Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

3 minutes ago, korryp said:

Just add on another reason not to use a TA. They must lose money and a booking if they allowed it. 

This is not the policy of all TAs, though.  My TA participates in the MoveUp program, and we get either a discount or OBC, whichever we prefer for our cruise.  For us it's definitely been worth using a TA.

Interesting.  I wonder why a TA would opt out of the Move Up program.   

We have a cruise booked on RCI and I noticed on their FAQ about the Royal Up program that the increased amount collected for a move up customer is commissionable.   I would think Celebrity would have the same policy as RCI.  

Yes, based on the commission percent on the booking. At this time, the only exception is for bookings that reserve under a net price code which will not earn commission on the upcharge.

2 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

We have a cruise booked on RCI and I noticed on their FAQ about the Royal Up program that the increased amount collected for a move up customer is commissionable.   I would think Celebrity would have the same policy as RCI.  

Yes, based on the commission percent on the booking. At this time, the only exception is for bookings that reserve under a net price code which will not earn commission on the upcharge.

I am asking the big box exactly that question.  Look, if the participation represents some cost to the TA, OK, maybe it is a rational choice, maybe not.  But if there is no cost, or if, indeed, they are foregoing some additional commission by not participating, then what the hell?

We leave on our trip soon, but I will try to post the response from the big box when I get one (their complaint form does not offer quick responses).  I have found the additional value of the big box to be the best among the travel agents with which I have checked, but this is a definite negative in my view.

Tom & Judy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, korryp said:

Just add on another reason not to use a TA. They must lose money and a booking if they allowed it. 

I receive the MoveUp offers directly from Celebrity with a “cc” to my TA “Outlet”.   I used to book direct, but have had nothing but *stellar* service from my TA and I receive all offers / promos from Celebrity, as well as “extras” (above and beyond) from my amazing TA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, korryp said:

I use a TA.  I was able to participate in the Moveup program. MY TA is been nothing short of phenomenal.  He stayed on top of the price reduction/s etc. and I got a lower price than Celebrity quoted  initially.  

• Like 1

"

Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater! We use a large online TA, and are able to participate in the Move Up if we wish. We also received lower rates than are published on the X site, receive extra perks from the TA, as well as 10% of our cruise fare back and another loyalty OBC. I couldn't imagine a reason to NOT us the TA. We've booked with them for over 10 years and have always done better with them than we could booking direct.

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, AnnaNicole said:

Is the RoyalUp program the same as Celebrity’s MoveUp bidding process?  Also is it run by a third party like Celebrity’s program?

3 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

"

Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater! We use a large online TA, and are able to participate in the Move Up if we wish. We also received lower rates than are published on the X site, receive extra perks from the TA, as well as 10% of our cruise fare back and another loyalty OBC. I couldn't imagine a reason to NOT us the TA. We've booked with them for over 10 years and have always done better with them than we could booking direct.

Well, I agree.  I don't know if it is worth switching in the future, and at the moment I have 3 more cruises lined up with the big box TA.  I would love to learn more about yours for future decision-making.  Feel free to contact me at the linked email address if you are willing.

Tom & Judy

8 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Yes, Yes.

Thanks.  I see why it would it would be logical that Celebrity and Royal program would have similar terms. If one of my Celebrity Move Up offers are ever accepted, I will have to ask my TA.

I see no logical reason that the “big box” TA would want to put their clients at a disadvantage.  If enough customers push them, perhaps they will provide an answer.  I would have guessed that it was because they do not earn a commission on the extra move up monies.  ( I know the extra money is paid directly to Celebrity and not the TA).

it will be interesting to hear back from Tfree if they ever get a response.

Hi Everyone,

anyone know if the move up min. bid amount change as you get closer to sail date? My minimum move up bid to Family Veranda is currently $200pp (summit May 19).  I'm hoping if I wait closer to the date it'll go down to something for affordable. 

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Love.NCL said:

Hi Everyone,

anyone know if the move up min. bid amount change as you get closer to sail date? My minimum move up bid to Family Veranda is currently $200pp (summit May 19).  I'm hoping if I wait closer to the date it'll go down to something for affordable. 

Thank you.

I haven't seen the minimum bids change at all. Sorry.

2 hours ago, Love.NCL said:

Hi Everyone,

Thank you.

Our minimum bids only went up with time (not by a lot, but they did)

5 hours ago, Love.NCL said:

Hi Everyone,

Thank you.

I've seen them go down on my May 17 Alaska cruise, but there were a LOT of vacant cabins.  Not so many left now.  Think they've moved everybody up.

3 hours ago, esydnor1 said:

I just got back from a cruise on Equinox where I had bid the MAXIMUM allowed for a particular MoveUp bid and I still did not get what I bid on.  So, I'm thinking now...whats the point?

They can't sell you what's not available.

But if any of the occupants of that cabin grade cancelled, then you almost certainly would have scored.

11 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

They can't sell you what's not available.

But if any of the occupants of that cabin grade cancelled, then you almost certainly would have scored.

Exactly. We very narrowly avoided having to cancel our Celebrity Suite last week. I’m sure Celebrity had accepted lots of bids for our category, regardless. 

Wondering how the Move up email recipients are chosen.  I can't see how Celebrity can charge your credit card if you have not given them it.  We booked through a mass market travel agent and paid them.  They will have paid Celebrity. I did however purchase a Drinks Upgrade and had to ring Celebrity direct back in December as it was not possible to do it online. Obviously paid by credit  card, so Celebrity has  my credit card number.  I did receive the upgrade offer yet to be accepted or refused. 

30 minutes ago, rowingmachine said:

Wondering how the Move up email recipients are chosen.  I can't see how Celebrity can charge your credit card if you have not given them it.  We booked through a mass market travel agent and paid them.  They will have paid Celebrity. I did however purchase a Drinks Upgrade and had to ring Celebrity direct back in December as it was not possible to do it online. Obviously paid by credit  card, so Celebrity has  my credit card number.  I did receive the upgrade offer yet to be accepted or refused. 

Your credit card number is requested when you provide your bid.  

If your move up bid gets accepted for a Celebrity suite and you have already purchased a 4 night dinner package can u cancel your package and get your OBC back in your account.

This is on the Equinox in June don’t know exactly what will be done to the suites in the month of May in Spain