Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

19 minutes ago, sixpackeddie said:

Our Cruise departs mid June, We have a few bids on the move up program. Any idea when you are notified your move up is successful?

We just got notified this week for our June 24th cruise but in the past we have been notified a few days before the cruise.

Make sure when you do a dummy booking you also check cabins that can hold 4. That availability does not show up when you are checking for 2 passengers.

On 5/8/2023 at 7:16 AM, Cruise a holic said:

I do occasionally bid.  However, I have also found that if you book the higher category yourself, prior to the move up bids, you sometimes get a better deal.  It also includes the higher level perks and additional cruise points.  We just upgraded our January cruise from a balcony to a sky suite and the price, including the perks worked out fine.  We also cancelled the perks we paid additional for with the lower category cabin.  Hence a refund.  In addition, we got a nicer on board credit.  So if you truly want an upgrade, consider doing it yourself in advance.

Thank you. I decided to call the Blue Chip Club to see what the upgrade $ would be from an aqua class to sky suite for our 12 night cruise on the apex. 
There were only 3 sky suites available and decided to book one for $4561 with basic perks. They also offered a $250 on board credit. I may of been able to get something for less through the move up program but really wanted a sky suite with the larger stateroom and really balcony. So the all on all cost for 2 passengers is $4655 plus the $400 for taxes and fees for the 12 night 0n the apex. 

On 3/5/2019 at 3:58 PM, LIMPIT said:

Just been advised that as a UK based guest, we are unable to participate in the Move Up Upgrade Programme, I tried to register for my upcoming cruise in April on the Equinox.

I think that us UK guests receive second rate service to that being experienced by the US guests, the Celebrity Operator at Customer Services was unable to offer any reasonable explanation why !

As I see it, Celebrity only require a valid registered e-mail address, why is this so difficult to incorperate and offer to UK guests, not sure if guests from other countries are  able to participate ?

On 3/7/2019 at 12:35 PM, GoodScout said:

You can bid on a move-up on their website without receiving an email. 

The minimum bid price, however, is about what it would be had you booked the higher suite in the first place. 

Me? I like my concierge cabin so I'm not bidding another $1200 per person for a worse location in a bigger room. 

I live in scotland and I've just received a Move Up offer and I booked in the UK .

Maybe you have to be in captains club?

Can anyone who's done the Move Up offer before tell me if there's any way you can find out what cabin you will get ?

Im getting a good offer to move up but am anxious I get obstructed balcony or one thats noisy!

6 minutes ago, hobgoblin said:

Can anyone who's done the Move Up offer before tell me if there's any way you can find out what cabin you will get ?

Im getting a good offer to move up but am anxious I get obstructed balcony or one thats noisy!

I've not done it (it's really punitive for a solo cruiser), but as I understand it, you get no say in what cabin you are given. And unlike booking a guarantee, you cannot call and whine that you don't like it.

IOW, as I'd tell the kids in my class when we randomly draw for activities and things "You get what you get, and you don't get upset."

• Like 2

I am looking at the Move up offer on the Silhouette from a Concierge Balcony to a Sky Suite 

Can I please check...

1- We had gratuities included, would we now have to pay extra if we move up?

2 -I think reading back I understand, we would not get extra Captains Club points? 

3 - We would be able to use the Retreat lounge & Sundeck, and Illumina? 

I haven't bid that high, because I don't really like the location of the Sky Suites on deck 12, under the cafe. 

2 minutes ago, debsjc said:

I am looking at the Move up offer on the Silhouette from a Concierge Balcony to a Sky Suite 

Can I please check...

2 -I think reading back I understand, we would not get extra Captains Club points? 

I haven't bid that high, because I don't really like the location of the Sky Suites on deck 12, under the cafe. 

1- yes , need to pay the difference concierge and suite

2- yes , no extra points 

3-yes 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, debsjc said:

Y

Y

Y

• Like 1

I have just put in a  move up bid for an aft balcony on Constellation July 10th.  - they halved the start offer - not a big bid, but just to see.

I have since scoured the website, done mock bookings and find that there are NO afts available on our cruise. Has anyone else had this experience? 

16 minutes ago, waggie said:

I have just put in a  move up bid for an aft balcony on Constellation July 10th.  - they halved the start offer - not a big bid, but just to see.

I have since scoured the website, done mock bookings and find that there are NO afts available on our cruise. Has anyone else had this experience? 

Yes, they are counting on some of these staterooms upgrading to higher classes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hobgoblin said:

No, no way of finding out. We were successful recently and moved up to Aqua Class BUT ended up under a treadmill in the gym 🙄 And we were really far forward. It took 5 minutes to walk to Blu (leisurely pace I’ll admit).

I bid so that we could enjoy Blu, but to be honest didn’t like the cabin location at all. It put me off doing it again to be honest. 
If you don’t mind cabin location it can be a cheap way of enjoying a higher graded cabin. And you may be lucky with the new cabin location! 

• Like 1

From our experience, unless you are bidding on a celebrity suite or higher, you might wind up with a room in a poor location. The best rooms are taken especially now since ships are sailing full. We decided to upgrade from a balcony to a sky suite without the move up and got all the perks and amenities and the location of our choice.  We aren’t gamblers

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Many fellow cruisers who have used the MoveUp program claim that if only one of your bids is pending and LOCKED, you scored that upgrade.  Is that true?  I had to put "locked" in caps because there are some conflicting arguments that claim that pending does not exactly mean you are going to get upgraded, but they did not use the term "locked" in it.  Those are what my fellow cruisers are saying to me, so hopefully it is true.  I bid on five suite categories, and one of them is pending and locked, in addition to the four expired categories.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 69_Starship_420 said:

Many fellow cruisers who have used the MoveUp program claim that if only one of your bids is pending and LOCKED, you scored that upgrade.  Is that true?  I had to put "locked" in caps because there are some conflicting arguments that claim that pending does not exactly mean you are going to get upgraded, but they did not use the term "locked" in it.  Those are what my fellow cruisers are saying to me, so hopefully it is true.  I bid on five suite categories, and one of them is pending and locked, in addition to the four expired categories.

5 suite categories is quite impressive...good luck.  Celebrity wanted a near fortune for me to bid, so that did not happen.  When I wanted to MoveUp to another cabin, after the process ended and there was still availability, Celebrity wanted the ver top of the MoveUp bid.  I was a little surprised, so no negotiation from me at all.  Turned out that I made a great decision to stay where I was for various reasons.

Edited by Lastdance

17 hours ago, 69_Starship_420 said:

Sounds promising, well done! When is your cruise 

32 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Which ship?

The Edge, Barcelona to Rome. We are already booked in a suite, and since the itinerary is so port heavy, we will probably pass on this offer. We did do it last summer and were very happy with the upgrade offer.

6 hours ago, Provence55always said:

Just got our MoveUp bid to Aqua 👌👌accepted for our cruise next week in Scandinavia. Anyone experienced Aqua recently on the Silhouette?

Congrats on the upgrade. I was in Aqua for the transatlantic in April and enjoyed it a great deal. There were some long-ish (30+ min) waits for a table for dinner at Blu but once inside the food was very good and the service was excellent.