Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

18 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Very good point about all the money you spent it the Spa and you were still excluded.   I would  think they would let you use it for a day.

We were on an Apex TA in October 2021.  I do agree about the limited shade on the Retreat deck.  Although there is shade in some areas without umbrellas.  

We like the outside area connected to Retreat Lounge.  (One deck down)
I have always had the premium package, but I am fairly  confident that all Retreat guests get free drinks in the Retreat Lounge even if they do not have any drink package. (Including Premium)  Just to confirm what you are saying.  They had certain kind of drinks available at the Retreat Lounge bar and they would not serve them to you without you paying an up charge?  Did you anctually order one? Are you sure that you are not confusing the Retreat Pool deck? (You need a drink package there).  Did you talk to someone in management about the drink issue in the Retreat Lounge, because I really do not believe free drinks  a fallacy.

It does sound like you are done with booking a Retreat experience.  We are not Spa users, so we find the Retreat experience much more attractive.  

Did you try the Blu on the Apex?  I just looked in and it did not seem as nice as the Blu on the Solstice Class ships.  The view was not as nice.

Good luck in whatever you pick next.

We did try Blu on apex- service was far better in Luminae, atmosphere was better in Blu.  Blu on Summit was fantastic as well.

Let me clarify about the retreat lounge- when you are there, drinks are free.  I meant that you can skip the premium package and 'just get drinks at the lounge' idea.  It's too far from almost anywhere and only one bartender makes for a slow pour.  Running down from the retreat deck doesn't work.

• Like 1

I have a question for the group--My Move Up has been locked for over a week with one bid expired and one bid pending but I obviously have not had the ability to adjust the pending bid higher. It seems like a long time to be locked and not contacted when they indicate that you can change or withdraw a bid up until 48 hours before sailing unless the bid has been accepted. Is this a normal period of time to be locked? The other entries that I have read seem to go from locked to notified or unlocked with ability to modify again within like a 2 or 3 day window. Just curious -- I do not want to withdraw, but I may have upped my bid over the course of this week. We are currently 3 weeks out from sailing. TIA.

6 hours ago, Jillianr1976 said:

We did try Blu on apex- service was far better in Luminae, atmosphere was better in Blu.  Blu on Summit was fantastic as well.

Let me clarify about the retreat lounge- when you are there, drinks are free.  I meant that you can skip the premium package and 'just get drinks at the lounge' idea.  It's too far from almost anywhere and only one bartender makes for a slow pour.  Running down from the retreat deck doesn't work.

Thanks for the clarification.  I just misunderstood what you were saying.

On 12/9/2022 at 2:56 PM, grrbrr said:

This specifically caused me more than a little heartburn, with conflicting information from the Retreat staff. The Celebrity executive office confirmed these inclusions based on the Royal Suite moveup.

So did you get all if the suite amenities? 

Just received MoveUp email from Celebrity for a cruise in about 50 days; prices are crazy for this 8 day cruise in the Adriatic.  The cabin I have almost doubled in price!  whether I bid will depend on prices going south because the cabin we have is really nice.

Edited by Lastdance

On 3/14/2023 at 2:33 PM, mmuffler said:

I have a question for the group--My Move Up has been locked for over a week with one bid expired and one bid pending but I obviously have not had the ability to adjust the pending bid higher. It seems like a long time to be locked and not contacted when they indicate that you can change or withdraw a bid up until 48 hours before sailing unless the bid has been accepted. Is this a normal period of time to be locked? The other entries that I have read seem to go from locked to notified or unlocked with ability to modify again within like a 2 or 3 day window. Just curious -- I do not want to withdraw, but I may have upped my bid over the course of this week. We are currently 3 weeks out from sailing. TIA.

What category did you bid on and are there a lot of open cabins in that category?  If you are moving from a Oceanview to a veranda on a cruise that has over 100 open verandas you will most likely hear soon.

On the other hand if you are bidding on a category that is sold out or has only 1 or 2 open cabins it will be closer to the 2-3 days before sailing before you hear.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

What category did you bid on and are there a lot of open cabins in that category?  If you are moving from a Oceanview to a veranda on a cruise that has over 100 open verandas you will most likely hear soon.

On the other hand if you are bidding on a category that is sold out or has only 1 or 2 open cabins it will be closer to the 2-3 days before sailing before you hear.

Thank you for this explanation! We are 9 days away from embarking on the Millennium and still have not heard about our Move Up status from Aqua to a Sky Suite even though another cruiser has reported their offer was recently accepted at a higher price. There appears to be one Sky Suite left for this sailing so I'm remaining cautiously optimistic that we might hear some good news next week before we board. If not, then oh well, we'll have more funds to do some port shopping! 🙂 

I guess my question is why has my offer been locked for so long without hearing anything as it takes away my ability to raise the bid or withdraw it for that matter. It has been locked with one bid expired and 1 bid pending for over 2 weeks-- which kind of takes me out of the game. Why wouldn't it just stay in modify mode until they were ready to accept, decline/expire? That is what is confusing to me about my locked status.

15 minutes ago, mmuffler said:

I guess my question is why has my offer been locked for so long without hearing anything as it takes away my ability to raise the bid or withdraw it for that matter. It has been locked with one bid expired and 1 bid pending for over 2 weeks-- which kind of takes me out of the game. Why wouldn't it just stay in modify mode until they were ready to accept, decline/expire? That is what is confusing to me about my locked status.

You stated earlier that you used your offer confirmation link to review your status.  I think it is a strong indication (but not a guarantee) that you have won you SS bid, since your bid cannot be changed or cancelled.  Perhaps Celebrity is waiting to see which cabins will be available.  Perhaps someone currently in a SS has a bid in for a higher level suite.  Celebrity may be making sure you are placed in the lowest level SS category available

Good  luck..

Edited by jagoffee
  • Like 1

Usually, when they lock one of your bids and expire the rest, it means that the locked bid is going to be accepted. The fact that the locked bid is pending probably means that they have not yet assigned a new room to you. Still, it is likely that a room will be assigned and the bid accepted when they get a circular toit.

• Like 1

Both of my bids were unlocked today. Although, one had expired and one was pending they have reverted back to modify now. I bumped both bids up a bit, but the aft verandas seem to be full now. I will not get my hopes up at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing on the Infinity June 10, and I just received an email about Move Up offer today. We are currently booked in a Prime Concierge C1 category cabin and we have an opportunity to bid to move up to a “common.offer.upgrade.type. IN2 MINI SUITE LARGE” along with Aqua, Sky Suite, Royal Suite and Celebrity Suite categories. What is this common offer Mini Suite Large about? Thanks for any insight. I have never seen this offered in the Move Up program before,

20 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

20 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

21 hours ago, tenmile said:

We are sailing on the Infinity June 10, and I just received an email about Move Up offer today. We are currently booked in a Prime Concierge C1 category cabin and we have an opportunity to bid to move up to a “common.offer.upgrade.type. IN2 MINI SUITE LARGE” along with Aqua, Sky Suite, Royal Suite and Celebrity Suite categories. What is this common offer Mini Suite Large about? Thanks for any insight. I have never seen this offered in the Move Up program before,

I asked a Celebrity customer service rep today about the above Move Up offer (MINI SUITE LARGE) and she told me that it was an offer to move up to a Sky Suite. Based on the minimum bid price suggested, that doesn't make sense, especially since there is a Sky Suite bid category at a much higher minimum price bid. Has anyone else seen a move up offer like this? 

7 minutes ago, tenmile said:

I asked a Celebrity customer service rep today about the above Move Up offer (MINI SUITE LARGE) and she told me that it was an offer to move up to a Sky Suite. Based on the minimum bid price suggested, that doesn't make sense, especially since there is a Sky Suite bid category at a much higher minimum price bid. Has anyone else seen a move up offer like this? 

Your first mistake was calling X customer service…

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, tenmile said:

It doesn’t make sense to me at all. I wouldn’t touch it. It seems like an error. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 6:40 PM, tenmile said:

Please see my post

• Like 1

On 3/27/2023 at 5:40 PM, tenmile said:

There was a similar situation posted here a short time ago and I believe the answer was that the "mini suite large" was one of the former family verandas which are being renamed Ultra Verandas or something like that.  I believe it was a M Class ship the question was about previously.  They are not suites. 

So, my MoveUp bid was just discounted for a suite category that doesn’t show any availability, but two were available recently.  Anyone well versed in why this would happen?  Anyway, I just canceled my bid that Celebrity lowered because I was afraid of getting a certain suite that I did not want that was still showing a few available.  Someone on CC, or FB said that happened to them;  I am trying to understand their strategy with doing this, but do not want a Celebrity suite on deck 12;  My SS is just fine!  It said that my previous bid was discounted 20%.

Thanking you in advance, as I am just trying to understand this concept.

Edited by Lastdance

1 minute ago, Lastdance said:

So, my MoveUp bid was just discounted for a suite category that doesn’t show any availability, but two were available recently.  Anyone well versed in why this would happen?  Anyway, I just canceled my bid that Celebrity lowered because I was afraid of getting a certain suite that I did not want, just because two were available.  Someone on CC, or FB said that happened to them.  I am trying to understand their strategy with doing this, but do not want a Celebrity suite on deck 12;  My SS is just fine!

There is no one that is well versed in MoveUp bid 🤣

I believe the moveup company works closely with Celebrity IT department 😁IMG_2787.jpeg.6483ccaf7634c32bfe1153065e9e0696.jpeg

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

There is no one that is well versed in MoveUp bid 🤣

I believe the moveup company works closely with Celebrity IT department 😁IMG_2787.jpeg.6483ccaf7634c32bfe1153065e9e0696.jpeg

Well, I just wrote to MoveUp and explained this situation and asked for clarification.  Now, I know MU will reply: however, whether the response makes sense is TBD.  I am just a “why” person and feel there should be a reason.  The company is a separate company: I was told that Celebrity sets parameters, but pays the company for this service and is not involved in the day to day process.  I will be partying for 21 days onboard with another 8 on land!  

Edited by Lastdance

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a FAQ about what benefits you get and what you don't?  My move up offer from Aqua Class.to Accessible Sky Suite forward was accepted.  I was hoping it would be mid-ship but there is no guarantee, I know.

1) As this is accessible, maybe no tub, do Sky Suites even have tubs?

2) Does this move us to Luminae and/or the Retreat?

3) I think we don't get full suite privileges but we keep our drink & wifi packages?

4) As this is an accessible cabin, is there any chance they would give it to another pax?  Then what would we get in return?  Cruise is only a few weeks away.

5) Is there a lot of motion forward compared to mid-ship?

Edited by zitsky

9 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Is there a FAQ about what benefits you get and what you don't?  My move up offer from Aqua Class.to Accessible Sky Suite forward was accepted.  I was hoping it would be mid-ship but there is no guarantee, I know.

1) As this is accessible, maybe no tub, do Sky Suites even have tubs?

2) Does this move us to Luminae and/or the Retreat?

3) I think we don't get full suite privileges but we keep our drink & wifi packages?

4) As this is an accessible cabin, is there any chance they would give it to another pax?  Then what would we get in return?  Cruise is only a few weeks away.

5) Is there a lot of motion forward compared to mid-ship?

1- Accessible sky suites do not have tubs. Most other sky suites do have tubs.

2 - You will have access to the Retreat lounge and your dinner restaurant will be Luminae.

3 - You will keep the same drink and wi-fi packages that were included with your original reservation. However, regardless of what packages you originally had, you will probably receive unlimited drinks while in the Retreat lounge. I have never seen anyone asked to show a room key when ordering a drink in the Retreat lounge.

4 - There is a small chance that you will be moved to another suite if you do not require an accessible accommodation and some other person does. However, that can only happen if another non-accessible suite (sky suite or better) is available.

5 - Of course, there will be more motion in the forward part of the ship than mid-ship. However, I have been in forward suites several times and never been bothered by motion. On most Celebrity ships, the most expensive suites are either far forward or far back. For example, the penthouse suites on M-class ships are far aft and the Reflection Suite (on the Reflection) is far forward.