Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

2 minutes ago, actuarian said:

1- Accessible sky suites do not have tubs. Most other sky suites do have tubs.

2 - You will have access to the Retreat lounge and your dinner restaurant will be Luminae.

3 - You will keep the same drink and wi-fi packages that were included with your original reservation. However, regardless of what packages you originally had, you will probably receive unlimited drinks while in the Retreat lounge. I have never seen anyone asked to show a room key when ordering a drink in the Retreat lounge.

4 - There is a small chance that you will be moved to another suite if you do not require an accessible accommodation and some other person does. However, that can only happen if another non-accessible suite (sky suite or better) is available.

5 - Of course, there will be more motion in the forward part of the ship than mid-ship. However, I have been in forward suites several times and never been bothered by motion. On most Celebrity ships, the most expensive suites are either far forward or far back. For example, the penthouse suites on M-class ships are far aft and the Reflection Suite (on the Reflection) is far forward. 

Very helpful.  My partner is just a little unhappy that I spent more than $0.  “It’s just a room.”

Here are the MoveUp prices I was sent today from Celebrity. The top one is a Royal Suite at $1,500 pp and the bottom one is a Sky Suite at $700 pp minimum bid. I was in an Ultra Deluxe Veranda Suite when they sent these. I've sent changed my cabin on my own. Just wanted to share the current minimum offers on Millennium for an Alaskan cruise in July. image.thumb.png.5e421480a0fa666e18db85a34e2dc1f3.png

Move up prices seem all over the place.  Does it depend on the ship?  More for new ships?  I bid the minimum on the Beyond and I’m happy with the outcome but it seems high compared to these offers.

15 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Move up prices seem all over the place.  Does it depend on the ship?  More for new ships?  I bid the minimum on the Beyond and I’m happy with the outcome but it seems high compared to these offers.

The prices to upgrade to The Retreat seem to be higher on newer ships and on older ships that have been “revolutionized” than they are on the M-class and S-class ships that have not yet been revolutionized.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, actuarian said:

The prices to upgrade to The Retreat seem to be higher on newer ships and on older ships that have been “revolutionized” than they are on the M-class and S-class ships that have not yet been revolutionized.

Being new to the Retreat is there a hazing process for new pax?  Something involving consumption of large quantities of beer in a short amount of time?

Just now, chrisinaz said:

We are on this sailing with you, in my house it is not beer but martini’s for admission. lol. Safe travels just e weeks till boarding and congrats on the upgrade 

Well my partner had a heart attack when I told him about the upgrade.  He thought it was free.  I said what’s cheaper, a Celebrity upgrade or a divorce lawyer?

I’m hoping I can sit in the lounge with a book and have a drink every so often.  Maybe sit at the pool if not too crowded.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Maybe someone can help?

I put a "move-up" bid in and was able to still see it in my reservation up until yesterday,

then was checking the reservation again today(for excursions) and the "move-up" bid section

has disappeared?

We are 5 days out from the cruise departure, does this mean that the bid is rejected?

Thanks

Boryis

On 4/24/2023 at 7:19 PM, zitsky said:

Being new to the Retreat is there a hazing process for new pax?  Something involving consumption of large quantities of beer in a short amount of time?

Looks like you are being your usual self.  Why ask all these questions when you are usually the one answering them?  Bored are you?

i know, you will say just having fun.  Geeze

• Like 2

On 4/27/2023 at 12:37 AM, GeorgiaRetiredCruisers said:

I'm holding my breath also, Boryis. I wish I had some idea if they aren't going to accept any of my bids as I get antsy and impatient, like a freaking kid.

I'm right there with you.  Dying to find out one way or the other.  Ok only 6 days to sail date and no indication yet.  Yikes!

Boryis - where did you see the “move-up” bid on your reservation as I have looked at mine and can't see anything.  

Does this mean it has been rejected even though the email still says Pending.

Thanks.

Hello, we had two moveup bids on our cruise leaving in about 10 days. Today, one of the bids was marked "expired" and the other was marked "refunded". If I go back into the moveup sheet I'm able to re-bid exactly the same for the room marked refunded and bids were still open in the other categories except the one that was "expired". 

Anyone know what the status of "refunded" could have meant? thx

28 minutes ago, jl208 said:

Hello, we had two moveup bids on our cruise leaving in about 10 days. Today, one of the bids was marked "expired" and the other was marked "refunded". If I go back into the moveup sheet I'm able to re-bid exactly the same for the room marked refunded and bids were still open in the other categories except the one that was "expired". 

I have never seen that term in. Move up bid.  You might want to check the credit card that you used for a clue.  

9 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I have never seen that term in. Move up bid.  You might want to check the credit card that you used for a clue.  

No charges, or pending charges either 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jl208 said:

update: I redid my exact bid for the "refunded" room and just got the acceptance and charge on my cc. FWIW: my moveup record still shows one as refunded and the new bid as upgraded -- no difference in room type as far as I can see.

• Like 2

Question....

Have any of you received a Moveup Offer for a suite that is showing no availability on the Celebrity website?  

More importantly, has anyone won a Moveup upgrade on a suite that was not available on the Celebrity website? 

Thanks! 

46 minutes ago, Boo's Mom said:

Question....

Have any of you received a Moveup Offer for a suite that is showing no availability on the Celebrity website?  

More importantly, has anyone won a Moveup upgrade on a suite that was not available on the Celebrity website? 

Thanks! 

Hard to say.  Since once they do move ups the category may be full.

For example my move up from Aqua to Sky Suite (accessible).  I think there is maybe one left.

On 4/24/2023 at 5:38 PM, njsmom said:

Here are the MoveUp prices I was sent today from Celebrity. The top one is a Royal Suite at $1,500 pp and the bottom one is a Sky Suite at $700 pp minimum bid. I was in an Ultra Deluxe Veranda Suite when they sent these. I've sent changed my cabin on my own. Just wanted to share the current minimum offers on Millennium for an Alaskan cruise in July. image.thumb.png.5e421480a0fa666e18db85a34e2dc1f3.png

From what others have posted and the Move Up offers we have received the minimum bid depends on what you originally paid, it isn’t the same minimum bid amount for everyone on a particular sailing to move from day Aqua to a Sky Suite.  

56 minutes ago, jelayne said:

From what others have posted and the Move Up offers we have received the minimum bid depends on what you originally paid, it isn’t the same minimum bid amount for everyone on a particular sailing to move from day Aqua to a Sky Suite.  

Does it also depend on length of cruise, I suppose?

8 hours ago, jelayne said:

Interesting analysis.

I would not think what you paid for your cabin would be a factor, but how much Celebrity could get for your vacated cabin.

I have studied the different bids close enough to know for sure.