Celebrity MoveUp

CruisingChick

5 minutes ago, paulbds said:

Update. to my upgrade bid

I bid £80 each for an upgrade from inside ( deck 10). This was the minimum amount-still showed red on the meter-

Due to sail transatlantic miami6to Southampton on 28th April

Just had email, total £160 for ocean view and now on deck 6.

Oceanview looks good looking at YouTube video

I am happy to have paid the extra for the view and slightly extra size room. Works out at just over £11/ night extra

Offer of £335 each for aqua class upgrade rejected!. Not a problem as travelling with 2 other couples.

You did very well.  Congratulations!  Thank you for the update.  It is helpful to others.

31 minutes ago, Pilgrim70 said:

My bids for upgrade are still pending for April 22 TA. Site has all suites sold out. Wonder if I still have much chance of a move up?

Based on the last few weeks of the Edge sailings, they took almost all of the suites off-line on Monday, six days before the Sunday departure, and they started notifying people during the days that followed.  I was notified exactly 48 hours before departure (to the  minute) that my bid for a larger suite was rejected.  Good luck, good cruise to you. 

• Like 1

I just got notified that my upgrade bid was accepted for our Saturday April 27 sailing on Silhouette.  The original move-up email inviting us to bid was received April 11, so I waited about a week to get the news.

We were in a deck 6 obstructed cabin (assigned as a gty cabin), and I bid a very small amount over minimum, for an Aqua-class cabin (minimum was $150/pp and I bid $160/pp). I am excited for it and happy with the cost. I am looking forward to Blu, although i recognize there are an awful lot of Blu haters out there!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, linderr6 said:

I just got notified that my upgrade bid was accepted for our Saturday April 27 sailing on Silhouette.  The original move-up email inviting us to bid was received April 11, so I waited about a week to get the news.

We were in a deck 6 obstructed cabin (assigned as a gty cabin), and I bid a very small amount over minimum, for an Aqua-class cabin (minimum was $150/pp and I bid $160/pp). I am excited for it and happy with the cost. I am looking forward to Blu, although i recognize there are an awful lot of Blu haters out there!

Fantastic!  Thank you so much for being so detailed.  It is very helpful to others.  Have a fantastic cruise.

8 minutes ago, linderr6 said:

Congratulations! There are also lots of Blu enthusiasts out there, myself included. Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, linderr6 said:

We were originally on that cruise, but ended up switching to the May 26 sailing on Reflection.  But that is a fantastic result.  Good for you!

Tom & Judy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JFontaine said:

Based on the last few weeks of the Edge sailings, they took almost all of the suites off-line on Monday, six days before the Sunday departure, and they started notifying people during the days that followed.  I was notified exactly 48 hours before departure (to the  minute) that my bid for a larger suite was rejected.  Good luck, good cruise to you. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, TFree said:

We were originally on that cruise, but ended up switching to the May 26 sailing on Reflection.  But that is a fantastic result.  Good for you!

Tom & Judy

Tom and Judy,

I think you will have a much warmer cruise than we will! But i am excited anyway.

1 hour ago, linderr6 said:

Congratulations! That’s a fantastic upgrade for an even better price.

7 hours ago, linderr6 said:

Enjoy! And I'll bet there are waaaaay more Blu lovers out there (myself included). Remember that people tend to post more when they're unhappy than satisfied...human nature.  Thanks for sharing your good fortune. 

• Like 3

I am leaving on the Edge this Sunday, inside cabin.Yesterday I bid on an ocean view for the minimum bid of $50 pp It was accepted in 1/2 hour.  I was assigned to a panoramic ov.  Very happy with the outcome but was a little nervous about where the cabin would be location if I won.

• Like 2

I’ve been following this thread for a while, as I have received a few MoveUp offers, but have not bid to date.  I’m interested in the concept and do see the benefits (scoring a higher category at a good/great price point) and the pitfalls (sometimes less $ to upgrade yourselves after final payment).   So?  I thought a tracking system of how successful (or not) customers have been.  We can scroll through the messages, OR, have a single point of comparison (for those interested).  

If interested, here’s my proposal - run it similar to the Cabin Threads that track reviews.

My draft is here and I grabbed a few examples to try out if the columns work:  CELEBRITY MOVEUP TRACKER

If you want to participate (share the intel), then answer the following questions and I will input into the tracker.

Ship:  
Sail Date:
Length of Cruise:
Date email offer received:
Current Cabin:
Bid?  Yes/No:
If YES:
Cabin Category:
Bid Offer:
Notification Date:
Accepted / Rejected:
Comments:
Captain’s Club Tier:
Booked via Celebrity of TA:

I will also add a tab at the bottom for “Terms and Conditions” to help with the common FAQs.

I honestly don’t know if it’s worth to do this “long term”, but willing to track for a while to see if any interesting trends come from it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ship:  Millennium
Sail Date: May 10, 2019
Length of Cruise: 7 nights
Date email offer received:  April 11, 2019
Current Cabin: AQ1
Bid?  Yes/No:  No.  Minimum Offers (CAD$) were:  525 (SS), 800 (CS), 1200 (RS) pp
If YES:
Cabin Category:
Bid Offer:
Notification Date:
Accepted / Rejected:
Comments:

Captain’s Club Tier:  Elite
Booked via Celebrity of TA:  TA

Edited by hvbaskey

31 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

I’ve been following this thread for a while, as I have received a few MoveUp offers, but have not bid to date.  I’m interested in the concept and do see the benefits (scoring a higher category at a good/great price point) and the pitfalls (sometimes less $ to upgrade yourselves after final payment).   So?  I thought a tracking system of how successful (or not) customers have been.  We can scroll through the messages, OR, have a single point of comparison (for those interested).  

If interested, here’s my proposal - run it similar to the Cabin Threads that track reviews.

My draft is here and I grabbed a few examples to try out if the columns work:  CELEBRITY MOVEUP TRACKER

If you want to participate (share the intel), then answer the following questions and I will input into the tracker.

Ship:  
Sail Date:
Length of Cruise:
Date email offer received:
Current Cabin:
Bid?  Yes/No:
If YES:
Cabin Category:
Bid Offer:
Notification Date:
Accepted / Rejected:
Comments:
Captain’s Club Tier:
Booked via Celebrity of TA:

I will also add a tab at the bottom for “Terms and Conditions” to help with the common FAQs.

I honestly don’t know if it’s worth to do this “long term”, but willing to track for a while to see if any interesting trends come from it.

APOLOGIES!  please use this link:  CELEBRITY MOVE UP TRACKER

I was inadvertently in the wrong google account (DH’s LOL) - so please use the above to view, the first link will be disabled.  

3 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

I was inadvertently in the wrong google account (DH’s LOL) - so please use the above to view, the first link will be disabled.  

Thank you so much for taking this on!  It is greatly appreciated.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

Thanks for starting, will be interesting to compare once more information had been added. It would also be nice to see a column asking if this is the pax’s first X cruise - just for comparison purposes 😉.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villauk said:

Thanks for starting, will be interesting to compare once more information had been added. It would also be nice to see a column asking if this is the pax’s first X cruise - just for comparison purposes 😉.

Will put a note for Captain’s Club Tier, that is it was a first cruise - choose “Preview” (first cruise designation tier)

CELEBRITY MOVE UP TRACKER (effective April 19, 2019; but can back-fill data, if available)

• Ship:  
  • Cruise Sail Date:
  • Length of Cruise:
  • Date email offer received:
  • Captain’s Club Tier [enter “PREVIEW”, if it was your first Celebrity Cruise]:
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: 
  • Current Cabin:
  • Bid?  Yes/No:

If YES -  Bidding Details:

• Cabin Category:
  • Bid Offer:
  • Notification Date:
  • Accepted / Rejected

Comments (whether one bids, or not):   details on move up offers (across categories), etc

Edited by hvbaskey

7 hours ago, agibeault said:

What is an appropriate bid to go from an inside to a veranda? Currently veranda costs more than double an inside!

An appropriate bid is what you feel personally comfortable with.   What seems like a fair bid to one person, may feel over the top to another.   You can view a few examples of “winning” bids here, if you are interested:

• Like 1