Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

29 minutes ago, BytownMatt said:

Congrats on the upgrade. I was in Aqua for the transatlantic in April and enjoyed it a great deal. There were some long-ish (30+ min) waits for a table for dinner at Blu but once inside the food was very good and the service was excellent.

Exactly what time of day were these waits?

30 minutes ago, BytownMatt said:

Congrats on the upgrade. I was in Aqua for the transatlantic in April and enjoyed it a great deal. There were some long-ish (30+ min) waits for a table for dinner at Blu but once inside the food was very good and the service was excellent.

Thank you. We normally don’t eat till 8 or later so don’t mind if we have to wait a little. Love breakfast there it’s always very relaxing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Exactly what time of day were these waits?

They weren't all at the same time but they were probably between 6:00pm and 7:30pm. We were given pagers and encouraged to have a drink in the lounge while we waited. This was my fourth cruise with Celebrity (second in Aqua) and the first time that I waited over 10 minutes to be seated for any meal.

On 5/13/2023 at 9:22 AM, waggie said:

I have just put in a  move up bid for an aft balcony on Constellation July 10th.  - they halved the start offer - not a big bid, but just to see.

I have since scoured the website, done mock bookings and find that there are NO afts available on our cruise. Has anyone else had this experience? 

People cancel their cruises often. 

It can happen up until the sail date. 

Accidents and illnesses. 

In the event that a certain cabin becomes available, the Move Up staff wants offers readily available to accept. 

I had the same experience too for my sold-out June 5 cruise on the Beyond.  At the 48-hour mark, after all of our five bids said "pending", they were all rejected.  However, if there are no-shows, they may be able to give it to us at the Civitavecchia terminal.

Thanks for the info Stary, we are new to all this, so do we bring the issue to the check-in staff or wait until onboard and the pursers desk?

On our cruise the availability since our bids were rejected hasn't changes. Do we "offer" the same bids or will they present us with an offer?

16 hours ago, Naptonboy said:

Six bids all refused (by e-mail), two were to the max on the "slider". All the suites are still showing as available on a "ghost bid". 

A ghost bid isn't an indication of availability. It's just a bid IF there is availability when they allocate cabins - which is typically in the last 48 hours. There may be no availability now, but if someone cancels (or is reallocated to a higher upgrade) at the last minute they have your bid ready to go.

We are in a SS, and made a bit for the Edge Villa. Not hopeful, but we will see!

If successful would we then get access to the higher suite perks, such as the bottles of liquor in the suite and the speciality dining etc., or 'just' the room itself and Retreat benefits (that we already get with the SS)?

Thanks.

I put in 5 bids on different cabins for Move Up. Had 4 emails yesterday saying I was unsuccessful but not the 5th?

Sailing tomorrow so not really sure why the 5th bid unsuccessful email wasn’t received. 

3 hours ago, ian441672 said:

We are in a SS, and made a bit for the Edge Villa. Not hopeful, but we will see!

If successful would we then get access to the higher suite perks, such as the bottles of liquor in the suite and the speciality dining etc., or 'just' the room itself and Retreat benefits (that we already get with the SS)?

Thanks.

You get the "All In" Amenities of the upper suite.

3 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

I put in 5 bids on different cabins for Move Up. Had 4 emails yesterday saying I was unsuccessful but not the 5th?

Sailing tomorrow so not really sure why the 5th bid unsuccessful email wasn’t received. 

Hi Minnie,

Had the same, bid on six, only got "the big no" e-mails on five.

Just had a week in cornwall, now the Baltic tomorrow, and you?

When I opened the email stating that my bid offer was received, I found out that four of the five categories I bid on were marked "expired", and the other one was "pending".  Yesterday, I was told that all of my five bids were rejected.  The new status of my bids was as of the day of my cruise, June 5.

We received a "speical offer" to bid for a MoveUp request on our upcoming cruise, with varying minimum bids for all classes above our balcony cabin.  But when I go and try and book a cabin on our cruise to see what the price would be, all cabins are sold out except for inside cabins,  What is the point of bidding for an upgrade other than for cancellations (we're already passed the payment deadline) ?

Edited by colingu
spelling

1 hour ago, colingu said:

We received a "speical offer" to bid for a MoveUp request on our upcoming cruise, with varying minimum bids for all classes above our balcony cabin.  But when I go and try and book a cabin on our cruise to see what the price would be, all cabins are sold out except for inside cabins,  What is the point of bidding for an upgrade other than for cancellations (we're already passed the payment deadline) ?

No customer advantage except as you stated.  A cancellation can affect many different levels as people move up to another category.