already understand that or just don't give a hoot.

The cruise line decisions about this given pause about booking on NCL again. The attitude exhibited here was really over the top and, IMO, unnecessarily rude.

(and yes, I know that ALL of the boards here on CC get like this sometimes.)

Consensus on this board is that the passengers should have had to pay extra because they got such an amazing insight into the behind-the-scenes workings of a drydock, including exposure to hazardous chemicals!

You're amazing.

Look, we've sailed on NCL on a B2B and enjoyed it. We've also sailed five OTHER mass market cruise lines. But I only frequent the CC boards of the cruiseline that I am using on my NEXT cruise. Not all the ones I have sailed before.

Accordingly, I only learned of this TODAY when it was reported in the news.

I could easily say A LOT about how this stupid corporate decision shows a total lack of consideration for their passengers. But you guys obviously either already understand that or just don't give a hoot.

The cruise line decisions about this given pause about booking on NCL again. The attitude exhibited here was really over the top and, IMO, unnecessarily rude.

(and yes, I know that ALL of the boards here on CC get like this sometimes.)

You just heard about it, but it started a month ago, threads on this subject have finally stopped, it’s old news. Heck, there were many different threads on a daily basis.

• 3 weeks later...
Well I just crawled out from under a rock to this news about the Sun. Sorry but not on the boards every day. ;p

Cruise news makes it to these boards within minutes of the first account of the situation, a week later it’s old news.