Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

Wow... your digging up a really old message chain.   You may be better served finding one or two of the posts from this week.

Pending means you placed an Offer and you have neither won an upgrade or received a rejection e-mail.   If you have a pending status it will remain that way until you are either upgraded or notified 48 hours prior to cruise. 

You can also go back into your bid using the confirmation e-mail and either cancel or modify your bid.

I've gone all the way back to May postings and didn't see anything about the appearance of the "pending" box in this thread but I'm very sorry to have bothered anyone with an "old message chain" question. I've put in many move up offers for past cruises and never had the experience of having a special box appear at the top of the page. All my offers have always remained in the usual order on the page with a "pending" next to any of my offers. This just looked very different so I was curious. Sorry.

But, thank you for your reply.

I placed a bid for our last cruise and received the pending label mentioned in the above post. I didn’t receive a move up, and never received a rejection notification prior to my cruise. Was I supposed to receive a Rejection response from someone? 

5 hours ago, kathynorth said:

I placed a bid for our last cruise and received the pending label mentioned in the above post. I didn’t receive a move up, and never received a rejection notification prior to my cruise. Was I supposed to receive a Rejection response from someone? 

For all my bids that I did not win I received an e-mail at exactly 48 hours (from ship departure).

image.png.99e9fa52c98ff452948ed1a7a37a4158.png

• Thanks 1

Hi Jim, thanks for the reply. Did your bid have a pending banner as the poster above described? I wish I kept a photo of my pending message to see if this was a normal message.  I'm wondering if my bid didn't register in the system since I never received the notification. Next time I'll be sure to watch for this.  

6 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

Hi Jim, thanks for the reply. Did your bid have a pending banner as the poster above described? I wish I kept a photo of my pending message to see if this was a normal message.  I'm wondering if my bid didn't register in the system since I never received the notification. Next time I'll be sure to watch for this.  

Yes.   After I bid on 3 different classification upgrades all of them showed pending up until 48 hours prior to sailing.  

I went back and looked at the one I won and I was notified of my upgrade 10 days prior to sailing.  I was upgraded from AQ Guarantee to RS.    

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes.   After I bid on 3 different classification upgrades all of them showed pending up until 48 hours prior to sailing.  

I went back and looked at the one I won and I was notified of my upgrade 10 days prior to sailing.  I was upgraded from AQ Guarantee to RS.    

Did you bid low, medium or high?  Thanks!

5 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Sailing in four days, haven’t heard anything yet. 

The two times I’ve bid (and failed), I was notified of the failure 48 hours before sailing as the fine print suggests. 

On 1/1/2020 at 9:23 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Hi again!  I'm asking again about the bid that you won.  Did you bid weak, fair or strong.  That was a great upgrade!!  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Cruizen Susan said:

Hi again!  I'm asking again about the bid that you won.  Did you bid weak, fair or strong.  That was a great upgrade!!  Thanks!

I have to admit it was an unusual cruise.   After hitting Zenith we decided to try out AQ as we get most of the perks we need already.   We were booked in a RS for the second cruise.   The cruise was the first half of a B2B and was a short 5 day cruise stopping in Key West and Nassau prior to a TransAtlantic.   I think the lowest bid was $300 pp and I bid $555 pp just about 1/4 up on the slider. 

I have a feeling that the short cruise attracted value based travelers and there wasn't much competition.   So much for the trial.   We ended up doing a b2b in AQ on Summit and loved it.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have to admit it was an unusual cruise.   After hitting Zenith we decided to try out AQ as we get most of the perks we need already.   We were booked in a RS for the second cruise.   The cruise was the first half of a B2B and was a short 5 day cruise stopping in Key West and Nassau prior to a TransAtlantic.   I think the lowest bid was $300 pp and I bid $555 pp just about 1/4 up on the slider. 

I have a feeling that the short cruise attracted value based travelers and there wasn't much competition.   So much for the trial.   We ended up doing a b2b in AQ on Summit and loved it.

Thanks for the reply!!   I'm now learning the ins and outs of the bidding system,  and while it would be nice to get a suite,  I'm happy with my AQ hump cabin too.   We had a suite on the Summit in May and loved it and have gotten spoiled with the "suite life"  This bid is for the Silhouette sailing in March, 12 nights Southern Caribbean, great ports.  Probably a good deal of competition, although there are surprisingly quite a few cabins left in all categories.  I bid only a high "weak" amount, because I paid a good sum for the AQ to begin with.   Que sara sara!!

Happy cruisin'

Susan

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

1.  As for whether this Celebrity MoveUp is for everyone or a restricted audience, we’re Celebrity 1st timers and got the email.

2. in my humble opinion, even making the minimum bid seems very expensive (asking for $1500 as the min bid to go from a Sunset Veranda to a Sky Suite seems a little over the top)

3. I’m also afraid to bid on a Suite and win as my wife will now consider that as the new standard for future cruises

Edited by Luckiestmanonearth
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

1.  As for whether this Celebrity MoveUp is for everyone or a restricted audience, we’re Celebrity 1st timers and got the email.

2. in my humble opinion, even making the minimum bid seems very expensive (asking for $1500 as the min bid to go from a Sunset Veranda to a Sky Suite seems a little over the top)

3. I’m also afraid to bid on a Suite and win as my wife will now consider that as the new standard for future cruises

2.  I am fairly certain people have paid $214 a day per person premium for SS over a Sunset Balcony, but might be risky on the Edge.  I would not want several of the SS cabins.

3.  My first suite upgrade was just the cost of giving up a free Beverage package and that is exactly what happened to us.  If you want to save money in the future, do not book a Royal Suite.  We do book suites less than a Royal Suite, but it is the standard that we use to judge all suites.  We can think of nothing we would value over  the Celebrity Royal Suite experience.

Enjoy your first Celebrity experience in your Sunset Veranda.

2 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Actually well worth it.  The suite perks are wonderful.  If the edge the suite deck is so great

And probably yes about going back to a regular cabin.  I cannot go back!!!

Edited by Cruise a holic

4 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Actually well worth it.  The suite perks are wonderful.  If the edge the suite deck is so great

And probably yes about going back to a regular cabin.  I cannot go back!!!

That is the only problem with upgrading to a suite.    It is addictive and going back to a regular cabin is difficult. 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I confess I haven't looked through all 23 pages, so if this has come up before, please forgive me, but I'm also a Celebrity newbie and have  question.  We're currently booked in Aqua cabin and have put in a bid for a move up to any of the suites available.  I understand that we will keep the promotional package we booked, which is great, but if we do get the suite upgrade bid, do we also get to keep the Blu and Persian Garden access that we originally booked with the Aqua cabin?

2 minutes ago, DonahCBrown said:

I confess I haven't looked through all 23 pages, so if this has come up before, please forgive me, but I'm also a Celebrity newbie and have  question.  We're currently booked in Aqua cabin and have put in a bid for a move up to any of the suites available.  I understand that we will keep the promotional package we booked, which is great, but if we do get the suite upgrade bid, do we also get to keep the Blu and Persian Garden access that we originally booked with the Aqua cabin?

If you get a suite your dining will be upgraded to luminae.  Persian garden no but the suite lounge so worth it!  You are in for a real treat   Good luck

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DonahCBrown said:

No you would get Luminae and would have to buy pass for persian garden  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2019 at 3:58 PM, LIMPIT said:

Just been advised that as a UK based guest, we are unable to participate in the Move Up Upgrade Programme, I tried to register for my upcoming cruise in April on the Equinox.

I think that us UK guests receive second rate service to that being experienced by the US guests, the Celebrity Operator at Customer Services was unable to offer any reasonable explanation why !

As I see it, Celebrity only require a valid registered e-mail address, why is this so difficult to incorperate and offer to UK guests, not sure if guests from other countries are  able to participate ?

We are UK based and received an invitation to upgrade on our both our B2B upcoming cruises. We declined but we did get the offers. I didn't register, the invites just dropped into my inbox. 

2 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

So sorry as I know this has been asked many times but I can’t find. 
if I use move up offer do I get the extra CC points? 

No.. based on original cabin