Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

7 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

So sorry as I know this has been asked many times but I can’t find. 
if I use move up offer do I get the extra CC points? 

If you sign up for the "GoGreen" program, you both receive one day of extra CC points, you generally receive an email a few weeks out..  The GoGreen program just means they don't do a full turndown cleaning, they won't scrub the shower/tub or wipe things down with chemicals (they still give you a full cleaning every morning) they'll still make the bed, straighten up things, take out the trash and replace dirty towels with fresh ones.

• 4 weeks later...

Just spoke with Celebrity re Move Up program.  If you bid on a suite from a veranda cabin, NONE of the benefits listed in Move Up description for suites go along with that bid.  NO access to the Retreat or Luminae, NO perks of suite…just get the cabin along with any perks you have with Veranda.  Very misleading in the Move Up email.  The listed benefits for suites and Aqua, etc should be removed as they are not part of the bid. Read the fine print at end of Move Up email. “The upgrade does not include any additional promotions or amenities.  Current promotions on the reservation will not be altered.  Guests will keep same amenities they have on their current booking.”

48 minutes ago, mauicruiser said:

Just spoke with Celebrity re Move Up program.  If you bid on a suite from a veranda cabin, NONE of the benefits listed in Move Up description for suites go along with that bid.  NO access to the Retreat or Luminae, NO perks of suite…just get the cabin along with any perks you have with Veranda.  Very misleading in the Move Up email.  The listed benefits for suites and Aqua, etc should be removed as they are not part of the bid. Read the fine print at end of Move Up email. “The upgrade does not include any additional promotions or amenities.  Current promotions on the reservation will not be altered.  Guests will keep same amenities they have on their current booking.”

You spoke to someone not familiar with the program.  Call again. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mauicruiser said:

Actually you're not correct, at least where it comes to Aqua. By your description, if you received an accepted Move Up bid to Aqua class you'd not be able to dine in Blu, or receive the bottle of wine, the access to the Persian Gardens, the water replenished daily etc. We did receive those. We did not receive the extra 2 points per night that Aqua gets over a regular verandah. We also received the better tote bag, card case and upgraded bath items. It's a bit confusing.

On 3/5/2019 at 9:58 AM, LIMPIT said:

Just been advised that as a UK based guest, we are unable to participate in the Move Up Upgrade Programme, I tried to register for my upcoming cruise in April on the Equinox.

I think that us UK guests receive second rate service to that being experienced by the US guests, the Celebrity Operator at Customer Services was unable to offer any reasonable explanation why !

As I see it, Celebrity only require a valid registered e-mail address, why is this so difficult to incorperate and offer to UK guests, not sure if guests from other countries are  able to participate ?

Could it be based on some UK law?

Usually when something is not available in a certain region, it is because of some weird or obscure law that prohibits it.

3 hours ago, mauicruiser said:

Just spoke with Celebrity re Move Up program.  If you bid on a suite from a veranda cabin, NONE of the benefits listed in Move Up description for suites go along with that bid.  NO access to the Retreat or Luminae, NO perks of suite…just get the cabin along with any perks you have with Veranda. 

So sad to keep hearing how misinformed may of the telephone support people are at this time.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2019 at 10:58 AM, LIMPIT said:

Just been advised that as a UK based guest, we are unable to participate in the Move Up Upgrade Programme, I tried to register for my upcoming cruise in April on the Equinox.

I think that us UK guests receive second rate service to that being experienced by the US guests, the Celebrity Operator at Customer Services was unable to offer any reasonable explanation why !

As I see it, Celebrity only require a valid registered e-mail address, why is this so difficult to incorperate and offer to UK guests, not sure if guests from other countries are  able to participate ?

It's not just people from UK that aren't allowed to participate. Some folks from the US cannot participate because the TA they use doesn't allow it. There are all kinds of rules that preclude some from participation. It can be quite confusing. Also, some folks receive an email inviting participation and some don't. We book all of our X cruises with a particular TA. Sometimes we receive an email invitation to participate in the Move Up bidding, sometimes we have to access it through the X website. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. These crazy pandemic times with many companies suffering from staffing difficulties may be a contributing factor to the confusion as well.

Hi, I’m a UK guest sailing on 30th May from Southampton  and we’ve received the move up email and bid in GBP.

We also sailed with their sister company  RCCL last summer 2021 and had a successful bid through move up, again, sailing from the UK.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mauicruiser said:

So sorry that you either misunderstood or were mis informed.  If you win a bid for a suite, you will be able to dine in Luminae and relax in the Retreat Lounge and Deck (if available)

I hope this is not causing you too much anxiety.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mauicruiser said:

We just completed a cruise that was a successful moveup bid from a veranda to a sky suite. We kept the original All included benefits (basic wifi, gratuities, classic beverage package) but had the suite amenities ( personal retreat host, access to Michaels club and Luminae)

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, mauicruiser said:

I specifically asked about access to Luminae and was told no.  Very nice agent assured me that all we would get would be cabin.  I am happy it worked out for you.

The agent gave you the wrong info. Move up includes Luminae.  Just not the perks like free wifi, drink package and onboard credit. Call again 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, mauicruiser said:

I specifically asked about access to Luminae and was told no.  Very nice agent assured me that all we would get would be cabin.  I am happy it worked out for you.

The fact the Agent was “very nice” isn’t a guarantee she answers every question correctly, or is informed. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mauicruiser said:

Giggle…not my first rodeo.  Confirmed with Supervisor.😪

Then that’s really scary. A Supervisor confirming you’re in a Sky Suite, but won’t be dining in Luminae. Yikes! 🤦

No, did not bid in Move Up because I read the paragraph about no accessing benefits of suite!  Including Luminae, the Retreat, etc. That prompted the call to Celebrity to verify I was reading it right.  If Celebrity opts to do that, it should remove the amenities that are listed….that is where I have a problem.

If that supervisor is "correct" then I should not be able to dine in Blu, or have free access to the Persian Garden on my current cruise.  I won my bid to MoveUp from concierge to aqua class.  I do think this is a case of HUCA (hang up, call again) b/c why on earth would anyone want to bid to move up at all?  I get that moving up to a retreat class suite does not get you gratuities, premium drinks, and OBC, but it should get you The Retreat access, and Luminae.  

• Like 3

Our Move Up bid , accepted for our last cruise in November/ December, moved us from verandah to Aqua.  We dined in Blu, had access to Persian Garden, replenished water daily, a bottle of bubbly, afternoon savories delivered daily. The only thing we didn't get that we usually get when booking Aqua was the additional 2 Captains Club points per night. 

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dreams_of_travel said:  I get that moving up to a retreat class suite does not get you gratuities, premium drinks, and OBC, but it should get you The Retreat access, and Luminae.  

It not only SHOULD get you Retreat/Luminae access, it DOES! 😉

• Like 2

Okay - Celebrity newbie here.  Having reviewed a good bit of this thread, I'm pretty sure that I have a Move-Up on Eclipse for our Inside Passage on May 15.  I booked a suite guarantee, got assigned a Sky, bid on Celebrity and Royal suites, Celebrity suite is now showing 'expired' and Royal is 'pending' and nothing can be changed or adjusted.  Tried a mock bid on Penthouse and it said 'not eligible' - so if I am reading the tea leaves correctly, eventually I will be notified that I have an upgrade to Royal Suite.  

However, this is the second of a back to back on Eclipse, the first of which is May 4, Honolulu to Vancouver on a repositioning.  I have an Aqua booked, and bids on Sky, Celebrity, and Royal, all still marked pending and all can be adjusted, cancelled, etc.  

My question is this:  Is it weird for upgrades to be handled for the same ship 'out of order' of sail date?  Someone on the move up tracker is on the Inside Passage AFTER ours and has already indicated that their bid was accepted and they'd gotten notice and new cabin assignment.  This seems really odd to my rather linear mind, but may be normal??

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DonahCBrown said:

My question is this:  Is it weird for upgrades to be handled for the same ship 'out of order' of sail date?  Someone on the move up tracker is on the Inside Passage AFTER ours and has already indicated that their bid was accepted and they'd gotten notice and new cabin assignment.  This seems really odd to my rather linear mind, but may be normal??

Timing will vary depending upon a number of factors, including how fully booked a given cruise happens to be, and hence, availability and how quickly the 3rd party bid agency can lock down remaining cabins with bids.  Everything else being equal, one should expect answers more quickly on the most heavily booked cruises where the number of possible permutations is far less to begin with.