Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

On 10/26/2022 at 1:51 PM, bigbenboys said:

We are booked on the Solstice sailing Nov 5th. I did get an email about move up bidding. They lowered the starting bid for CS to $375pp. RS, CS and SS are what I'm able to bid on. I went to see what suites Celebrity has available on line to book. Celebrity does not have any suites available for this sailing. Why reduce the opening bid for a suite that is not available to even book.

Interesting. What was the min previously? And what cabin are you in right now?

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

If it says your bid was accepted you should also see a charge on your CC.   Also when you go to Manage your reservation it should show you new room if upgraded.

Yes, it does show my upgraded room - a balcony on deck 6.  What I would like to do is move (move-up) to another balcony on a higher deck (maybe even a Concierge Cabin aft).  When I go to the Move-up page and enter my name and reservation number, I just get a page that says my (prior) upgrade offer was accepted.  Anyone know how to upgrade from an upgrade? Thanks

59 minutes ago, Pushkin said:

Yes, it does show my upgraded room - a balcony on deck 6.  What I would like to do is move (move-up) to another balcony on a higher deck (maybe even a Concierge Cabin aft).  When I go to the Move-up page and enter my name and reservation number, I just get a page that says my (prior) upgrade offer was accepted.  Anyone know how to upgrade from an upgrade? Thanks

I don't believe you can. Most assignments are done just before sailing and the main intent of the model was to redistribute unsold cabins, so wait until just before departure (when there would be no point to allow multiples).

While they can and occasionally do allocate earlier, the model isn't built around multiple upgrades per passenger and it isn't straightforward to do so so don't believe it is possible.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Interesting. What was the min previously? And what cabin are you in right now?

We are in a Aqua A2. Starting bid for a CS was $550pp. Website calls it a Promo CS is $385pp.

Edited by bigbenboys
added info
  • Thanks 1

On 10/30/2022 at 5:24 AM, Pushkin said:

You can change your assigned MoveUp stateroom if inventory is available within the same category - call your TA or Celebrity vacation planner and ask if you can switch...

6 minutes ago, Ready2SailAway said:

You can change your assigned MoveUp stateroom if inventory is available within the same category - call your TA or Celebrity vacation planner and ask if you can switch...

thank you - I will try that.

4 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

I’m 3 weeks out from a sailing and got a porthole balcony upgrade accepted. It said I’ll find out shortly what cabin I was assigned. I still haven’t seen the update on my file this week. How long does it usually take, or do they only assign it right before sailing?

usually noted on your website booking .... my new cabin # was shown right after email 'congrats'.

6 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

I’m 3 weeks out from a sailing and got a porthole balcony upgrade accepted. It said I’ll find out shortly what cabin I was assigned. I still haven’t seen the update on my file this week. How long does it usually take, or do they only assign it right before sailing?

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

usually noted on your website booking .... my new cabin # was shown right after email 'congrats'.

1 hour ago, marktwothousand said:

Ya. Nothing. 

Call your TA or a Celebrity vacation planner...

On 3/5/2019 at 7:34 AM, cscurlock said:

They don't check the price history and just overpay.  They could have booked it cheaper direct earlier on.  So your appropriate bid just gets denied because of this. 

Wouldn't "your appropriate bid" have also gotten denied if that other person had "booked it cheaper direct earlier on"? Either way, that same other person would have the room.

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2022 at 3:32 AM, groryjm said:

Drinks , WiFi , Bar setup, Laundry, unlimited specialities etc are part of the Royal suite and not perks so regarless of what you had before you get it all with a move up to an RS 😎

Remember if you had paid for a drinks package, wifi or an upgrade to premium along with any specialities you booked and paid for, you should get that refunded as well 

This specifically caused me more than a little heartburn, with conflicting information from the Retreat staff. The Celebrity executive office confirmed these inclusions based on the Royal Suite moveup.

• 1 month later...

22Sept2022: Booked an RS for Celebrity Solstice 5nt 2Jan2023 sailing.  MoveUp to PS available 25Oct2022, happy with RS so only made a minimum offer, bidding range $500 – 1,250pp.  31Dec2022, 2days prior to embarkation day – my bid still showed Pending and unable to Modify or Cancel, but with a comment “The time period to modify or cancel your offer has passed.”  Clicking on “Don't miss out! Click here to see other upgrade options on your upcoming cruise and to make an offer” jumped to the Welcome to Celebrity MoveUp bidding webpage, with a comment “Not eligible for upgrade.”  Received the email from Celebrity that “our offer to upgrade to a Penthouse Suite wasn't accepted.” 1Jan2023, 1day prior to embarkation day – my bid showed Expired. No worries, the RS with The Retreat experience was awesome!

• Like 2

So- my Move Up page changed today. Two of my bids show that they are expired, and one shows pending. All are greyed out and cannot be changed any longer. Is it possible that I won my move up for the one that still shows “pending”? Haven’t seen a CC charge just yet, so unsure if this maybe means good things…

ETA: This is for my sailing leaving 1/21.

Edited by MamaToMany
More info added
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, MamaToMany said:

So- my Move Up page changed today. Two of my bids show that they are expired, and one shows pending. All are greyed out and cannot be changed any longer. Is it possible that I won my move up for the one that still shows “pending”? Haven’t seen a CC charge just yet, so unsure if this maybe means good things…

ETA: This is for my sailing leaving 1/21.

Although not a guarantee, that's a very good sign!  Another guest on our cruise reported the same thing in the morning ~10days prior to sailing, then received a confirmation email their bid had been accepted that same afternoon...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

About a week and a half ago, I noticed that my MoveUp bids had the "famous" lock - one was pending and could not be changed, the other was marked expired. (I'm currently in an Aft Sky Suite, my bid for a Royal was expired, my bid for a Penthouse was "pending" and unable to be changed.

I emailed MoveUp, and was told "your bid is still under review by our Revenue Team. It is possible when seeing this, that your bid is in the process of being approved or denied. Please allow some time to see if the status changes."

Yesterday, I noticed that both bids are back to pending - and can be edited! 

This is for Beyond on Feb 26. So, apparently the "lock" is not a lock.

Not upset at all, but thought people would like to know that until you see "accepted" - your bid is not accepted. 🙂

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2023 at 9:25 PM, DannyS said:

About a week and a half ago, I noticed that my MoveUp bids had the "famous" lock - one was pending and could not be changed, the other was marked expired. (I'm currently in an Aft Sky Suite, my bid for a Royal was expired, my bid for a Penthouse was "pending" and unable to be changed.

I emailed MoveUp, and was told "your bid is still under review by our Revenue Team. It is possible when seeing this, that your bid is in the process of being approved or denied. Please allow some time to see if the status changes."

Yesterday, I noticed that both bids are back to pending - and can be edited! 

This is for Beyond on Feb 26. So, apparently the "lock" is not a lock.

Not upset at all, but thought people would like to know that until you see "accepted" - your bid is not accepted. 🙂

Hi Danny S:

What was the eventual result of your MoveUp bids? 

Just off the apex and moved up from aqua to ss.  On my spa day, they were adamant that I couldn't use the thermal suite without paying the $80+/ entry fee.  I was surprised that amenity was removed with my move up and I couldn't even spend an hour after spending $500 in the spa for services.  Just something to be aware of if you are expecting that amenity... 

9 hours ago, Jillianr1976 said:

Just off the apex and moved up from aqua to ss.  On my spa day, they were adamant that I couldn't use the thermal suite without paying the $80+/ entry fee.  I was surprised that amenity was removed with my move up and I couldn't even spend an hour after spending $500 in the spa for services.  Just something to be aware of if you are expecting that amenity... 

you missed nothing and the suite lounge and deck so much better

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jillianr1976 said:

Good reminder for cruisers interested in making a move up offer to the Retreat Category.  Would you still make the same bid now that you know?  Did you spend the $80 for the thermal suite on any day?  Obviously the Retreat lounge, Retreat Deck, and Luminae are nice benefits, but you did pay extra.

Edited by jagoffee

On 3/11/2023 at 2:59 PM, jagoffee said:

Good reminder for cruisers interested in making a move up offer to the Retreat Category.  Would you still make the same bid now that you know?  Did you spend the $80 for the thermal suite on any day?  Obviously the Retreat lounge, Retreat Deck, and Luminae are nice benefits, but you did pay extra.

I did not pay the extra to use the thermal suites.  I was surprised it was not included with the spa $$ we already spent.  We enjoyed the retreat deck when we could find an ounce of shade- there's plenty of chairs but no where near enough umbrellas.  The lounge is nice but thinking you can skip the premium drink package and just get drinks there is a fallacy.  Luminae service is 10/10 but if you like quiet dining Blu was better.  On this boat, for this cruise, if I could do move up again, knowing what I know now, I don't think I'd spend the money.

Edited by Jillianr1976
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jillianr1976 said:

I did not pay the extra to use the thermal suites.  I was surprised it was not included with the spa $$ we already spent.  We enjoyed the retreat deck when we could find an ounce of shade- there's plenty of chairs but no where near enough umbrellas.  The lounge is nice but thinking you can skip the premium drink package and just get drinks there is a fallacy.  Luminae service is 10/10 but if you like quiet dining Blu was better.  On this boat, for this cruise, if I could do move up again, knowing what I know now, I don't think I'd spend the money.

Very good point about all the money you spent it the Spa and you were still excluded.   I would  think they would let you use it for a day.

We were on an Apex TA in October 2021.  I do agree about the limited shade on the Retreat deck.  Although there is shade in some areas without umbrellas.  

We like the outside area connected to Retreat Lounge.  (One deck down)
I have always had the premium package, but I am fairly  confident that all Retreat guests get free drinks in the Retreat Lounge even if they do not have any drink package. (Including Premium)  Just to confirm what you are saying.  They had certain kind of drinks available at the Retreat Lounge bar and they would not serve them to you without you paying an up charge?  Did you anctually order one? Are you sure that you are not confusing the Retreat Pool deck? (You need a drink package there).  Did you talk to someone in management about the drink issue in the Retreat Lounge, because I really do not believe free drinks  a fallacy.

It does sound like you are done with booking a Retreat experience.  We are not Spa users, so we find the Retreat experience much more attractive.  

Did you try the Blu on the Apex?  I just looked in and it did not seem as nice as the Blu on the Solstice Class ships.  The view was not as nice.

Good luck in whatever you pick next.

Edited by jagoffee

Are you guys sure you don't automatically get the Premium drink package with a suite?

We certainly had it on the last two cruises when we were in a suite...that and the streaming WiFi and the gratuities and a bunch of OBC...

And, looking at the booking page for my upcoming April Infinity cruise, it shows this graphic:

The Retreat Logo

Or...is it something about the "MoveUp" thing where the perks remain what you had with your original booking?  I've never used MoveUp to upgrade on Celebrity.  But, IMHO, the real value of having a suite (aside from the obvious larger room--which actually means little to me when I use the room mostly to sleep and change clothes) is Luminae, the Premium drinks and the dedicated Retreat areas where the service is impeccable and I don't worry about what I order.  If that doesn't come with the MoveUp, I can't figure why I'd bother to use it to move up to a suite.

For this next one, I'm in an A1 Aqua class and the MoveUp isn't yet available (It is on my immediately following RCCL Symphony of the Seas cruise--and the minimum bids to move up to a suite on that one are outrageous!).  If I want to move up, I think I'll skip this nonsense and just call my TA and have her call Celebrity and renegotiate...WITH all the expected amenities of course.  OTOH, I've already got drinks, wifi and gratuities.  And we'll give Blu another try...even though my wife REALLY prefers Luminae.

Edited by Bruin Steve

On 10/30/2022 at 5:24 AM, Pushkin said:

You are unable to upgrade from an upgrade.   Once upgraded about all you can do is potentially pay the difference and select the next level cabin.

• Like 1