Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

10 minutes ago, letsgogogo said:

Hmmm that makes a lot of sense. Still no aqua open the “old fashioned” way so no luck there. I hadn’t really thought about this hierarchy. I will say this much. I have been watching the open inventory daily. About the only thing selling now are the inside cabins when they pop up from cancellations. All the other inventory is priced high and just sitting there. We are 1 week from sail away. 

The inside cabins that have become available may be a result of move up from inside to verandah rather than cancellations.  If you had the option to bid on lower categories than aqua, perhaps you may have been successful moving upward if that was your intent?

6 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

The inside cabins that have become available may be a result of move up from inside to verandah rather than cancellations

That would make sense except veranda are also sold out. The only inventory for sale now are about a dozen each OV and Concierge, plus 2 FV and some suites. No aqua. No regular veranda. Both have been sold out for weeks. 

2 minutes ago, letsgogogo said:

That would make sense except veranda are also sold out. The only inventory for sale now are about a dozen each OV and Concierge, plus 2 FV and some suites. No aqua. No regular veranda. Both have been sold out for weeks. 

Plus I have a fat bid in all categories as well so if they were already moving up insides, I’d think that would have happened by now. Everyone in my roll calls says no move ups yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, letsgogogo said:

Plus I have a fat bid in all categories as well so if they were already moving up insides, I’d think that would have happened by now. Everyone in my roll calls says no move ups yet. 

I also have a couple of bids and our cruise is in 13 days. I suspect they may wait until nearer the time so the can see what the last minute covid cancellations bring.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, letsgogogo said:

Also check your bids as they may no longer be at the maximum. For both my bids the maximum has increased several times. Not by much but a little each time. No point in thinking you are at the max if a few dollars more would make sure you are still there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Also check your bids as they may no longer be at the maximum. For both my bids the maximum has increased several times

Interesting! I’m on it. Looks like no changes but I will keep watch. 

Edited by letsgogogo

32 minutes ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Mines have increased by £170 and £105 although I am now wondering if that is down to our exchange rate dropping.

I’m also curious if the min/max vary per passenger based on the class you are currently in vs everyone allowed to bid for that class gets the same min/max. 

16 minutes ago, letsgogogo said:

I’m also curious if the min/max vary per passenger based on the class you are currently in vs everyone allowed to bid for that class gets the same min/max. 

I've noticed the minimum on my 2 bids have increased in the last day...any idea what that could indicate?  Maybe more bids than expected so raising the ante?

3 hours ago, letsgogogo said:

If the FV is in your budget I'd snag it in a heartbeat.  The room is the size of a Sky Suite and the balcony (even if not the corner) is awsome.   You wouldn't get Blu or the extra CC points but these rooms are very hard to get for 2 passengers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

If the FV is in your budget I'd snag it in a heartbeat.  The room is the size of a Sky Suite and the balcony (even if not the corner) is awsome.   You wouldn't get Blu or the extra CC points but these rooms are very hard to get for 2 passengers.

It’s in my budget if I can win a MoveUp but not otherwise 

I have been engaging in similar speculation regarding my current pending moveup offer on a SS on our upcoming cruise in early November. Of course I understand that it is entirely possible that we might get one of the two S3's currently available, but I sure would prefer one of the four S2's or the one S1 that are currently available.

Edited by Mrs_Tiki

1 hour ago, letsgogogo said:

I has to vary. We are currently in a CS so our upgrade figures and banding will be the same as all the other 11 CS suites. Those in a SS or AQ will have their own options depending on their cabin type. You also have to factor in the fact that your captains club status gives you an enhancement of 1% to 5% for zenith. We are E+ so our bid is enhanced by 4% but a zenith bidding from the same suite gets an extra 5%.

Does anyone find it odd that no MoveUp offers are being sent for Solstice Mexican Riviera sailings? We're 18 or 19 nights out and nothing has come and the site doesn't let us in. I might e-mail to ask. I know they're using Blue Chip to clearance out these sailings but would think they'd try to do Move Up as well. Has anyone else received one or is it just us? We booked directly with Celebrity: two insides, a Sky Suite, and a Royal Suite, so all types of cabins. 

11 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Also check your bids as they may no longer be at the maximum. For both my bids the maximum has increased several times. Not by much but a little each time. No point in thinking you are at the max if a few dollars more would make sure you are still there.

The opposite could also happen and did happen on one that I bid on.   They dropped both the minnimum and the Max. about 2 weeks prior to the cruise     My bid was over the New Max and I changed it to a number under the Max and won the upgrade.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 9:24 PM, sbcs5390 said:

Does anyone find it odd that no MoveUp offers are being sent for Solstice Mexican Riviera sailings? We're 18 or 19 nights out and nothing has come and the site doesn't let us in. I might e-mail to ask. I know they're using Blue Chip to clearance out these sailings but would think they'd try to do Move Up as well. Has anyone else received one or is it just us? We booked directly with Celebrity: two insides, a Sky Suite, and a Royal Suite, so all types of cabins. 

Interesting. I was going to check Saturday as we would then be 21 days out. However, it loses it’s appeal for me as we’re in a Concierge already with no perks and wouldn’t get the drink package, gratuities, etc.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lhsail said:

Interesting. I was going to check Saturday as we would then be 21 days out. However, it loses it’s appeal for me as we’re in a Concierge already with no perks and wouldn’t get the drink package, gratuities, etc.  

If you upgraded to a sky suite you would have unlimited free drinks in the retreat lounge…

On 9/26/2022 at 8:24 PM, sbcs5390 said:

I wasn't able to do Move Up offers either. I kept getting the 21 day error code. I contact Move Up by email and they finally added 2 out of 3 reservations for Move Up. The one we really wanted to do a Move Up offer they stated it was to late - we bit the bullet and paid for the upgrade 2 days ago.

• Thanks 1

I received my upgrade to a suite from an SV, deck 11, Apex-Rome to Rome 12 night cruise.  I bid a small amount over the beginning bid, receiving a great suite on deck 10.  I was so afraid of a low deck on the MC.  We usually book suites, but the price was rediculous, IMHO, so went with an SV.  Is that really fair to all those who paid thousands more?  I go a great deal, with lots of OBC from Celebrity and my TA, as this cruise was booked so long ago with price drops and all top packages.  This is my first cruise with a b2b/TA, so hoping everything goes well.  It is difficult on E-class to get a suite for 12 days or more that is less than $9,000 nowadays.  This is my first MoveUp that I have won, though I did bid several years ago for an RS; none were open, but I bid anyway.  I withdrew my bid for a MoveUp on my TA to a Villa because we booked an S1corner aft and suites have been sold out forever, with a few opening up now and then.

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mrbp1 said:

Just got the MoveUp offer today for the October 15 Solstice Mexican sailing.

Interesting - we're on 10/15 too. Nothing yet for me but I'm already in a SS and don't want to move. My mom e-mailed the move up support address last night asking but no response and no e-mail offers yet. Also no luck putting in any of our four booking numbers for 10/15 or 10/22. Maybe they're working through the manifest now. We booked direct with Celebrity. 

25 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

We received a Move Up email for our December cruise with 76 days until the sailing. Never have we gotten one so early! We love our current cabin and aren't interested in bidding for this cruise but we've never been able to bid this early.

I simply go to Celebrity website, login and go to moveup and bid.  Often get no email.

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I simply go to Celebrity website, login and go to moveup and bid.  Often get no email.

That is exactly what I do. This is the first time we've received the Move Up email.  Normally however I've never been able to bid this early before a cruise date. Strange.